Page 1234 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 234734113411841224123212331234123512361244128413341734 ... LastLast
Results 12,331 to 12,340 of 21865

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1234

DrMommyN is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have some labs to share – some are quite strange, but most show that the leptin reset seems to be working well for me in addition to the obvious lack of cravings.

I was quite upset after my doc appointment, mainly because he did not think I needed bioidentical hormones after all, and I had hoped that would be the solution to some of my issues. My main issue is that I’ve had a constant headache for 4 months now (since when I jumped back on HCG after gaining on my first go at the Leptin Reset, but did not go away in the typical 2-3 days nor when I stopped HCG), and I was really hopeful it might be gone by Christmas. I didn’t post right away, as I knew a few days would give me better perspective.

After my last appointment when I had blood drawn:
    My doc predicted: low DHEA (no), low cortisol (no), low progesterone (?), low testoterone (no).
    My predictions: low T3 (yes), better Vit D (yes) (?), low progesterone, low B12 and Folic Acid (neither tested – arg), high CRP (no)

So I’ll start with the strangest numbers:
    Total Cholesterol: 192 (highest EVER. Up from 138 in Sept on HCG, and typical off-the-chart low 95 over last 10 years)
    HDL: 152 (What?! Do they even get that high? Should I be celebrating or wondering what the heck is going on? Up from 92 in Sept on HCG, and typical 47 over last 10 years)
    LDL: 36, down from 41 in Sept on HCG, and typical 39 over last 10 years)
    Triglycerides: 22, about the same as 23 in Sept on HCG, and down from typical 46 over last 10 years)

BTW – the lab marked that they got the results doing a repeat analysis. Guess they didn’t believe the numbers either.

Next set of strange numbers is for thyroid. Usually you have a higher TSH with lower levels of T3 and T4, and then a lower TSH with higher levels of T3 and T4 – shows that the pituitary is sending the right message. Mine are all low or lowish. I am taking Armour (and T3 at the time of blood draw), so some would argue that TSH is not really that significant. But I’ve never had this strange combo.

TSH: .53 (.4-4.5 reference)
    Free T3: 2.2 LOW (2.3-4.2 reference) I KNEW it! I always feel badly when my T3 drops below 3.0, and feel my best in mid-3s—although never been higher to compare. It has been as low as 1.2.
    Free T4: 0.9 (0.8-1.8 reference)

I was most surprised that my doc DOUBLED my current dose of Armour, and removed the T3. The call I got this past week about reducing my Armour was a communication error by the nurse. He has always increased very slowly, and did recommend I titrate up to that level. I retest in a month. It is possible a lot of my symptoms are still hypothyroid, just hard to believe. I will be so happy if it helps my headache go away.

Total Cortisol: 19.3 (4.0-22.0 reference), up from 16.3 in May. SEE, I told you I did not have adrenal fatigue! I knew because I don’t have a problem getting up in the morning or getting to sleep right away. My other issues with dizziness, salt craving and animals like to lick my skin!, and muscle weakness probably have more to do with this number –
    Aldosterone: 6 (<25 reference). I don’t know if this is particularly low or not and have never tested it before. I did not refrain from using salt the day before because I did not know it would be tested, and still do not know which way that influences the test.

Next set of surprising numbers – in a good way.
    C-Reactive Protein 0.44 (<0.80 reference) Was surprised as I still have distention and gut issues, but this is low and my HDL is high. Where does the gut figure in?

DHEA Sulfate: 159 (25-220 reference). This is up from 116 in May with NO supplementing.
    Vitamin D, 1,25 (OH)2, Total 84 HIGH (reference 18-72), up from 37.9 a year ago, but have only been supplementing 10K a day for 2 months now. Doc and I both agree this number was great. My shins are still very sore, however – so not sure what that means.

Pregnenolone 71 (7-188 reference, premenopausal). Doc said this was good. Had not supplemented.
    FSH 14.4 which is normal for Mid-cycle (3.1-17.7), but above range for follicular (2.5-10.2) and luteal (1.5-9.1), but we don’t know my cycle without menstruating. I’m guessing the pain I had briefly 6 days after this test was ovulation, which would indicate the follicular stage.
    LH 5.8 Normal for Follicular (1.9-12.5) and Luteal (0.5-16.9), but low for Mid-cycle peak (8.7-76.3)
    Progesterone 1.4 (<1 follicular, 2.6-21.5 luteal) This is up from my last test in September of 0.6 while on HCG. This is the number that my doc totally changed his tune from saying estrogen-dominance and perimenopause 2 weeks ago to now saying my hormones were still good, and I could have a baby if I wanted. I’m 45, and definitely don’t want more babies. Both of mine had colic & reflux for 6 months, and I’d go crazy to do that again. I had so many of the estrogen-dominant symptoms, that I might revisit if thyroid/ Leptin reset doesn’t fix some things in the next few months.
    Estradiol: 74 (follicular 11-212, Mid-cycle 18-480, Luteal <247)
    Testosterone: 42 (2-45 reference). Doc said very good and he was surprised.

Ferritin 80 (10-232) down from 330 High a year ago. Gave blood twice.
    Iron, total: 195 HIGH (40-175), up from 121 in June. Doc said this wasn’t bad. I’m thinking bad – and that I need to give blood more regularly with my current diet.
    Iron Binding Capacity 327 (250-450), up from 260 in June
    % Saturation: 60% HIGH (15-50%), up from 47% in June

That’s it. Didn’t run the Omega 3/6 like he said he would (twice) unless it takes longer. Didn’t run any of the other vitamins I asked for: A, B6, B12, K, Folic, Selenium, Zinc. So I guess I need to order these myself. Do you need a doctor’s order to get the Spectracel Micronutrient package? Looks like it. Is there another similar package you can get without your doctor?
    Last edited by DrMommyN; 12-20-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Vkiernan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Papaya, but i cant eat the fruit it will kill my insulin levels
    Better question would be how & why would it benefit you?

