Page 1134 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 1346341034108411241132113311341135113611441184123416342134 ... LastLast
Results 11,331 to 11,340 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1134

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I like it. I'd use "interested in practicing evidence-based medicine" instead of "scientific research." Just because.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I like it. I'd use "interested in practicing evidence-based medicine" instead of "scientific research." Just because.
    Yeah, I read it over and changed it to "medical research". Your phrase would work equally well.

colleencoble is offline Senior Member
    LOVE your response to her! And you don't need her to order tests anyway. We can order them for ourselves online. So pffft!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LSSeeker View Post
    Here is my doctor's response. How about that?! Looks like she's firing me!

"Laura,

Thanks for the note. My recommendation remains the same, however, but it is certainly your choice as to whether or not you accept it. I will tell you, however, that I will not continue to order tests that are expensive, unnecessary, and will not change my recommendation for your plan of care. I just wanted you to be aware of that.

Best,

Dr. P"

So, how should I respond?
    I wouldn't bother responding. You will get nowhere with this bonehead. My wife and I have been going through the same thing. A doctor put my wife on statins a few years back because her HDL was 90 and had an (H) beside it. Her trigs were 100 and LDL was 110. We started asking questions to our doctors based on Dr. Kruse' blogs and just get blank stares. So far I've been told that Vit D is not important, and a level of 7ng/ml is of no matter. Synthroid is for life (proved that one wrong). And, there is no such test for O3:O6 ratios and even if there was it wouldn't mean anything. I can't even begin to imagine telling a doctor I thought I was Leptin Resistant! They'd be like, "Lepti, leptin, whaa?"

I don't know the answer, I have lost all faith in doctors. Maybe we should kidnap Dr. Kruse and keep him captive on an island somewhere in the tropics, we'll only feed him when he answers our pressing medical questions!

squigglywiggly is offline Senior Member
    I just tasted mackerel for the first time and it is great! Not horribly fishy like sardines! I love that it is high in Omega 3's and potassium etc. And it is cheap! I think this will become at least a twice a week thing for me now!

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I wouldn't bother responding. You will get nowhere with this bonehead.

I don't know the answer, I have lost all faith in doctors. Maybe we should kidnap Dr. Kruse and keep him captive on an island somewhere in the tropics, we'll only feed him when he answers our pressing medical questions!
    One answers because one wishes closure. Wrap it up, tie a ribbon around it, present it with a little bow, then walk out of the room. She will learn that she was not convincing in the slightest, but that anger did not motivate the decision to depart.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Also mention that you are disappointed that she is unwilling to be your partner in the management of your health care.
    Last edited by Adrianag; 12-01-2011 at 05:39 PM.

kristiashley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Also mention that you are disappointed that she is unwilling to be your partner in the management of your health care.
    +1. I love the response but would add that as well. It's a component of why you will be leaving her care. I find that her "I'm taking my toys and not playing with you anymore" response was pretty unprofessional, but typical. Heck, my OB tried to fire me at 39 weeks with my second child. As if that were legal.

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LSSeeker View Post
    Here is my doctor's response. How about that?! Looks like she's firing me!

"Laura,

Thanks for the note. My recommendation remains the same, however, but it is certainly your choice as to whether or not you accept it. I will tell you, however, that I will not continue to order tests that are expensive, unnecessary, and will not change my recommendation for your plan of care. I just wanted you to be aware of that.

Best,

Dr. P"

So, how should I respond?
    Why should you waste time for responding.
    But ask for a copy of everything that she have in your folder.

You have better statistical chance working with Osteopath.
    Definitely endos are waste of time.
    Because of dr Kruse it may be worth while to check neurosurgeons.

Post your Zip Code, someone may have a name that is worth recomending.
    Do not expect expertise,
    expect cooperation

Last edited by JanSz; 12-01-2011 at 06:08 PM.

nuttmegs17 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piano-doctor-lady View Post
    One answers because one wishes closure. Wrap it up, tie a ribbon around it, present it with a little bow, then walk out of the room. She will learn that she was not convincing in the slightest, but that anger did not motivate the decision to depart.
    I like that - that anger did not motivate the decision bc that would just undercut the importance of what you just presented her with and give her reason to discredit you. well done with the letter etc I think many of us will be stealing it which i hope is ok!