Page 1194 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 194694109411441184119211931194119511961204124412941694 ... LastLast
Results 11,931 to 11,940 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1194

pyrosis is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    why do not you read the blog. The answers are all there.
    I did, sir. At least I read the RX and FAQ and looked for this answer in the rest of the blog but I did not find it. In the follow up you recommend training between 1pm and 5pm. Why does the recommendation change?

Just trying to understand. For myself I suppose it does not matter because my favored activities cannot be done after 5pm in the winter and I am not willing to give them up.

Like my mother always says, take what resonates with you and leave the rest. So I will.

Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverNeighbor View Post
    I can't address your exercise question but...
    Thank you for the info!

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrosis View Post
    I did, sir. At least I read the RX and FAQ and looked for this answer in the rest of the blog but I did not find it. In the follow up you recommend training between 1pm and 5pm. Why does the recommendation change?

Just trying to understand. For myself I suppose it does not matter because my favored activities cannot be done after 5pm in the winter and I am not willing to give them up.

Like my mother always says, take what resonates with you and leave the rest. So I will.

Thank you for your time.
    Did you read the comments section on the FAQ Leptin Blog. Cortisol is the key. THE LEPTIN RX...FAQ's - Jack Kruse

Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    Did you read the comments section on the FAQ Leptin Blog. Cortisol is the key. THE LEPTIN RX...FAQ's - Jack Kruse
    I did, and still couldn't find the answer to this. Cortisol should be higher in the morning, lower in the evening, right? Why then do something stressful in the evening rather than in the morning?

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    I think that some of the problems people are having with this is that it really isn't a diet program, so thinking about it like another diet program will get you all caught up in that. For example, the recommendation is to do it for a few weeks perfectly, and start back at square one if you go off it. In a typical diet program, you just cheat for a day, and then continue. But this is different. There is this assumption in CW diet-land, and in many paleo camps, this concept of homeostasis. But when you are trying to balance hormones, you can't just go on and off and on and off something and expect things to settle down so quickly. And maybe they do for young men. But for many of us, just going low carb didn't cut it.

That said, when I did straight low carb or low carb paleo, I never experienced the changes in temperature. Even though low carb got rid of my hot flashes, and my muscles still got really sore after working out and I got really cold when I IF'd or reduced calories. I absolutely never in my life forgot to eat before, so yes, this is different. But I do not share with others that you have to have a particular sort of religious-like belief in it in order for it to work. I suppose if the recommendations were so far off what I was already doing, I would have demanded more proof. But really, when lots of the early people started, DrK hadn't written all the blog yet. Its just a strict low carb paleo plan with some meal spacing and portion suggestions.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    So I'm curious to try this, though my body fat % is within normal range, I still have insane sugar cravings as any of my friends can attest. Only very active lifestyle and eating lots of meat and veg ~75% of the time save me. I would love to kick the sweet tooth. But I participate in very strenuous outdoor sports (rock climbing, backcountry snowboarding) and I am not willing to give it up. Is it possible to benefit from this even if you exercise during the day?
    Why don't you re-visit it in the spring? Read along till then, gather evidence on both the scientific and success (or lack thereof) sides. You can then decide if it's worth it to hold off on strenuous activity for just 6 weeks, *if* the result is losing all sugar cravings forever.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Theta is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post

It takes time. I was ravenous for the first five months I tried this. Thing BAM one day I was full from bkst, then it started lasting past lunch and then on to almost dinner. I haven't eaten lunch in three weeks and I rarely get hungry before 6!
    Thank you, MamaGrok, that really helps. That gives me hope. I guess misery loves company.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Why don't you re-visit it in the spring? Read along till then, gather evidence on both the scientific and success (or lack thereof) sides. You can then decide if it's worth it to hold off on strenuous activity for just 6 weeks, *if* the result is losing all sugar cravings forever.
    It's a good suggestion. I might try just the dietary side of it now, that part makes intuitive sense to me, without altering my exercise regime, to see how that goes.

Also, I admit at first I was quite skeptic but seeing how generous Dr Kruse is in giving his time to this makes it much more believable to me. Thanks to everyone for the responses.

Also, I work night shift and cannot immediately change, so I'm screwed anyway.

Vkiernan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    What exactly made you feel better? Not really sure if it was the vit D, leptin reset, thyroid meds or all of them. I found out my thyroid was tanked first, then found out I had low T and D afterthat. Started supplementing them shortly after the thyroid med. This is what my hubby says too, you don't know cuz you changed so many things at once. I needed to do something.

D is for vit D (right)?Yes.

fibroids?Nope

Fibroids

Estrogen dominance is the leading cause of fibroids and a precursor to a hormonal sensitive tumor. This condition is an epidemic largely ignored by conventional medicine. For this reason, preventive steps and early intervention is highly advisable.

Fibroids are promoted by persistently high estrogen production. Without the monthly balancing effect of progesterone, the uterus continues to grow. Prevention and treatment of fibroids from a non-surgical perspective should therefore focus on reducing the level of estrogen in the body as well as increasing the level of progesterone (the antagonist to estrogen) level within.
    ==================================================

It would be a good idea to get your steroid hormone panel first.
    Your doc may have done some of it before (that is why you are getting pregnenolone and progesterone).Yes, she added the prog. and I added the pregnenolone and 7-keto dhea.

I thing you badly (for the last 10 years or more) need Arimidex,
    probably 1mg/day or 1mg/EOD
    Why do you think I need this? I did have calcium deposits removed a few years back.
    pick one
    do blood tests of
    Estradiol, sensitive month latter.
    I am taking Arimidex 1mg/E5D to get from E2~50 to 20
    You need to get from E2=591 to 212 or less, (11-212)

================================

Fibroids
    Michael Lam, MD, MPH
    Fibroids
    DrLam.com - The Authority on Natural Medicine

Fibroids

Understanding Uterine Fibroids - YouTube

Thanks Jansz.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    I did, and still couldn't find the answer to this. Cortisol should be higher in the morning, lower in the evening, right? Why then do something stressful in the evening rather than in the morning?
    the reset is done to confuse the brainstem.......and the brain takes confusion and tries to make sense of it. It then causes itself to revert back to default in utero settings when it can not reconcile what is being done. The first change we see if the loss of all cravings as this disorders the carbophilic NPY in the brainstem. The postscript leptin post is explicit to why you need to exercise 1-4 PM. People who are Leptin resistant only should do the reset. IF you dont know if you are test. It is all in there.
    Last edited by DigitalSurgeon; 12-13-2011 at 07:34 PM.