Page 11 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 11

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Make dinner for the family yourself - earlier!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

weird fish is offline Senior Member
    Ah, madre says if I help her make a week menu we can eat around 5. We'll see, she has this bad habit of saying she'll do things without ever changing but perhaps if I annoy her hard enough she will let me start preparing things earlier on.

I still have kind of a problem eating 3 meals. Since I first tried an IF regimen, I have ended my nighttime snacking and binging habits. It's just the inter-meal hours that I struggle with because it's like the eating valve is open. After dinner, I shut the valve off and that's that. But daytime is such a gray area and with a meal in between the first and last, snacking seems inevitable, especially since I live in a snack fortress.

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    What are you guys drinking.

Seems like i've read in the past that caffiene is not good for leptin res.
    I add a tea bag to a liter of water and drink it during the day, then more water. I make homemade chai and there is only one caff tea bag to 2 qts of tea. Not much but I'd like to know.....

It looks like dairy is okay. Any restrictions or just stay w/in the carb count.

When the doc says 'strict paleo', I think that means no dairy. But of course he includes it in his shake.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    I don't want to start another thread related to leptin, especially if this is addressed in an already existing one, but I'm wondering about leptin sensitivity MAINTENANCE. Has anyone seen this addressed and can you point me in that direction? Thanks in advance.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJenGo View Post
    I don't want to start another thread related to leptin, especially if this is addressed in an already existing one, but I'm wondering about leptin sensitivity MAINTENANCE. Has anyone seen this addressed and can you point me in that direction? Thanks in advance.
    Meh. I'm guessing an optimal paleo (or paleoish) diet would do the trick. That's the direction Dr. Kruse seems to have gone. I'm sure once he's done telling us *why* we're all f*cked up he'll maybe get around to telling us how to fix it (I swear I think the Oprah Solution in that one post was almost an accident on his part as he rarely has much if anything to say about solutions to the problems he enumerates). He does mention in the Oprah post that someone like Robb Wolf really has no need to do anything but what he's already doing.

*shrUg*

If it was my former diet/lifestyle that tanked my leptin sensitivity, I'm guessing once it's fixed it's mostly just a matter of not going back there.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Stay on a lower carb or primal diet, according to Kruse and Richards, though Richards allows for more fruit, and grains, which I will never do.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Week 1 results, which I will post to my blog tonight, but you guys are hearing it here first! LOL!

SW: 231.6
    Week 1: 222 (-9.6lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Measurements from 5/20 Measurements today 6/21
    Bust 45.5 44.5 (-1)
    R Arm 14.25 13.5 (-.75)
    Waist 40 39.5 (-.5)
    Belly 44 44.5 (+.5) <this may be cycle related
    Hips 47.5 47.5 (-2)
    Thigh 28.75 27.75 (-1)

Net inches lost 4.75

I eat very little in the way of fruit, I've had a small peach and a pint of blueberries in 7 days. I have 1-2 cups of coffee with heavy cream or coconut milk every morning. I drink unsweetened iced tea (something like pomegranate blueberry) on occasion, but mostly water. I've done very well in posting my meals and some pics on the blog if you would like to see exactly what I am eating. I was counting carbs and total protein for a few days, but once I got the hang of it, I've just been going with it. The 50g of protein in the morning is the only thing that I make sure of. I eat so little vegetables and fruit that I am not afraid of going over 50g in a day. I am not currently exercising. I may do some walking and yoga in the next couple of weeks. I am looking forward to adding in weight training, but I am still a bit fatigued so I want to wait.

1 week down, 7 to go. I am enjoying being a scientist but of course that is because I am getting the results I want. My mother asked me how I will change after the end (she wants me to go eat some grains as a "treat" I think). My answer was I wll eat a little less protein in the morning and be more liberal with the fruits and veggies.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    ML says moderate low carb and exercise, dr Kruse is more LC/Primal. ML seems to still carry some CW baggage. One of the authors is a Nutritionalist that just did a lot of reading on Leptin.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    SW: 231.6
    Week 1: 222 (-9.6lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    [clapping] wow, way to go!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

nocturnalmama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    wow! I'm sure this is somewhere in this thread... or another. But, I just quickly wanted to ask how you KNEW you were leptin resistant?

I don't think I am... but I definitely have a little bit of very stubborn body fat that won't shift after 2 years primal. (Its literally 10 lbs). I'm just wondering if you can answer all the questions with a yes - (the ones you have to answer with yes before exercising) does that mean your leptin signalling is working properly?
    Robin
    ~primal mama to 3~