Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Lift Heavy Things (BW) program do you follow? page

primalrob is offline Senior Member

What Lift Heavy Things (BW) program do you follow?

i'm looking for a variety of weight training programs that i can do with body weight, a pull up bar, sandbag and maybe some small weights that i can throw in the corner when not in use. i really like doing PBF, but i want a little more variety. i want to roll a die on lifting days and follow whatever program i land on for that day.

i've got three so far (all fairly similar)...so i'm looking for at least three more:

1. Primal Blueprint Fitness
    2. Simple Fit
    3. Deck of cards (Ace=push ups, clubs=pull ups, diamonds=squats, spades=?)

recommendations?

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    I do convict conditioning and love it.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I was doing a version of Leangains workout that I was able to piece together based on Martin's various posts. However, I recently purchased Visual Impact, by Rusty Moore. I have heard good things about it for some time. So, I am using it for my weight training regimen. So far, I like it, but haven't been at it long enough to fully evaluate the program. I plan on going through all 3 phases over the next six months.

I also do sprints on a treadmill twice per week and daily walks of 3-5 miles.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    JUST started a post on this! BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv is an awesome addition to PBF, simplefit, Al Kavadlo's stuff, etc. I too like to keep things varied and what rocks about bodyrock.tv is that she puts up new bodyweight (sometimes w/ sandbags) workouts often (almost daily I think!) Pretty sweet. Lots of interval stuff/HIIT and fits perfectly w/ the other 'primal' kinds of workout stuff. I get bored quickly, and am just loving this as the workouts are ALWAYS different.

Convict conditioning seems awesome to me too--just don't have the money for that atm...
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Spades--overhead press or handstands??
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    The Daily Fitness Solution Blog may give you some workouts.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Building the Gymnastic Body (Sommer). Check out GymnasticBodies.com • Index page
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

robbie1512 is offline Member
    It seems like you have the bodyweight side of things covered, but Grok would have need to manipulate things other than himself! I would put my vote towards some sort of high-intensity, low rep workout using awkward objects like rocks, sandbags, tyres etc. Also, if you have access, one of the best workouts I have had was after a recent cyclone when one of our trees was damaged. I decided I was going to remove it, so over 2 and a half days (we had no power and I was bored) I chopped down the tree, chopped out the roots, removed the stump, then proceeded to throw it around the yard and do some squats etc. Another thing I'm planning to try soon is drive down to a park or vacant land with some friends and push my car around for a day haha. I think of it as if Grok managed to down a large bull or bear and decided he wanted to take it back to camp

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Hate to be a party pooper, but wouldn't it be better to put together a structured program to actually target your weak areas and build on strengths, with some measurable outcomes to aid in motivation? If you know all of those programs, surely you can put together a 3 or 4 x week program on your own - a few bad rolls of the dice and you'd wind up neglecting stuff or overworking other stuff.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Perfect timing - I've just released the Sandbag Fitness Training Manual. A 68 page training guide that includes an 8 week training programme. And I'm currently offering it for free.

Sandbag Fitness: Free Ebook

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast