Page 151 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 511011411491501511521531612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 151

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    If you think you are LR, why all the exercise?

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    DrK, I think I am beginning to understand the obsession. It's frustrating when you try to get help for these people and no one will help them. BTW, folks, I am VERY interested in this whole process, not just whether it works or not. Hey, who couldn't use another PhD??? I think the reason I am so interested is that not only do I see these "experts" spouting a bunch of crap, when I know in my n=1 that what they say doesn't work.
    Folks, I do not think that the issue is satiety from all the protein. Many of us here trying this plan know that that satiety theory has been a joke. Before, when I would eat a huge breakfast, I still wanted a coffee and bagel a few hours later.

Isis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natural_girl View Post
    However, I have yet another sore throat. These sore throats are driving me crazy! I don't know if I am allergic to something in the air or what but it goes on and off. Anyone have any idea?
    same here, I had another sore throat last week! i already had the flu a month prior, was so mad to be sick so soon after!
    My primal journal
    25yo female, height 5'7"
    goal weight: 60kg / 155lb
    goal fat%: 20%

current weight: 70kg / 154lb

“The fact that a great many people believe something is no guarantee of its truth.”
    ― W. Somerset Maugham

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Can someone explain the sore throat and how it could be related to hormone/vitamin issues. Have I picked that up correctly?
    Life. Be in it.

MollyMoo is offline Senior Member
    Belforte - I can't explain the sore throat as I'm no doctor, however, from my own experience of cutting sugar/junk/processed foods and going low carb, I haven't had as much as a sniffle in 2 years. I hear that bacteria feed on sugar, cut that and it's sources, and you cut off its food supply

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    This is why you get chronic sickness.........Vitamin d modulates t regualator cells....allows them to mature. T regulators are the cells in cell mediated immunity that keep your immune system sharp. High cortisol levels are the end result of undiagnosed LR. So if you understand hormone biochemistry.......high cortisol shunt the base chemical pregnenolone to cortisol production. If all the pregnenolone is being used to make cortisol no other steroids are made. Vitamin D is one of those steroid hormones........this is called pregnenolone steal syndrome. More over when someone cortisol is up that hormone completely shuts the immune response off.......chronically it also turns off the thyroid by increasing reverse T3 which is a direct inhibitor of T3. Now for the ultimate off valve........if your thyroid is turned off.......you can't make pregnenolone from cholesterol at all ........because that conversion requires thyroid hormone and vitamin A to happen.........this worsens the pregnenolone steal syndrome and we see every other hormone made from pregnenolone shut off. This is why leptin resistance resistance is associated with global decreases in sex steroids immunity and poor sleep with horrible energy balance...............and using leptin is how the brain oversees energy utilization and use for our 20 trillion cells to keep us fit..............

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I have not had one single iota of a sore throat since stating the reset. Maybe that's due to being primal since January and supplementing Vit D3 since March.

Yesterday, I ate breakfast at 9:30AM and didn't eat again until dinner at 6:30PM. I literally had no desire to eat until then. The same thing happened Saturday as well. Today, I plan on seeing how I do without coffee. Will have a cup or 2 of green tea at work instead. Also a pair of jean shorts that have been a bit tight in recent history are now loose.
    Georgette

primat is offline Junior Member
    Would there be any point to continue taking metform with a leptin reset diet? If the excess gluconeogenesis is due to cortisol production (utimately from rT3) I'm thinking that inhibiting the liver from making glucose will only create the need for even more cortisol? My fasting glucose is typically 110 in the morning and 90 at bedtime. Not optimal at all, even with 10-30g of dietary carbohydrate. Pot belly has been stuck for 2 years after a 60 pound weight loss in 2009, and I'm really sick of it.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    This is why you get chronic sickness.........Vitamin d modulates t regualator cells....allows them to mature. T regulators are the cells in cell mediated immunity that keep your immune system sharp. High cortisol levels are the end result of undiagnosed LR. So if you understand hormone biochemistry.......high cortisol shunt the base chemical pregnenolone to cortisol production. If all the pregnenolone is being used to make cortisol no other steroids are made. Vitamin D is one of those steroid hormones........this is called pregnenolone steal syndrome. More over when someone cortisol is up that hormone completely shuts the immune response off.......chronically it also turns off the thyroid by increasing reverse T3 which is a direct inhibitor of T3. Now for the ultimate off valve........if your thyroid is turned off.......you can't make pregnenolone from cholesterol at all ........because that conversion requires thyroid hormone and vitamin A to happen.........this worsens the pregnenolone steal syndrome and we see every other
    hormone made from pregnenolone shut off. This is why leptin resistance resistance is associated with global decreases in sex steroids immunity and poor sleep with horrible energy balance...............and using leptin is how the brain oversees energy utilization and use for our 20
    trillion cells to keep us fit..............
    I posted a link to a video on pregnenolone steal a few days or so ago:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34450.html
    Effects of Stress - Pregnenolone Steal on Vimeo

honeypig is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good morning--I have been following this thread for some time but would not allow myself to post until I had read every page, as I didn't want to duplicate what someone else had already asked. I have seen similar questions to this but don't think I have seen an answer, so here it is: I see in the "leptin rules" from Dr. K that he says to "try to allow 4-5 hours from the last meal to bedtime." Due to our schedule, it's pretty darn tough to allow more than 2.5 hours from dinner to bedtime. This is how our day typically looks:
    3 AM get up, I have my 50 grams of protein breakfast.
    3:30 out the door for a 2-3 mile dog walk at a slow pace (20 mins per mile).
    4:30 20 minutes of very easy yoga, mostly stretching, nothing vigorous
    Over the next 11 hours or so, I work 7-9 hours (medical transcriptionist, flexible hours but very sedentary work) and may take a half hour nap. Lunch around 9:30-10:30.
    4:30 PM dinner.
    7 PM sleep.

I am a runner but am out w/a back injury right now--my interest in this thread and Primal is that I was DXd as hypothyroid 7 years ago, give or take, and put on Synthroid. I lost weight slowly from 170s to 115 (I'm female, 5 feet 3 inches, 51 years old) over 4 years, doing standard calorie restriction and eating food as little processed as I could up until my first marathon 3 years ago. Since then, I have steadily gained weight back up to 140 now and my dose of Synthroid has steadily been increased over that time period also. I am absolutely unable to lose weight and turned here as a last resort. I've been eating pretty primal for about 3 months now and will see about a half pound per week weight loss for several weeks (once down to 135.5) but then it will all come back for no apparent reason.

I do understand the Primal issues with "chronic cardio", etc., and figured I would use this downtime to try to heal whatever issues I may have going on here and later assess what to do about running. Any thoughts anyone has on the time between last meal and sleep thing are appreciated, as are any other advice or ideas you may have. My apologies if I overlooked the answer earlier and made a long thread even longer needlessly.