Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pizza addict page

geostump is offline Senior Member

Pizza addict

Hi, my name is Georgette and I have a pizza addiction. Yes I said it. I have a pizza addicition and need something to help me break this addiction. Having a spouse and kids that aren't willing to give up pizza, makes it more difficult for me to give it up. I have told them officially that if they want regular old pizza, they must leave the house to partake in said item. I have to give it up but need assistance breaking this. Any ideas using oven/grill/crockpot for ideas on helping me to break the addiction is helpful.
    Georgette

ELDuran is offline Member
    Why not, use "The Primal Pizza" and not give it up?

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I have tried LOTS of different crusts (cauliflower, almond flour, coconut/flax, egg) and none of them really satisfied my pizza cravings.

However, health-bent made a recipe for a hot-pizza salad, which is essentially the toppings heated/cooked (I think they stir fried and I like to roast mine on a sheet like they would on top of a pizza) and topped with a pizza sauce/olive oil dressing. They don't do dairy, but you could easily put mozzarella on it. I'm telling you, this has far and away satisfied my every pizza craving and CW eaters always drool when I eat it in the office. I usually do bell peppers, mushrooms, tomato, and pepperoni

If you really do need the crust, stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com did a comparison of way more crusts than I've tried, so you might want to check that out. Her favorite was a combination of the coconutflour/flax and the cauliflower. I haven't tried it, but it might be worth a try.

Finally, someone here posted about the Chebe bread mixes, one of which is specifically for a pizza crust, and I think posted a good resonse to it. The ingredients are all primal, though a little starchy. The basic recipe is actually a type of rolls brazillions enjoy, regardless of diet, so that gives me hope. I'm trying the rolls this weekend for Father's day.

I hope one of these suggestions helps!

Oooops just realized you're a senior member, which means you probably already know about the Primal Pizza and you just want to give up the addiction. Hmm Can't help you there. ha!

Quote Originally Posted by ELDuran View Post
    Why not, use "The Primal Pizza" and not give it up?
    Are you talking meatza or any of the other alternatives? I've tried them and I like them and the fam just doesn't seem to like them. I've even tried just eating the toppings off of regular pizza but that just kills me. I'm the type of person that could inhale a large pizza without even thinking about it.
    Georgette

Well this is the one I meant:

Primal Blueprint Recipe: Perfect Primal Pizza | Mark's Daily Apple

I haven't tried it myself but I will soon. I'm guessing you already tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by ELDuran View Post
    Well this is the one I meant:

Primal Blueprint Recipe: Perfect Primal Pizza | Mark's Daily Apple

I haven't tried it myself but I will soon. I'm guessing you already tried it?
    Is that with coconut flour? I can't view the video. I don't care for coconut flour much at all.
    Georgette

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Are you talking meatza or any of the other alternatives? I've tried them and I like them and the fam just doesn't seem to like them. I've even tried just eating the toppings off of regular pizza but that just kills me. I'm the type of person that could inhale a large pizza without even thinking about it.
    Oh bummer, that's what I was going to suggest... eating the toppings off the pizza, then having a big salad or something on the side to keep from eating the whole pizza. This only works for me when we order good pizza with a lot of cheese (deep dish or Chicago thin style), otherwise it is very unsatisfying.

But if it doesn't work for you, I'll have to keep thinking....

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Is that with coconut flour? I can't view the video. I don't care for coconut flour much at all.
    Oh yeah it uses Coconut Flour. There is one more Pizza crust that uses Almond Meal and Eggplant. Have you tried that one?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast