Page 1683 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 6831183158316331673168116821683168416851693173317832183 ... LastLast
Results 16,821 to 16,830 of 21865

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1683

merehart is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    What does everyone taking HCL think about water consumption? I was told by a practitioner that excess water at meals just dilutes and excretes the nutrients, and if taking HCL with meals it is making the HCL useless. Also told me to drink no more than 4 oz at a meal of liquid, and drink most of the water for the day between meals. And no or little ice, to aid digestion.

Thoughts?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Gotta share an awesome experience about getting sick (but not very sick)-

There's a nasty respiratory flu going around here. Everyone I know that has gotten it has ended up on antibiotics and quite a few have made trips to the ER w/ very sick kiddos. People at my hubby's work are missing a week at a time and returning still sick (and these nerdy engineers don't stay home often unless really sick). My son and I started coming down with the crud Sunday night. I took lots of vit C and extra D and got better in like a day. My son (4yr old) woke Tues. with a slight fever
    <100 but cleared it in a few hours with no meds (just extra C&D). My friends kids had the fever for days >104.
    I am amazed at how much better our immune systems are functioning as compared to everyone around us!
    I waited to post about this just to be sure that we were getting better with absolutely no help from big pharma.
    For decades before going on the Primal Diet and taking 10,000 IU D3 daily, I would get the WORST chest cold you could imagine. It would last for 2 sometimes even 3 months. Sometimes I even lost my voice for several weeks. This horror ended after starting on D3 !
    Now if I get a chest cold, it is very minor & gone in 2 or 3 days. AMAZING ! 10,000 IU daily gets me to 73 ng/ml blood reading.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 02-09-2012 at 12:34 PM.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Dr. Campbell-McBride says not to drink a bunch with meals so as not to dilute HCl. She advises HCl at the beginning of the meal, and broth with or after the meal, and not otherwise drinking at meal time. She advises room temp water. Reminds me of traveling to Europe - our German hostess kept the sodas & other drinks on shelves lining the walls of the steps leading down to the basement of their 100 year old farmhouse. Mind over matter, I now much prefer natural temp drinks to iced down ones.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aug19 View Post
    I am new to the Leptin Reset way of life (today is day 2). Words do not express how elated I am to find this forum and Dr. K.
    I have felt like I was the only one in the world going through trying to figure out my body for the last 3 years. I read materials from Schwarzbein, Wilson, info on GAPS, Excitoxins (Blaylock), Body by Science, Sisson, Cordain, Wolfe, The Wellness Project/Mankovitz and others to figure out what to have my very open minded PCP and my compounding pharmacist test for. Paid out of pocket for many tests. Went GF 2 years ago, Yeast diet after that, meds for a parasite (lost 20 pounds in 10 days), GAPS/Leaky Gut diet - finally discovered Paleo and gave up all grains. Got my entire family (husband and 4 kids) on 90% Paleo. I gained on it though? but continued to stay strict. People always comment How can someone who eats so pure be overweight.

Today is day 2 of LR. I am reading Dr. K's site and this forum reading for information.
    I am taking notes to have additional labs done. Just got some labs back.

I can't wait to learn more. I thought I might introduce myself and if anyone has any wisdom to share I am all ears (well eyes actually )

Weight is now 214. 5'7", 40
    I have low tolerance to cold and salt.
    I fall asleep easily (too easily actually) but wake at 3-3:30am every night. Wake up rested for the most part.
    Heart races with food insults - green tea, some cheese, glycemic foods
    I drink no caffeine/chocolate
    Sex drive great
    Stress level high right now (moving, grad school, 4 kids) but have an overall low tolerance for stress it seems
    Workout currently is yoga and walking
    B12 is chronically low. B12/Bcomplex shots quarterly. Would love to figure this out.

I take Vit D3 (400iu now I am realizing how LOW this is)
    A multi from adrenalfatigue.org called Super Adrenal Stress Formula

I would love to get rid of the anxiety I have. I have had this for three years. I control it with food. Low carb living seems to help it. Maybe I have been living close to a Leptin Reset lifestyle. I treat my anxiety with snacking, banannas which has led to weight gain. Three years ago I was severly overtraining and had anxiety/mild depression set in - maybe adrenal fatigue. Seemed to have food intolerances after that.

Current Labs are:
    HDL 43
    Tri 78
    LDL 53
    CRP >.5
    TSH .794
    B12 244
    Vit D25 hydroxy 19 (wow that seems really low)
    Monocytes 6% (higher than 3.5% is bad right? means I have too high of Omega 6 ratio?)

I am fortunate that I have a doc that will run anything I ask her too and she's really smart and willing to learn about and read anything I ask her to help me with. I have to take responsibility for it first though which is why I am here.

Now back to reading all of your informative posts, links, blog recommendations, etc...
    Welcome,
    Your journey here mirrors many who have been searching for a path to optimal health. No one really has put it together as Dr Kruse has.

Vit D3 should be between 70-100ng/ml This is where Dr K wants his patients to be. Many here supplement with 10000IU a day for 6 months and then retest.

It sounds as if your protein consumption is on the high side for your weight gain. Many of us eat 70-75% fat 20% protein and 10-15% carbs on a calorie scale. Many of us use copious amounts of coconut oil in our cooking which brings on satiety...so much so that only breakfast and dinner are required.

Your lipids:

Dr K uses HDL as a market for Leaky Gut. Yours is low indicating Leaky Gut Syndrome. Read is Leaky Gut Prescription
    As you repair your leaky gut your HDL will go up and your triglycerides will come down.

If you take a B complex vitamin your B12 level is go us. I use Kirkland B-100 (costco) one per day and my B-12 is over 1200.

Heart tachycardia (racing) happens to many on the Leptin Reset in the early stages.

On your lipids, when you do them again, get a NMR or VAP test to determine the composition of your LDL..whether it is the good bouyant pattern A type or the bad small dense type. People eating SAD always have a preponderance of the bad kind. Ketogenic paleo have converted their bad LDL over to the Large Bouyant good LDL.

And where you are geing blood work done. Get a full thyroid panel to include reverse T3 and T3, T4, TSH.

Green tea Dr K likes as it has properties that are good for us. Once you are farther down the Leptin Prescription road the tachycardia will abate.

It sounds like you should marry the Leptin Reset Prescription with the Leaky Gut Prescription currently to get you down the road to optimal.

Welcome. You have come to the right place.

If you really want to jumpstart your progress, you can read Dr. K's current blog about cold thermogenis and how cold therapy rewires our brains to be optimal. REWIRING THE LEPTIN RX RESET........... - Jack Kruse

One day at a time on these three protocols....you will be doing brain surgery on your hypothalmus leading to optimal health.

syl
    syl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Yes, it is Polish.
    Kąpiel w zamrożonym jeziorze.
    The now archaic English word for walrus—morse—is widely supposed to have come from the Slavic.
    Attachment 5694
    hahaha, those are my peoples! my cousin actually sent a pic of him diving into a hole in a frozen lake somewhere in Polnad

merehart is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Dr. Campbell-McBride says not to drink a bunch with meals so as not to dilute HCl. She advises HCl at the beginning of the meal, and broth with or after the meal, and not otherwise drinking at meal time. She advises room temp water. Reminds me of traveling to Europe - our German hostess kept the sodas & other drinks on shelves lining the walls of the steps leading down to the basement of their 100 year old farmhouse. Mind over matter, I now much prefer natural temp drinks to iced down ones.
    that was my next question- what about broth? if I want to incorporate broth at mealtimes, do i drink it during or after? does it help to not dilute it because it has a good amount of nutrients and fat with it?

thanks for the explanation. i have made the switch, and its not hard at all. but sometimes it seems like another timing issue to consider! I want to use broth for healing, but definitely don't want to snack... and also don't want to make my HCL ineffective.

natural_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkiernan View Post
    Had my appt. with my new doc yesterday. She found candida which didn't surprise me; but, I was told last fall after my 1 day hospital visit that I didn't have it cuz they would have found it when they scoped me. WTH! I am getting so much conflicting info. I saw the lab result yesterday so I know it's true. I could have been working on that all this time. She started me on caprystatin. I already eat coconut oil and it is supposed to be the same thing. Someone help me out here, am I going to benefit from it??? I read last night on candida and OMG isn't that just most of us for the symptoms.

She is not concerned about my apparent estr. dom. She doesn't even think I have it too bad as I don't have hot flashes or night sweats. I'm more confused as the last doc said I won't have hot flashes because of the est. dom. WTH again! She says you cannot test hormones in the blood cuz you don't know how much is bound or unbound. She is a firm believer in the salivary test which I am going to do end of March on day 21 and includes the cortisol.

My pancreas is working overtime according to lab results and she wants me to take more hcl and enzymes than I already am. I am on board as I never got the burn from taking too much anyway.

Yes, lots of gut issues just like Dr. K said. On a positive note, I wasn't able to eat lunch until 4:30. I had 1/2 cup of well oiled coffee around 2 and wasn't even hungry by the time we ate. That has never happened.

My b12 is good which I am surprised at. My D3 is still low. I will post the results tonight if I have time for who ever wants to give me feedback. I love this thread. Where else can you go and get so much help with everything.

Jansz, guess what, she believes in precursur hormones instead of hitting them directly. A gal after your own heart. I would prefer to be hit directly. Don't know where this relationship will go. I am sticking it out until I get the results from my cortisol test just to give it a chance. After that, if things don't meet my requirements I am off to Ohio. I am still doing well on the 2 grains of Armour but it has only been 2 weeks on it. I do chew it up first though. I am not bonking quite as bad in the afternoon and not as brain fogged either. Oh, and the 5 lbs I gained were all hormonal and are gone. Whew!

Get Cat's Claw for the Candida and do NOT eat any starch for a long time...

Oldschool is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    I just did a free visual contrast sensitivity test online and it came out normal. Still I am wondering if I should purchase the one from chronicneurotoxins.com. Maybe I will wait until I have talked to my doc later today.
    I found that I could barely pass the free online test, and went on to buy the expanded on Chronic. Did not pass. Also, there is a questionaire as well. Brought up some exposures to chemicals and solvents I've not considered. Tolulene being a particularly nasty solvent .

Martin

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by souldanzer View Post
    How refreshing to hear from another woman what "normal" eating looks like... I always feel like a freak when I eat w/ my girl friends (who are picking at the lettuce in their fat-free salad-dressings) while I clear my plate and have to finish dinner at home.

Interestingly, this is also one of the things that kept me back so long in recovering from AN - the constant push of professionals to eat between "1200 - 1600" calories, divided up into "mini-meals". Still makes me angry, they'd call it a binge if I ate 1000 cal for breakfast and then didn't want to eat until dinner, that would be "restriction". Duh. How about "I'm full".
    I've never been one to be shy about eating... or cooking - I think its one of the reasons DH loves me... I love good food as much as he does!

ME: Excuse me are you gonna use the butter on your bread????
    Friend: um no, you want it? I thought you didn't eat bread?
    ME: I don't but I do eat butter, and that will top off this flank steak nicely!
    Friend: won't it make you fat?
    ME: No, but bread will - takes butter and puts the whole damn thing on steak!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Back from hours of doctor appointments... and I've selected the Paleo doc - I found through Paleo physician network... she's declared in my appointment "I'm your consultant on health, I order labs, interpret them, help you figure out how to address what needs to be address - and you pick the solution that works for you - and try to do it so you stay w/in your budget, leveraging your health insurance" (She's got a 5star rating from UHC as a top doc in the region) She was shocked at how much abuterol/atrovent I was taking/day - and fully believes I can come off the asthma meds, as I continue down the paleo/primal path. She's also willing to work w/me on the Dzugan method... she spent an 1hr &1/2 w/me. She's also working on converting the Cardiology department at INOVA to a paleo/primal woe for treating cholesterol, and heart disease - she told me she's going to change medicine from the inside out... kind of reminded me of Dr K...

I liked the other doc - but he didn't understand why I needed to see him, if my chrio/np was ordering the same work ups he's been ordering already - he definitely has an integrative approach, and If I had a disposable medical fund -I'd consider paying him to hack me....after I'd see Dr K.

For those in the DC area - PM me and I'll give you the names of the docs I saw....
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html