Page 1184 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 1846841084113411741182118311841185118611941234128416842184 ... LastLast
Results 11,831 to 11,840 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1184

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smarkley View Post
    dex!

Mrs and I finally got all the stuff together for your concoction and tried it tonight... HOLY CRAP it is VILE! HAHAHAHA!
    I was only able to choke down 2 tablespoons of it... the Mrs did 3! She is tough LOL.

We did end up using yogurt, not sure if we will ever do it again though... still looking for a different delivery system LOL.
    I prefer to call the concoction "interesting". Seriously, back off somewhat on the spices and add more melted coconut oil. If the mix has a rough texture to it, you have used too much cinnamon. And remember Dr K says that the combination of black pepper and the tumeric has gut healing powers when used together. And the cinnamon is to keep the arteries and veins supple and pliable...not stiff...so they will flex in the body.

Just eating the greek yogurt plain without the spices is a probiotic which helps in healing the gut.

Do you find Greek Gods Greek Yogurt? I find I like it better than Fage full fat.

You can also combine the tumeric and black pepper when doing a meat slow cooker in beef broth.
    Last edited by Dextery; 12-11-2011 at 07:01 PM.

smarkley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    I prefer to call the concoction "interesting". Seriously, back off somewhat on the spices and add more melted coconut oil. If the mix has a rough texture to it, you have used too much cinnamon. And remember Dr K says that the combination of black pepper and the tumeric has gut healing powers when used together. And the cinnamon is to keep the arteries and veins supple and pliable...not stiff...so they will flex in the body.

Just eating the greek yogurt plain without the spices is a probiotic which helps in healing the gut.

Do you find Greek Gods Greek Yogurt? I find I like it better than Fage full fat.

You can also combine the tumeric and black pepper when doing a meat slow cooker in beef broth.
    Okies... will do with tumeric and black pepper. We did use greek yogurt but it is call Zoi and is full fat -- Zoi Greek Yogurt | Yami Greek Yogurt | Auburn Greek Yogurt it is good stuff I think, we used to use it when we were doing dairy more regularly. After I tried a little I decided to add a little stevia... that didn't help though. None of it has come back up yet, but my gut is churning pretty good -- Hahaha!

I will keep experimenting, but I don't think I can talk my wife into trying it ever again though hahahaha!
    started weight loss journey 6/1/10 -182 lbs total loss
    Leptin Reset/Primal (started 9/3/11 wt 226 ) -- week 14 -10 lbs loss thus far

Avocados are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

Mick1967 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post

You said, "Week 4 I went zero carbs for most of the week. And I ended up feeling poorly that week, my glucose numbers stayed the same and my weight loss was nil. Adding back the few carbs I'd been eating made me feel better right away."

How many carbs did you add and what kind were they?
    I'm pretty much have eaten the same things every day during the Reset. For carbs, I have spinach with my eggs in the morning, half an avocado and a Bubbies pickle with lunch and some broccoli sauteed in coconut oil for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post

I would love to know why the lunch had an effect on your loss & sleep. I'm not hungry at all for lunch, ever, but OTOH, my sleep has never been restful, even on the reset, and my weight loss has been dismally slow, whether on the reset or not. Were you hungry when you skipped lunch?
    I wasn't hungry when I skipped lunch. I ate roughtly the same amount of food, I just shifted it around. I ate the half an avocado and a bit more protein with breakfast and moved the Bubbies pickle to dinner. I usually eat breakfast between 6:20 and 6:40am. I would start getting hungry between 5 and 5:30pm.

Eventually I want to get to two meals a day, as I really enjoyed that seemingly free time I had in the middle of the day.

kristiashley is offline Senior Member
    Mick, awesome story, thanks for sharing.

Dex, I have to agree, the yogurt concoction is interesting, lmao. Perhaps a bit too interesting for me and I love spicy things. It did give me the impetus to make sure I'm getting those spices in my diet in other ways though. Turmeric and black pepper in the am with my ground beef and eggs; Maca and cinnamon with my yogurt and coconut smoothie on the days I work out; etc. I need to get better at incorporating things into my diet that will give me the vit/minerals I need. You are inspiring when it comes to that, thanks!

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Do any of you est the same thing for breakfast every day when doing the reset? If so what do you have.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I have four eggs scrambled w/ salt & pepper in 1T of coconut oil & 5.5oz of pork sausage, with another 1T CO poured over those (I break them in half so they absorb it all). Dee. Licious.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
    My husband and I have been on the Leptin Reset protocol for a couple of months, he fell off the wagon during Thanksgiving. Too many indulgences -- as seen by his Cholesterol levels.

Regarding the Vitamin D results -- he has been taking 10,000 units daily.

Any input and guidance would be appreciated.

