Page 1634 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 6341134153415841624163216331634163516361644168417342134 ... LastLast
Results 16,331 to 16,340 of 21865

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1634

DrMommyN is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by kathylu View Post
    I do the "olive oil liver cleanse" using red grapefruit juice or lemon juice. Very low carb and it works....
    Thanks for the response, Kathylu. What is meant by "works"? Yes, please give me TMI.

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colleencoble View Post
    I wish some of that stuff was written out instead of in podcasts. I don't have time to watch video and listen to something when I can skim a book. I'm a word girl. I'm going to break down and get his book. I haven't bought Rob's book because on the website he talks about "lean meats" but maybe I can glean some other stuff from him. I don't believe in eating lean meats.
    Colleen, Robb has transcripts of his podcasts right on his site, and his podcasts are audio, meaning you can put them on any portable device and pop it in you pocket and listen while walking, or cleaning house, ironing, folding laundry, pulling weeds etc. I plug my iPod into my car audio and listen on the 40 minute drives that going anywhere in the SF bay area entail. I also can listen to them on my computer speakers.

If there is anything you particularly want to know from his book I have it right here on my iPad. I could post little summations or snippets if you want. Just not today I am having about 30 people show up here in about an hour.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMommyN View Post
    I would like to somehow "cleanse" my liver. But it almost always involves apples/applejuice which is one of the highest fructose-containing fruits. One apple gives me enough intestinal pain to be curled in the fetus position (due to fructose malabsorption). Is there another way? Dr Kruse, is the leptin reset enough to "cleanse" the liver eventually?
    Why don't you Detox the Easy Way with iodine supplements: See this report on Detox:

Iodine will detox every cell in our body from heavy metals,
    Dr. Kenezy Gyula Korhaz states that iodine chelates heavy metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium and aluminum and halogens such as fluoride and bromide, thus decreasing their iodine inhibiting effects[1] especially of the halogens.

The toxicity of modern life is impacting iodine levels. It is well known that the toxic halides, fluoride and bromide, having structure similar to iodine, can competitively inhibit iodine absorption and binding in the body.

In the case of the halides, which are all antagonistic elements to iodine, they will impede the absorption of iodine. Heavy metals get stored in the same receptors that are looking for iodine. Almost all of us are exposed to bromine and fluorine and are storing these toxic halides in our iodine deficient receptors. The mechanism of iodine in the cells is very ancient and lacking of specificity, in fact, cells are not able to distinguish iodide from other anions of similar atomic or molecular size, which may act as “pseudo-iodides”: bromide, flouride, chlorine, thiocyanate, cyanate, nitrate, pertechnate, and perchlorate. Much more here:
    Iodine Dosages and Treatments – IMVA Iodine and Detoxification
    What could be better than a detox for every cell in the body including the liver that also optimizes the thyroid and hormone levels, too?

Grizz

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Just ate great lunch. Wild frozen shrimp, thawed and dried off, tossed in a mixture of:
    coconut oil
    chopped garlic
    tons of turmeric
    ground black pepper
    Apple Cider vinegar

put on baking sheet in broiler for a few minutes. Dumped over a bowl of baby lettuce, with the pan juices as dressing for the salad. Tasty and fast. Craving seafood, getting in my iodine.

DrMommyN is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Why don't you Detox the Easy Way with iodine supplements: See this report on Detox:

Iodine will detox every cell in our body from heavy metals,

What could be better than a detox for every cell in the body including the liver that also optimizes the thyroid and hormone levels, too?

Grizz
    To be honest - I am scared of iodine. I have some unopened Lugol's and Kelp. That's as far as I got - to purchase it. After Dr Kruse posted on eating seaweed and shrimp, I decided to go that route. Reason I'm scared is because my doc said 50% feel better and 50% feel worse, and others have said it can bring on Hashimotos. I don't have antibodies now (although my doc still says I have this - we disagree) and am scared to mess my thyroid anymore than years of dieting and then pregnancy already did. But your experience is interesting, and may give me the courage at some point.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Dr.K what do you think about this?:
    The Leaky Gut Theory is False
    horseshit.....

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    All this cold bathing talk has me jonsing for a trip to the Osen.
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by syl View Post
    something interesting i found about Astragalus propinquus.
    supposedly it "...has been asserted to be a tonic that can improve the functioning of the lungs, adrenal glands and the gastrointestinal tract, increase metabolism, sweating, promote healing and reduce fatigue" and "It has been shown to increase the production of interferon and to activate immune cells such as macrophages" and the most interesting "an extract of Astragalus propinquus called TA-65 can activate telomerase, extending the lengths of the shortest telomeres which protect the terminal DNA at the ends of all chromosomes. Telomere loss is associated with errors in cell division and is thought to be the primary cause of aging"

any thoughts on this?
    my very first comment on paleohacks is about Astragalus. many antiaging docs are now selling TA 65 from Geron

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    horseshit.....
    LOL - I love it. The woman who runs that site has a lot of interesting theories.
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Dr. K - any thoughts on why my cravings would be worse in week 4 of the LR than before starting LR? I hardly ever had cravings before. I am on day 6 of week 4 and for the last 3 to 5 days I have been craving sweets and breads like crazy.
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html