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkiernan View Post
    Better question would be how & why would it benefit you?
    Dionidase 1 is for the brain
    Dionidase 3 shuts the game off
    Dionidase 2 is the gold.

Dionidase 2 activity can be regulated by ubiquitination:

The covalent attachment of ubiquitin inactivates D2 by disrupting dimerization and targets it to degradation in the proteosome

Deubiquitination removing ubiquitin from D2 restores its activity and prevents proteosomal degradation.

The Hedgehog cascade acts to increase D2 ubiquitination through WSB1 activity, decreasing D2 activity.

Deubiquitinating enzymes (DUBs) are a large group of proteases that regulate ubiquitin-dependent metabolic pathways by cleaving ubiquitin-protein bonds. DUBs can be classified into two main classes: cysteine proteases and metalloproteases.

Cysteine proteases have a common catalytic mechanism that involves a nucleophilic cysteine thiol in a catalytic dyad. Therefore they are also sometimes referred to as thiol proteases. Cysteine proteases are commonly encountered in fruits including papaya, pineapple, fig and kiwifruit. The proportion of protease tends to be higher when the fruit is unripe. In fact, dozens of latices of different plant families are known to contain cysteine proteases. In humans they are responsible for apoptosis, MHC class II immune responses, prohormone processing, and extracellular matrix remodeling important to bone development.

Metalloproteinases (or metalloproteases) constitute a family of enzymes from the group of proteases, classified by the nature of the most prominent functional group in their active site. Most metalloproteases are zinc-dependent, but some use cobalt.
    Last edited by quelsen; 12-20-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Vkiernan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Dionidase 1 is for the brain
    Dionidase 3 shuts the game off
    Dionidase 2 is the gold.

Dionidase 2 activity can be regulated by ubiquitination:

The covalent attachment of ubiquitin inactivates D2 by disrupting dimerization and targets it to degradation in the proteosome

Deubiquitination removing ubiquitin from D2 restores its activity and prevents proteosomal degradation.

The Hedgehog cascade acts to increase D2 ubiquitination through WSB1 activity, decreasing D2 activity.

Deubiquitinating enzymes (DUBs) are a large group of proteases that regulate ubiquitin-dependent metabolic pathways by cleaving ubiquitin-protein bonds. DUBs can be classified into two main classes: cysteine proteases and metalloproteases.

Cysteine proteases have a common catalytic mechanism that involves a nucleophilic cysteine thiol in a catalytic dyad. Therefore they are also sometimes referred to as thiol proteases. Cysteine proteases are commonly encountered in fruits including papaya, pineapple, fig and kiwifruit. The proportion of protease tends to be higher when the fruit is unripe. In fact, dozens of latices of different plant families are known to contain cysteine proteases. In humans they are responsible for apoptosis, MHC class II immune responses, prohormone processing, and extracellular matrix remodeling important to bone development.
    Ok, when I don't pay attention to the big words I don't understand, I get the big picture at least. Papain is one of those that should create the effect you are looking for. Thanks. With this, I will be reading more to make it make better sense since I have the rt3 issue.

Still need to figure out what events all create the rt3 issue.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    LOL most of those words are not big anymore, give it 6 months :-)

so yes ther is an effect which causes one of the two Dionidases to be dominant. if D3 is dominant your energy useage shuts down ( mostly ) if D2 is dominant you burn thru fuel like the space shutle acheiving orbit
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

smarkley is offline Senior Member
    OK... Lets get that D2 going. We need a plan!
    started weight loss journey 6/1/10 -182 lbs total loss
    Leptin Reset/Primal (started 9/3/11 wt 226 ) -- week 14 -10 lbs loss thus far

Avocados are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

Oldschool is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    what-are-the-top-15-diseases-you-would-like-to-see-bio-hacked-from-a-primal-paleo optic?

Please list as many as you think would be helpful to people to see hacked for a project we are working on.

Thanks.
    Lyme's Disease!!! PLEASE! There are hundreds of thousands of us desperate for ANY guidance on how to get our bodies to deal with this. I know it's a "different animal" but getting Optimal has got to help.

Firbo, Chronic Fatigue, these always seem like symptoms to me, but if they can be hacked, I believe it would get our heads around what's going on.

Oldschool, aka Martin on your blog

nuttmegs17 is offline Senior Member
    I would love if Drk or Janz can take a look at my labs under my journal kinda concerned by the high testosterone high c-reactiveprotein, high dhea-s....among other things.

dru
    dru is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    That is what doctors do when facing low cortisol.

Since you had low progesterone (and likely low pregnenolone), you would have got more natural profile if you started from the top.

Consider posting all labs that you have.

My cortisol as actually high - not low. Preg, Prog, DHEA-S, T3 were all bottomed out. I'm sure cortisol eventually would've tanked but I wasn't there yet.

Doc prescribed HC to lower inflammation to allow me to better tolerate thyroid supplementation.

Will post labs here (if that's appropriate) when they're finalized this week.
    Last edited by dru; 12-20-2011 at 12:09 PM.

dru
    dru is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    yes D3 turns T3 to rev T3......i said this in the first leptin series in june.......I guess no body believed me?
    I believe you now because I'm seeing it on my labwork with my very own eyes.

I'm speaking with my doc this week and I can only imagine that he'll want to use more HC to lower inflammation/RT3 and to enable thyroid hormone into the brain.

Is there an alternate route that we should pursue?
    Last edited by dru; 12-20-2011 at 12:27 PM.