Lab Test Result Result Range
    11/9/2011 12/9/2011
    VAP
    Total HDL-C Direct 131 <130 (LDL)
    Total HDL-C Direct 71 83 >40
    Total VLDL-C Direct 12 <30
    Total Cholesterol 178 226 <200
    Triglycerides 56 35 <150
    Total APOB100 - Calc 87 <109
    Total Non-HDL-C (LDL+VLDL) 143 <160
    LP9a) Cholesterol 14 <10
    IDL-C 4 <20
    Real -LDL-C 112 <100
    Total LDL-C 96 131 <130
    Remnant Lip (IDL+VLDL3) 12 <30
    HDL-2 (large Buoyant) 24 >10
    HDL-3 59 >30
    VLDL-3 8 <10
    Cholest/HDL Ratio 2.51 0.0-5.0

Magnesium 2.1 1.5-2.5

TESTOSTERONE
    Total Testosterone 314 468 250-1100 very low as is, considering super high SHBG it is even worst
    Testosterone - Free 47.7 35-155

SHBG 55 10-50 ideal SHBG=20, acceptable 15<SHBG<25
    do what you have to do, so dr Kruse would hack how to manipulate SHBG up or down

Pregnenolone 73 13-208 very low, he probably also have low progesterone and it my also carry over to cortisol.

Vitamin D, 25-OH 53 60 30-100 do not be shy going slightly over 100, toxicity ~200, (vit A, D, K2-MT4) work together
    Vitamin D 25-OH, D3 53 60
    Vitamin D 25-OH, D2 <4 <4

FTI
    T3 Uptake 36.2 25-35
    T4 6.6 4.5-12
    FTI 2.39 1.25-4.55
    TSH 1.52 0.40-4.50
    Reverse T3 27 11-32.0
    Free T4 1.4 0.8-1.8

DHEA Sulfate 174 25-240 lef recomends 350-490 μg/dL, in healthy person DHEAs is 95% of all Steroid hormones
    (1-174/490)*100=64 another way of saying that your hubby is missing about 64% of steroid hormones

Ferritin 203 20-380

CBC
    Glucose, Fasting 95 78 65-99
    BUN 19 17 7-25.0
    Creatinine 0.92 0.83 0.76-1.46
    Calcium 9.5 9.5 8.6-10.2
    Total Protein 6.5 6.6 6.2-8.3
    Albumin 4.7 4.8 3.6-5.1
    Total Bilirubin 0.7 0.9 0.2-1.2
    AST (SGOT) 18 18 010-35
    ALT (SGPT) 23 21 9.0-60
    Potassium 5 4.2 3.5-5.3

Globulin 1.8 2.1-3.7
    Albumin/Globulin Ratio 2.6 1.0-2.1

.................................................. .........
    Last edited by JanSz; 12-12-2011 at 08:22 AM.

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Indianstar
    Also Jan, I started the epsom salt enema as suggested by you since Magnesium Malate is not available in India. Everytime I use it, within ten minutes I need to go to the bathroom. How can it be a mg supplementation tool then since I hardly get any time to absorb it?

Quote Originally Posted by piano-doctor-lady View Post
    Hello, Indian Star. I was wondering how the epsom salt enema would work, since if you take epsom salts by mouth they are extremely laxative.
    Good question,
    and it is not the same, by mouth vs by bottom.
    I have seen it explained but cant find reference. Have to do with how our signaling works.

My Epsom salt enemas come from this place:
    drmyhill

Magnesium Per Rectum - DoctorMyhill

After I spend $$ on equipment as described by dr Hill, I had to improce on it,
    otherwise my laundry bill would skyrocket.
    Enemas are messy.

Originally it was messy but now no drop should be spilled.

--------------------------
    IndianStar

When you have the loaded catheter syringe with catheter installed,
    sit on toilet seat
    insert catheter 3-4"
    push piston
    remove
    squease anus
    go and lay down on bed

after 2-3 times, it will become routine, any anxiety will fade
    do this right before bed time
    lay still in bed
    if you fall asleep, you may hold the content for couple hours.
    patience

-------------------------------

My Green Laser Prostate surgery - Page 8

///////////////////

In my description, I have kept original proportions but changed mechanical details.

==============

Magnesium Per Rectum
    From DoctorMyhill
    Magnesium Per Rectum - DoctorMyhill

Giving magnesium by injection is the quickest way of restoring normal blood and tissue levels of magnesium. However, for some patients the injections, whilst giving benefit, are too painful to be considered long term.

At a conference in Australia in 1999 I spoke to a doctor who had been trying magnesium sulphate given PR (per rectum - ie up the backside! - like a suppository) with some success. If this technique works, then it would be a cheap, safe, do-it-yourself at home technique which could replace uncomfortable injections. I have now tried magnesium PR with quite a few of my patients and it has been as effective as the injections in some of them.

To try this at home, you need some Epsom salts and an enema syringe. Epsom salts are virtually pure magnesium sulphate and are available from chemists. You can buy an enema syringe from the chemist and this can be re-used so long as sensible hygienic precautions are taken between doses.

Dissolve 250g of Epsom salts in 1 litre of warm water. This provides 5 grams in 20 ml, equivalent to 600mgs of elemental magnesium. This solution can be stored in the fridge for six months, but do not forget to warm up before use.

Small bottles of spring water are 8fl oz=236ml
    0.236*250g=59g Epsom Salt.

1 US cup = 8 oz=236.588237 cc
    I make my 10 oz coffee using round (measuring) tablespoon of Maxwell House Instant Coffee.
    Coffee enemas are done with full strenght coffee.
    For 20cc enema I would need 1 tablespoon coffee.
    Lets try first half strenght.

236ml/20=11.8 portions=11.8/2=6 tablespoons(to get half strenght)
    I am not giving up to purists who would insist on organic coffee.

Wonder if sleeping is going to be affected by "taking" 5oz of full strength coffee in the rear.

No, sleep is not disturbed.

To load the syringe dip the tip into the magnesium solution, and draw 20ml back into the syringe. Some patients find it easier to hold the magnesium in by starting with a very tiny amount of the liquid and slowly increasing the dose, thus giving the back passage time to get used to the experience! Magnesium is well absorbed through the colon and 600mgs is a good dose. All electrolytes have potential toxicity, so do not use more than 20ml in 24 hours.

Insert the tip of the enema syringe into your bottom (perhaps using some KY jelly as a lubricant). Once the tip is in position, slowly squeeze the bulb and the contents will pass into the rectum. It is sensible to lie down for several minutes after! Hold on to the magnesium for as long as possible.

If the magnesium is being absorbed, then I would expect patients to get the same response as from a magnesium injection, but of course without the pain. It does work for a useful proportion of CFS patients so is well worth trying if you get benefit from the magnesium injections.

====================
    Mentor Red Rubber Urethral Catheter - 14 Fr. Price: $1.00
    http://www.amazon.com/Mentor-Red-Rub...8630522&sr=1-4

Catheter Tip 60 CC Syringe Price: $0.72

Amazon.com: Catheter Tip 60 CC Syringe: Pet Supplies

Fast Weigh M-500 Digital Pocket Scale, 500 by 0.1 G Price: $5.70
    Amazon.com: Fast Weigh MS-500-BLK Digital Pocket Scale, 500 by 0.1 G: Kitchen & Dining

Rite Aid Epsom Salt 64 oz (1.8 kg) Price: $6.99
    Amazon.com: Rite Aid Epsom Salt 64 oz (1.8 kg): Health & Personal Care

----------
    Magnesium - treating a deficiency - DoctorMyhill
    Can you hang on to magnesium?

For magnesium to be retained inside cells you need good cell membranes. The two important facets of cell membranes are:
    Have good antioxidant status - see Antioxidants. (I take them a lots for A1c management and other)
    Have good levels of fats and Essential Fatty Acids in the diet. See GOOD FATS AND BAD FATS. (I take them)
    Boron is necessary for normal calcium and magnesium metabolism.

I take 3mg of Boron with each Only Trace Minerals pill, I take 3 pills. Total 9mg of Boron
    Nutritional Supplements - what everybody should be taking all the time even if nothing is wrong - DoctorMyhill
    Myhill's Magic Minerals would have me use 6*2=12mg of boron

Quote Originally Posted by DrMommyN View Post
    So I know both of us are taking the Betaine HCl. I've definitely noticed a difference in how much fat is not seen in stool now. Perhaps it also involves healing the gut mucosa lining - which is what we are trying to do anyway with leptin reset and coconut oil, right?

Interestingly, came across this today: "Low cholesterol or triglyceride may give a clue toward fat malabsorption as low calcium and phosphate toward osteomalacia from low vitamin D." I do have very low cholesterol and triglycerides - did you say you did, too? Another side effect of malabsorption (fat, protein, or carbohydrates) is abdominal swelling - another symptom we share. We both been doing the Reset for quite a while, so will be interesting to see when the swelling gets better. Even now, I have nights that my stomach is not as distended. Have you had any of your vitamin levels tested (esp B12, A, D, E, K)? I should know my results to these next Sat.
    I didn't have a problem with fatty stool before, so no change on that front. I was wondering about fat malabsorption b/c a friend just had her enterolabs test come back positive with that.

My cholesterol & trig's were not low - just got the latter under 100 after three years of eating a traditional foods style. Also, my b12 is 795, IIRC - quite good according to the lab ranges, although I've seen Dr. K rec 1000+. It's so interesting how complex these things can be.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That was painfully explicit, jansz, lol, but let me suggest not using KY jelly for ANYthing. It was the cause of years and years of antibiotics (for UTIs) that led me down this road to abysmal gut health & all its attendant problems, including sugar addiction.

COCONUT OIL!!!!