Page 1674 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 6741174157416241664167216731674167516761684172417742174 ... LastLast
Results 16,731 to 16,740 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1674

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Just when I'm convinced Dr. Kruse is making all this Leptin Reset stuff up, I read this:
    "Synaptic plasticity – the ability of the synaptic connections between the brain's neurons to change and modify over time -- has been shown to be a key to memory formation and the acquisition of new learning behaviors. Now research led by a scientific team at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) reveals that the neural circuits controlling hunger and eating behaviors are also controlled by plasticity...."

For full article: Scientists delve into the brain roots of hunger and eating
    "The role of plasticity has generally not been evaluated in neuronal circuits that control feeding behavior and with this new discovery we can start to unravel the basic mechanisms underpinning hunger and gain a greater understanding of the factors that influence weight gain and obesity," explains senior author Bradford Lowell, MD, PhD, an investigator in BIDMC's Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School (HMS).
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Kace is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by souldanzer View Post
    @Kace: I put together a list of tests I plan on doing. I used Shijin's lab comparison sheet and Dr. K's blog on optimizing labs. Also still looking at some posts to make sure I've got it all covered. Posting on here for review shortly. Feel free to use - where are you from? I'm from Europe (but live in the U.S.).
    Thank you so much, souldanzer, would love to use your list of tests once you've posted it. I grew up in Switzerland, but live in the UK now. Where are you from originally?

RBee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snauzoo View Post
    I

I did want to say that if you have impingement and a bone spur you have a saw inside your shoulder. You need radical attention to posture to stop cutting through your tendon. I found a trainer who specialized in shoulders since he had a subluxation from gymnastics. Was very tuned into this stuff. He also suggested that a relatively small woman of my height and frame size who wore a size 32 DDD bra should consider breast reduction. He noticed the grooves in my shoulders from straps. I saw the surgeon but want to get my weight down a bit more first. I have a lot of mid thoracic pain and the boob weight does make me round over my shoulders. I did a lot of competitive swimming in school, mostly butterfly, which sets up imbalances also. I have a chiro who is really into alignment through strengthing, stretches me and points out tightness. He mentioned that a lot of back problems are happening in women with implants, which I do not have lol. I breastfed and went from a generous C to where I am now. Mostly due to menopause. My LPL send all my fat to my boobs. Personally I think they are a pain in the ass. They are in the way more often tab not. What was Pamela Anderson or dolly Parton thinking anyway? Anyway if you have huge boobies make sure you take care of your back. In my case bra straps hurt my operative side, unless I wear the racer back style.
    I know I will have to have it taken care of, just hoping later. I am careful with it, not using the right arm for anything over shoulder height. I used to teach aerobics and weight training...so used my arms alot over head. Now, I use the left arm for strength.
    And no, no problems with big boobies. When my weight goes down, they are the first thing to go. And they are all me, big or small LOL

RBee is offline Senior Member
    I just picked up a lab requisition from my doc and she has FSH, LH checked along with TSH (with T-3 and T-4 inked in next to the TSH). Should I ask about Free T-3, Free T-4, Reverse T-3 and R-T-4 also? The nurse said she didn't check the Estradoil or Progesterone since they will be able to check those when they do the FSH test. Just double checking since I am really trying to understand all these tests.
    Thanks~

Oldschool is offline Junior Member
    Just ordered mine this morn from a local lab that serves a health clinic. I just walked in a fwe years ago and found out I can get any test and I self-pay. They are cheaper than they charge insurance co's. But call ahead and arrange a "kit" that the lab prolly doesn't have on hand and will have to order. They age and go bad. I paid $140 for MSH. Requires special handling so be insistent on them following instructions to avoid wasting your time.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by souldanzer View Post
    does anyone now where you can get a test for alpha MSH? D. K suggested it for me.

All I can find is for lab rats. Though like I lab rat I feel at this point in my life...

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Just fried up some wild Maine shrimp in shell in a pan with c.oil, ghee and garlic and turmeric. Tasty. Now looking at my LARGE pile of shells, and wondering if they would make a bone-like broth??? Anyone ever try? Lots of good flavor soaked into them too.

Also, MammaG: where are you finding your AID protocol, or are you just eliminating majority of commonly offending things?

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    OK, I decided to count calories today and wow - no wonder I am gaining weight. I was trying to be conservative with a small lunch and I am up to 1,850 calories. I don't exercise and I don't work. My extent of physical activity today was cleaning bathrooms, dusting, and vacuuming the floor.

Should I be cutting back until I am LS?
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

L8F
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    OK, I decided to count calories today and wow

Should I be cutting back until I am LS?
    No! Did cutting calories in the past help you to feel good and get well? Read other stories on the LR again to get inspiration. Lots gained before losing, and feeling better. You need to let your body do the plan, it will take care of things if you hold steady. Easy to stress and stall. Get lots of walking in during the day outside if you can. Helps to feel good. Go back to some of the fun activities you have enjoyed in the past when you felt good. It can help also...Calories in, calories out is not where it is at with the LR. It is hard to feel ok with in the beginning, but believe me, it WORKS!

L8F
    The above sounds a little harsh, was actually meant to be enthusiastic and encouraging, oh well.

wanderir is offline Senior Member
    I lost 25 lbs in 5 months without counting calories. As long as you limit your intake of carbs and get most of your food from fat and protein, there shouldn't be a problem. It's not a math equation. Calorie restriction frequently leads to cheating. Take it easy on yourself. Some people do gain weight at different points of the reset.