Page 1001 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 501901951991999100010011002100310111051110115012001 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,010 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1001

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How do you do the testing at Labcorp without a physical ordering it?
    Place the order and pay online through https://www.directlabs.com/

You will get a printed requisition that you then take to any LabCorp location to have testing done.

Freshveggies is offline Senior Member
    Dr. K - is there any hope for someone who has OCPD? Is it tied to Leptin?

graciel is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiken3712 View Post
    I just bought a Blood Glucose Meter and before I got it I was asking questions about the meters and strips and they tested me once and got 178...found out the strips were outdated and tested me again and got 145. This was about 2 hours after I ate the leaky gut concoction. Is this way above the expected spike for something like that?

Just not sure if I should eat it with that spike...my fasting glucose in a recent test was 104 so even the low test of 145 is 41 higher. I didn't have anything extra just the cacao, cinnamon, coconut oil, tumeric, black pepper, maca powder, yogurt, and cumin. Its hard to know what kind of amounts I should expect with things and whether I should eat or not eat because of the numbers. It was not a snack it was a second meal of the day so I guess that makes it fine.

Just wondering if that much of a spike 2 hours or so after eating is bad. It was 6:40 or so and I ate around 3:40...so more like close to 3 hours later. Perhaps my fasting level is higher because of cheating? I did eat some cereal yesterday..I need to stop that..just still giving in to sugar cravings from time to time I guess.

Thanks for any comments all appreciated very much
    I loaded that recipe into Fitday when Dex posted it. It's way too carby for me right now. It's 25 grams of carb and only ten of that is fiber. So 15 grams of available carbs. Could be that's where your spike came from.

colleencoble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMommyN View Post
    Ah, thanks. Was afraid of that. So that means my levels might be lower - and they seem low already, but not sure. Can you comment on optimal levels since you've dealt a lot with managing your own hormones? If I was in the Follicular phase (as I'm assuming my doc was assuming since he did not say they were abnormal), what would be optimal levels?
    Does HCG INCREASE cholesterol? I would guess this since you are releasing fat. Yes, I was happy with my cholesterol number as it was above 100 for the first time as it is chronically low - which is not good since cholesterol is needed to make pregnenolone, the mother hormone (see I'm learning, Dr. K.), but maybe that was artificial. I was hoping it was my coconut oil use. I think I already bragged about these numbers, but they were under HCG's influence as well:

Total cholesterol: 138 (100-199)
    Triglycerides: 23 (0-149)
    HDL: 92 (>39)
    VLDL: 5 (5-40)
    LDL: 41 (0-99)
    Ratio Total/HDL: 1.5
    Esitmated CHD risk: <0.5
    The bad thing is that you really can't assume anything about when your period was. Most doctors know very little about what good hormones levels should be. But yes, HCG is known to raise cholesterol levels because of releasing fat. Mine has gotten more normal since losing 75 pounds. It used to be a TOTAL of 110. Now it's 160 which is better. My pregnenolone steal is over now too which is good.

My dr likes my DHEA on the high side so I shoot for about 200. i would definitely want my progesterone higher than yours is no matter what phase I was in. I'm post menopause since I had my last ovary plus uterus out at 23 so we just shoot for a higher number. Mine usually runs around 19. I like my estrogens higher too. I'd get those tests run a few weeks after hcg again. It's never a good idea to get them while on the protocol.

Freshveggies is offline Senior Member
    Dr. K - can you give me some insight into Heberdens nodes. Causes and how to reverse it. I have a family member who has it and has a bump on her finger. Would you suggest surgery or does the body re-absorb it?

SUEVILLE is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshveggies View Post
    Dr. K - can you give me some insight into Heberdens nodes. Causes and how to reverse it. I have a family member who has it and has a bump on her finger. Would you suggest surgery or does the body re-absorb it?
    Curious about this too as I have developed them on several fingers.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    an ounce of meat has about 7 gr protein, so 7 oz.
    awesome that is so much more doable. feeling alot better today. had to go swimming in the bikini and it is noticeable, even after this short time, how much fat has dropped off. yay! i slept pretty well last night too. interesting tidbit, i got stuck out yet again all day. i went to the gas station at lunch. had to settle for a coffee and some hard cheese with zero carbs in it. i happened to read the label on a protein bar as i was desperate having not had a BAB. it has 28g of carbs in one protein bar!!! along with things like soy protein isolate and canola oil. ugh.

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    awesome that is so much more doable. feeling alot better today. had to go swimming in the bikini and it is noticeable, even after this short time, how much fat has dropped off. yay! i slept pretty well last night too. interesting tidbit, i got stuck out yet again all day. i went to the gas station at lunch. had to settle for a coffee and some hard cheese with zero carbs in it. i happened to read the label on a protein bar as i was desperate having not had a BAB. it has 28g of carbs in one protein bar!!! along with things like soy protein isolate and canola oil. ugh.
    When you get those cravings, drink a lot of water...preferable cold water...and the desperation cravings will pass. And it is a good reminder for all of us to read labels if you contemplate buying anything that is wrapped or boxed.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    for the first time i actually now read the nutritional information as well as the ingredients. i tend to avoid things which have ingredients i cant pronounce anyways. if you really really do have to eat and you can find a supermarket, you can usually get something. even if it is a just piece of parmesan, an avocado, a piece of salami, a raw steak lol good party trick or a handful of nuts. the jerky i saw in the gas station btw had sugar in so was high carb too. i think the trick is to practise this a few times so you dont get caught out and eat something you will regret later.

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshveggies View Post
    Heberden's nodes, named after William Heberden who discovered the nodes, are a classic sign of hand osteoarthritis (the third most commonly affected joint following osteoarthritis of the knee and hip). Heberden's nodes are bony enlargements of the joint closest to the fingertip -- also known as the DIP joint or distal interphalangeal joint.
    http://osteoarthritis.about.com/od/h...dens_nodes.htm

We know that arthritis is inflammed by neolithic foods. I don't see why this form of osteoarthritis would not respond to the paleo/primal/ketogenic eating lifestyle that is called for by the Leptin RX. Surgery is not a solution to a demineralization of bone mass. Cut the sugar and wheat that caused the problem and supplement with K2 MK4 and Vit D3 to move calcium into the bones correctly.

Read Dr Kruse's Osteoarthritis posting:
    http://jackkruse.com/osteoporosis-part-one/
    Last edited by Dextery; 11-01-2011 at 10:23 PM.