Page 13 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 13

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Way to go Georgette!

I'm finding that, with the big breakfast of protein, I have nil snacky urges. There is stuff like jerky and kale chip and nuts sitting around my kitchen not getting used. I just don't feel the need for anything outside of real meals. And, in case anyone was interested in the two meal variation on the plan, it seems to be working well for me, late breakfast, early dinner. I've also been finding that I feel more like going to bed at a reasonable hour and , consequently getting up a bit earlier naturally. Who knows I might become a morning person yet.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Originally Posted by RachelZoe
    What will you eat for your 50g of protein for breakfast?
    3 fried eggs 21 grams
    4 slices canadian bacon, 2.5 oz, 17 grams
    Cafe con leche with 8 oz. Raw milk, 8 grams

Total - 46 grams protein

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Most mornings I'm just eating 6-8oz of quickly seared steak. Sometimes with an egg. I don't snack, don't even have the urge--unless I walk by the pantry or frig when I might have a momemtary thought, but dismiss it. I'm still amazed by my peaceful sleep.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Most mornings I'm just eating 6-8oz of quickly seared steak. Sometimes with an egg. I don't snack, don't even have the urge--unless I walk by the pantry or frig when I might have a momemtary thought, but dismiss it. I'm still amazed by my peaceful sleep.
    I was at Target adn thought "I wish they had macadamia nuts" and then I was like, no wait, no snacks! And then I realized, it was a thought, not a craving.

I am not hungry between meals and really only get the "empty" feeling right before dinner. I am waiting for the fatigue to go, but that could be an issue of another sort not as related to this woe. Or it could be my body is relearning to burn more complex energy sources than carbs and it is working harder than normal. Who knows? My mood is great, I saw a runner with an amazing physique this mronign and instead of thinking "I want to be like her." I thought "that is going to be me." Hope is good.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Do you have to do this every single day for 6-8 weeks or can you miss some days? Like if you don't have enough time to cook or stay at a friends place.. what would you do??

Robynbee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    There is stuff like jerky and kale chip and nuts sitting around my kitchen not getting used.
    Same with me. I've had jerky hanging around for about a week, which is craziness. Usually it's gone in about ten minutes. Same with my bag of macadamia nuts, I haven't touched them in a while. I'm not doing the "eating 50g of protein 30 mins upon waking" because I don't think I'm leptin resistant, I'm just eating a fairly large protein meal (about 25-30gm) whenever I first get hungry (really trying to differentiate between boredom and true hunger), and then again at dinner time. Cutting out the snacking hasn't been as difficult as I had originally thought.

sarahmasteller is offline Senior Member
    Could more people chime in with about how many grams of fat they are eating along with their high protein breakfasts? i am trying this...however the last few times I have had my breakfast of at least 50g of protein (usually combination of boneless/skinless chicken strips/eggs/butter/parmesan cheese) (today I think my fat grams were about 22g for breakfast is that just too low? about 6 carbs) I have been quite hungry within two hours of eating that! Very strange. I had been doing the whole IF deal where I would eat about 2-3 meals a day between 12pm-8pm and I'm just surprised at my hunger! Drinking plenty of water too so that shouldn't be it....any info or thoughts appreciated

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahmasteller View Post
    Could more people chime in with about how many grams of fat they are eating along with their high protein breakfasts? i am trying this...however the last few times I have had my breakfast of at least 50g of protein (usually combination of boneless/skinless chicken strips/eggs/butter/parmesan cheese) (today I think my fat grams were about 22g for breakfast is that just too low? about 6 carbs) I have been quite hungry within two hours of eating that! Very strange. I had been doing the whole IF deal where I would eat about 2-3 meals a day between 12pm-8pm and I'm just surprised at my hunger! Drinking plenty of water too so that shouldn't be it....any info or thoughts appreciated
    I would say stay away from the boneless/skinless chicken breast. Most of us doing it seem to be eating red meat/sausage with eggs and maybe some other meat on the side.
    Georgette

sarahmasteller is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Georgette, you're probably right! They were cheap so I got them but even eating 8 oz of it...apparently it's not so filling long term I need to find a good source for decent sausage! Just sort of shocked me because normally I can wake and not even be hungry and don't have to eat until 2 p.m. ...but it was like eating made it so that I got hungry sooner? Seems counter intuitive to me but...still trying to figure everything out

geostump is offline Senior Member
    What I've been doing is taking 3-4 eggs and scrambling with either 2 oz sausage or chorizo then also have 2-3 oz red meat. Keeps me full for a long time.
    Georgette