Page 111 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 11611011091101111121131211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 111

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    As a spine surgeon this is one of the reasons I advocate a low carb version of paleo. 90% of my patients have bad joints. All of it is mediated by leptin and carb overuse. Even starch can cause this so as one ages you need to be careful with how much you eat in my view. I know no one in this community wants to hear it but it is what I have found.
    Yes, I am pretty sure starch affects my joints. Have you got any links handy on starch consumption and joint issues? I've been looking into it lately but not found much online.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    Dr. Kruse, could you please comment on what you said about the leptin reset CURING PCOS? Someone I know said it is incurable. Do you mean that it just helps with the symptoms, or do you mean it is totally cured? And can you point me to some research about that? Thanks!
    Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
    Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
    So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
    Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
    Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

RSL
    I just posted my daily update here.

I posted the long gruesome details of my sleep last night at the above link. The short version is that I bought some new melatonin yesterday and took it to sleep last night, and it had me up most of the night with cramps, nausea and runs to the bathroom. I'm still suffering this morning, 12 hours after taking it.

Any other ideas for sleep, anyone?
    Last edited by RSL; 07-16-2011 at 06:57 AM.
    Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSL View Post
    Dr. Kruse, could you please comment on what you said about the leptin reset CURING PCOS? Someone I know said it is incurable. Do you mean that it just helps with the symptoms, or do you mean it is totally cured? And can you point me to some research about that? Thanks!
    Rachel, I posted this earlier but I'm posting this again for you.

As being someone with PCOS who has been SLOWLY curing it let me chime in. PCOS is primarily a hormonal disease and with leptin being the master hormone, it effects all the other hormones. As a woman gets fat, you can tell you have PCOS as most of your body fat lies in your stomach, your body can also pick up male characteristics(excess testosterone) which shows in chin hairs, cystic acnedark patches of skin in the back of neck, inside elbows, arm pits, back of knees, inner thighs. Also, you can pick up IR(insulin resistance). Some women also experience hair loss, ovarian cysts and have difficulty losing fat difficulty getting pregnant and also skin tags. By resetting your leptin, you are resetting all of your hormones to where they should be. Once your leptin is reset, it makes weight loss easier. To prove this, my physical symptoms of PCOS that you can see are fat in the stomach, dark patches, male pattern baldness; I bolded that one as people don't believe it but I do have it, sparse chin hairs, skin tags, cystic acne, and I am also IR. My stomach is not nearly as big as it used to be, I used to look perpetually pregnant. Dark patches are going, I have new hair growth, cystic acne is all but gone, I don't have any new skin tags. I still have the facial hair but I pluck those. Once I get to a doctor later this year, I should have bloodwork done to see if my IR is gone.
    Georgette

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Curing something implies that something was real in the first place. I'm not saying that PCOS or Hashi's or other things don't exist. We just don't always know that a diagnosis is what we think it is.

I like to question everything. Medicine rushes to conclusions all the time. A doc starts with symptoms and has to write down a conclusion in the form of a diagnosis. Once you get the diagnosis, it hard to shake. It changes how the doc sees you, and how you see yourself. Often the diagnosis is wrong, or doesn't tell the full story. Medicine is a lot more complicated than that.

RSL
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Rachel, I posted this earlier but I'm posting this again for you.

As being someone with PCOS who has been SLOWLY curing it let me chime in. PCOS is primarily a hormonal disease and with leptin being the master hormone, it effects all the other hormones. As a woman gets fat, you can tell you have PCOS as most of your body fat lies in your stomach, your body can also pick up male characteristics(excess testosterone) which shows in chin hairs, cystic acnedark patches of skin in the back of neck, inside elbows, arm pits, back of knees, inner thighs. Also, you can pick up IR(insulin resistance). Some women also experience hair loss, ovarian cysts and have difficulty losing fat difficulty getting pregnant and also skin tags. By resetting your leptin, you are resetting all of your hormones to where they should be. Once your leptin is reset, it makes weight loss easier. To prove this, my physical symptoms of PCOS that you can see are fat in the stomach, dark patches, male pattern baldness; I bolded that one as people don't believe it but I do have it, sparse chin hairs, skin tags, cystic acne, and I am also IR. My stomach is not nearly as big as it used to be, I used to look perpetually pregnant. Dark patches are going, I have new hair growth, cystic acne is all but gone, I don't have any new skin tags. I still have the facial hair but I pluck those. Once I get to a doctor later this year, I should have bloodwork done to see if my IR is gone.
    Thanks, Georgette! I thnk you are talking to me, although my name is not Rachel. I did see that you posted this earlier. I thought it was all good information, but I am also seeking Dr. Kruse's insight on it, because he is the one that said PCOC was curable and I wanted to know why he said that and where he got that information.

I thought that I had acknowledged your response before and thanked you. I'm sorry if it did not happen!
    Rebecca

Violette is offline Senior Member
    @DFH: I had to laugh remembering one dx. My DH is always joking. When his doc asked about alcohol, the DH laughed and said something like he tossed down a few every night. That fool MD wrote in his chart that he had and alcohol problem. It took a couple of years with a new doc to get that off his record!! It would keep turning up.

RSL
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    Curing something implies that something was real in the first place. I'm not saying that PCOS or Hashi's or other things don't exist. We just don't always know that a diagnosis is what we think it is.

I like to question everything. Medicine rushes to conclusions all the time. A doc starts with symptoms and has to write down a conclusion in the form of a diagnosis. Once you get the diagnosis, it hard to shake. It changes how the doc sees you, and how you see yourself. Often the diagnosis is wrong, or doesn't tell the full story. Medicine is a lot more complicated than that.
    Personally, I have never been diagnosed with PCOS, although I have several symptoms that Georgette mentioned. I have had ovarian cysts many times, and was hospitalized once for it. I also have cystic acne that is not always under control. With the way doctors love to pigeon-hole us, I'm surprised that I did not get that label at some point!
    Rebecca

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Personally, I have never been diagnosed with PCOS, although I have several symptoms that Georgette mentioned. I have had ovarian cysts many times, and was hospitalized once for it. I also have cystic acne that is not always under control. With the way doctors love to pigeon-hole us, I'm surprised that I did not get that label at some point!
    Sorry Rebecca, you look similar to my friend Rachel so that's why I said Rachel I think I'm more endometriosis than PCOS now but that's another story. There are a lot of docs out there that'll tell you that XYZ isn't curable but I believe anything is curable as long you believe it is. Also most docs in practice now just want to treat the symptoms not cure you so you have to research on your own to find out how to cure it. I learned long ago that most doctors are shit. I didn't say all, I said most. My experience has been that you have to convince doctors that there is something wrong with you. Its like telling them what's going on isn't enough. This is why its taken me over 20 years to get a diagnosis on PCOS and even longer to get one on possibly having endometriosis. I'm hoping this is the year I get the dx on endo.
    Georgette

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    It very curable. It's a disease of incongruent hormone balance due to poor energy utilization. Most think it's incurable because they have not a clue about leptin
    Last edited by DigitalSurgeon; 07-16-2011 at 03:22 PM.