Thread: Sobe Lifewater page

metalsporks is offline Senior Member

Sobe Lifewater

Primal Fuel
    I know that Lifewater and other "diet drinks" are not good for you. I was mostly wondering if anyone used the lifewater type beverage as an in between for switching BACK to water. I've been a long standing soda drinker for so long I'm surprised I don't have carbonated sweat. But in transitioning to primal I am finding kombucha cures the urge for carbonation (should I crave it, of course) but that I just can't seem to drink a ton of water. I'm currently trying to drink more lifewater type beverages to facilitate the switch (hooked on sugar and working my own steps to get rid of the addiction) and will eventually get a giant glass jar to fill with sun tea or infused water (lemon and cucumber water is awesome) and am hoping that if it is out in a jar it'll help me parent my inner child to like it again.

Anyone else switch slowly like this? Any tips on giving up the sugary drink addiction that isn't cold turkey (I'm not one who does well with the cold turkey)?

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    I've never been a big soda drinker, but I love my tea a with a couple teaspoons of sugar in it. When I've thought about quitting sugar in the past, I don't worry much about the candy, it's the tea that I didn't want to give up.

I also love the lifewater drinks. I started by limiting myself to two glasses a day (of tea) or 1 lifewater per day. Then, put in less sugar to my tea. I don't mind my tea unsweetened now. I still make ice tea, but I go with an unsweetened blackberry or chai tea. I also drink more water when I put ice in it. I do a slice of lemon once in a while. I really like it first thing in the morning.

I'm at the point where I can drink water all day long and not think about a sweet drink, but it was very gradual.

Maybe start by dividing your life water into 4ths & spreading it out during the day, but making yourself drink water in between.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    These are good too.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    hmm.. I'll look into that, DFH. I've lately kept my non-water consumption to coffee (as small a cup as possible); tea, and coconut water/juice/milk.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Those (lifewaters) are just flavored sugar-water enriched with b-vitamins. I only drink unsweetened green tea (although, adding berries sounds great), water, or coconut milk.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    My partner is also weaning off the sweet tooth. His strategy is to buy good quality organic 100% fruit juices and cut them with water (tap or sparkling). He went from mostly juice with a bit of water to now having mostly water with a bit of juice. You might find that works for you because you can shift the ratio gradually, whereas a premade drink comes at a standard sweetness.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I like seltzer water with a splash of fruit juice and a lime. Cranberry, pomegranate, or grape are my favorites. I don't drink them often, but when I am in the mood for something fizzy they really taste great.

Toefuzz is offline Member
    My wife says I'm an odd person b/c I just quit my 5 - 10 can a day Pepsi and Mountain Dew habit cold turkey. Of course I also went off dextroamphetamines and paxil the same way so she's probably right. Wish I had more to offer... I just jumped from soda to water and haven't had a caffeinated beverage in probably 6 weeks (actually dropped the soda a month before I went Primal).

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    soda free, myself. It does make a world of difference.