Page 1675 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 6751175157516251665167316741675167616771685172517752175 ... LastLast
Results 16,741 to 16,750 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1675

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    Just fried up some wild Maine shrimp in shell in a pan with c.oil, ghee and garlic and turmeric. Tasty. Now looking at my LARGE pile of shells, and wondering if they would make a bone-like broth??? Anyone ever try? Lots of good flavor soaked into them too.

Also, MammaG: where are you finding your AID protocol, or are you just eliminating majority of commonly offending things?
    I've done this. Worked well, simmered for a few hours in water.

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by souldanzer View Post
    I've done this. Worked well, simmered for a few hours in water.
    Great, thanks! Hate waste, and they look so tasty.

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    The above sounds a little harsh, was actually meant to be enthusiastic and encouraging, oh well.
    Not taken in a harsh way. I appreciate the input. I am not talking about cutting down to 1,000 calories or anything, but it doesn't seem like I need close to 1,900 calories being sedentary, do I?

Walking or any "fun" activities are tough due to the heart racing issue. I can't walk in my neighborhood for example because it's hill-y and the slightest hill makes my heart race and I can't walk. So I have to drive somewhere where it's flat.

Here's something else I find puzzling. Last year November/December I felt much better, was on much less thyroid medication, and ate a lot more than I do now. Actually, DH and I were on a cruise and I ate a TON of food. Never gained any weight but was never full either. Then around mid-December from one day to the next I was back to gaining easily and now am on way more thyroid medication. Any thoughts on this?

I have yet to read this entire thread. I have started but I have so much brain fog that after about 15 minutes of reading I fade and can't focus. I guess the stories you are talking about are within this thread?
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderir View Post
    I lost 25 lbs in 5 months without counting calories. As long as you limit your intake of carbs and get most of your food from fat and protein, there shouldn't be a problem. It's not a math equation. Calorie restriction frequently leads to cheating. Take it easy on yourself. Some people do gain weight at different points of the reset.
    According to myfitnesspal.com I had 43 grams of carbs today (21 grams fiber) but I ate more than I usually do, and 129 grams of protein and 134 grams of fat. Carbs came from Bubbies pickles and broccoli. Thoughts?
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    I have yet to read this entire thread. I have started but I have so much brain fog that after about 15 minutes of reading I fade and can't focus. I guess the stories you are talking about are within this thread?
    I can't add much value to the thyroid thing, and I can't remember if you had the pan-testing that you might need to delve deeper. BUT, I can totally relate to the brain fog thing. I was in a complete brain fog over the last few months until I I changed my diet. I thought I was just lazy, but I really had poor concentration, which had never been a problem in this way for me in the past. The less i did, the more cloudy I became. I recently woke up. It makes it hard to read all of this thread for sure. It took forever!
    Anyway, if you are feeling like that, please please just go with the plan at face value, and expect some weight gain while your body readjusts. Also the testing piece will likely lead you in the right direction, especially in regard to thyroid and any upstream issues or deficiencies that might be at play.

colleencoble is offline Senior Member
    I was going to take a cold bath tonight and my daughter reminded me of her pool in the backyard here in Phoenix. It was FORTY-EIGHT degrees! LOL So my daughter and I got in for 20 minutes. My legs are numb. LOL

RBee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colleencoble View Post
    I was going to take a cold bath tonight and my daughter reminded me of her pool in the backyard here in Phoenix. It was FORTY-EIGHT degrees! LOL So my daughter and I got in for 20 minutes. My legs are numb. LOL
    You are so brave, good for you! I look out in my back yard and try to imagine myself walking into the spring fed lake for a dip just a few steps away. I just haven't gotten up the courage yet. That and it is only 29* here. Best I can do is a cold spray after my shower till I build up some courage. Or fill up the jet tub with icy water. Baby steps here.......

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    I am still shivering. it has been over an hour, i wonder if my fingers will ever recover.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    Not taken in a harsh way. I appreciate the input. I am not talking about cutting down to 1,000 calories or anything, but it doesn't seem like I need close to 1,900 calories being sedentary, do I?
    In my understanding, the point of the leptin rx is that calories don't matter if you're LS. It doesn't matter if you're sedentary or not, eat more calories than you "burn" - your body regulates weight independently from that IF you are LS and your hormones are on board. It would get rid of any excess through other mechanisms (heat I think).

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I do not know how you can stand that cold. Until last summer we had a pool which we decided to remove for a number of reasons, mostly so much shade that the water never got over 65 in the summer. In the winter I had to frequently reach in and connect the vacuum hose, clean the leaf trap etc. it was so excruciatingly painful it would have me having to stop. I even tried wearing gloves. I wont even brush my teeth without warm water.