Thread: Grass-fed dairy and Pastured eggs in WA (Snohomish County)? page

GrainsRLame is offline Junior Member

Grass-fed dairy and Pastured eggs in WA (Snohomish County)?

Primal Fuel
    I live in Mill Creek, WA, about 30 mi NE of Seattle, and have recently committed myself to primal/paleo lifestyle. I've got my local grass-fed beef lined up (Cascade Range Beef in Monroe), my local organic produce delivery (Full Circle Farms in Carnation), but I have yet to find a good source for local (or even non-local) grass-fed butter/yogurt or pastured eggs. Any tips from other WA folks? I'd prefer a delivery or someplace relatively close by as I'm trying to cut back on my driving.

HerGrokiness is offline Junior Member
    I live not far from Tacoma, and recently discovered Marlene’s market (they also have on in Federal Way). They carry raw milk cream (both grass fed). Try calling them and see if they know. In health food industry folks know each other. 253) 472-4080

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

mobettabody is offline Member
    I buy my eggs from Kelso custom meats in Snohomish, they come from Red Rooster Ranch - Pastured Happy Hens. They don't seem to have a website but I bet you could call them to find out if they have an outlet in Mill Creek. Their number is 360-691-4274.

I get my Kerry Gold butter from Trader Joe's.

With the Cascade Range Beef, do you have to buy a large portion, like a side or a quarter?

GrainsRLame is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mobettabody View Post
    With the Cascade Range Beef, do you have to buy a large portion, like a side or a quarter?
    Yes you do. I bought a 1/2, and incidentally Kelso's is the butcher where I'll be picking it up so I'll be sure to pick up some eggs. Thanks!

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    +1 for the Raw Milk at Marlene's. They almost always have it in stock. From that you can make your own butter and yogurt if you were so inclined. Or for a non-local source for butter, stick with Kerrygold, it's wonderful! Top Foods carries it as well. For pastured eggs, you should be able to hit any Farmer's Market and find someone with eggs there. I've started getting mine from Lucky Pig Farm out of Tenino. They are at both the South Tacoma market and the Steilacoom market (for those in the area). They also have neighborhood delivery sites in the Winter. Great, family run small farm. They will even let you come out and work on the farm. For anybody in Puyallup, you can get eggs at Terry's Berries on River Road. The chickens might even meet you at the Farm Store door!

Daylingrace is offline Junior Member

Poultry?

Does anyone know a local source of organic poultry meat and eggs? Close to Snohomish?

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    You're only 8 miles from Everett, why not check out the food co-op there? Email them and ask the customer service desk what they have.

Sno-Isle Natural Foods Co-Op
    2804 Grand Avenue, Everett, Washington
    Organic Produce Co op, Natural Food Cooperative | Sno-Isle Natural Foods Co-op Everett WA