Page 1101 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 1016011001105110911099110011011102110311111151120116012101 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,010 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1101

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by indigogirl View Post
    Thank you for your responses Colleen and RiverNeighbor.
    I will look into the B12.
    I have had excellent results with "methyl B-12" by Jarrow, which I buy at Vitacost. It is a sublingual lemon-flavored tablet. I use one under my tongue near bedtime almost every night.

I had a tremendous response the very first time I tried this -- I do have a very dark bedroom, which is also necessary. I slept like a log for over twelve hours, and woke up with a dry mouth because it was hanging open. I had that feeling, which had been so rare for years, of being ONE with the bed. It was like my sleep patterns had reverted back to those of a young person, though I was in my 60's. All I can guess is that I had been very low on melatonin for a long time, and low methyl B-12 had been the limiting factor.

After a few days the long heavy heavy sleep eased back to something more normal, but it definitely made a believer of me. I must have been totally exhausted.

I also found that another thing which adequate B-12 is important for, and which methyl B-12 helps a lot more than "cyanocobalamin", fine muscle coordination, definitely improved. My cello playing got a lot faster just from improved reflexes. For several weeks after starting methyl B-12, while playing quartets, I'd come up to a fast lick which I expected to somewhat muddle through, then look back in astonishment, realizing that I'd played every single note. After a few weeks I was used to it, so it stopped surprising me.

So, yes, methyl B-12 does work, at least for some people. Definitely for me.

indigogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Questions:
    Are you menstruating or postmenopausal?
    If postmenopausal what is the plan, to keep your P & E flat or variable?
    What was tested (serum, saliva, blood drop, urine)?
    What day of the month or cycle was sample taken?
    What is the name of lab doing the analysis?

Would you like to suggest checking pregnenolone and DHEAs?

Thanks for responding Jan. : )
    I'm post menopausal. She upped all my bioidentical hormones. Serum was tested. Will find out which lab. Will suggest checking pregnenolone and DHEA.
    Indigogirl

Quote Originally Posted by colleencoble View Post
    I'm on a stronger version that can't be put there now, indigo. The wrist is the very worst place to put them though. Try high on your arm on the inside and on your belly. I got terrible absorption on the wrist.
    Maybe that's why my levels were so lousy?
    I will switch to my belly and high inside my arm.
    Indigogirl

Dex, I have been taking 5,000 iu D3, will up it.

PianoDoctorLady, will lool into the B12 you suggested, thanks!
    Indigogirl

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I had that feeling, which had been so rare for years, of being ONE with the bed. It was like my sleep patterns had reverted back to those of a young person, though I was in my 60's. All I can guess is that I had been very low on melatonin for a long time, and low methyl B-12 had been the limiting factor.
    Oh, wow, *that* feeling. I just realized I haven't had it in ... years. I have lots and lots of signs of being low on B12, but my level was 790 in the spring. I took methyl B12 just in case anyway, to no effect. I know it works wonders for many and I was hoping it would be my missing factor, but 'twas not to be!

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Americans! I am indeed, very, very thankful for Dr. Kruse and the fruits of his work.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Vkiernan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Oh, wow, *that* feeling. I just realized I haven't had it in ... years. I have lots and lots of signs of being low on B12, but my level was 790 in the spring. I took methyl B12 just in case anyway, to no effect. I know it works wonders for many and I was hoping it would be my missing factor, but 'twas not to be!

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Americans! I am indeed, very, very thankful for Dr. Kruse and the fruits of his work.
    What are the bennies of b-12? Also, mamagrok are you feeling better now and why would taking betaine hcl help me not be constipated? I have been taking 2 with breakfast and lunch. I still wake up around 5 with that slight burn between the ribs though. Any thoughts on that?

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by indigogirl View Post
    Maybe that's why my levels were so lousy?
    I will switch to my belly and high inside my arm.
    My doctor suggested squeezing the cream out on the inside of one forearm, and then rubbing both forearms together. That way I don't have to get any on my hands at all, it all goes on my arms. And I absorb it well there.
    Last edited by Owl; 11-24-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Looks like there are some coupon codes at privatemedlabs that might save 10%. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    check this month's specials at Discount Online Blood Chemistry Tests & Results, Wellness & Anti Aging Direct Access Laboratory Testing

graciel is offline Junior Member
    Just a tidbit on B-12, if you are on Metformin for any length of time, it's good to check B-12 because in some people Metformin can drop their B-12 levels. Doesn't happen in everyone. I had mine checked last year and my levels were high.

wanderir is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkiernan View Post
    What are the bennies of b-12? Also, mamagrok are you feeling better now and why would taking betaine hcl help me not be constipated? I have been taking 2 with breakfast and lunch. I still wake up around 5 with that slight burn between the ribs though. Any thoughts on that?
    Have you tried Magnesium? I'm taking 800 mgs 2 hours before bedtime, it helps me get to sleep and makes the constipation go away. I'm regular for the first time in years. For whatever reason. I can only sleep for 6 hours at this point. My testosterone is low at the moment I just did this test per my doc: 24 hour urine, Hormone Profiling In theory this test will help the doc figure out what my issue is. I'm hoping that when my testosterone levels go back up that I'll be able to sleep a bit more.

They just did the largest study on sleeping in the last year. It turns out that most of us need 8 hour sleep. About 5% of the population is genetically predisposed to get 6 hours. Getting 6 hours sleep does not seem to give me brain fog or whatnot. Though when my testosterone is low I do get sleepy in the afternoon. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/ma...ep-t.html?_r=1