Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get your relationships in order page

Marie Guest

Primal Fuel

Guess what, being primal won't save you from heartache. (yeah, I know you know) Illness can beset even the healthiest of us. My father was strong and fit... then severe pancreatitis (caused as a rare side effect from an ERCP scoping procedure) killed him in three weeks.

Things were strained a bit this past year, but I always figured we'd have a good talk... but we never did. I am devastated.

So... do your sprints, move a lot, take your fish oil... or whatever... but put "mending/keeping/prioritizing relationships" at the top of your list.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

So sorry to hear of your loss, that is so sudden. It's always good to be reminded to keep your relationships healthy as well, thank you.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Catalina is offline Member

Oh, I'm so sorry, Marie. And thanks for the reminder. No matter how much we all "know" this, we forget so easily.

Acmebike is offline Member

Positive thoughts sent your way, Marie! I am with my folks and brother's family this Tgiving and WILL NOT forget the impact of what you just shared. So sorry, but you did make me have a wake up. Thank you.

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

So sorry, Marie.

This is quite timely, as I'm going through some issues with a family member right now.

How to unravel the knots...

Thank you for your reminder.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

So sorry for your loss, Marie. Both of my parents have passed, and there's so much I wish I'd shared with them...

Griff is offline Senior Member

Oh, Marie. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through; my father died of cancer in January of this year and he was only 63. I always thought we'd have more time too. I miss him dreadfully.

I'm sorry to hear things were strained between the two of you when he passed. That has to hurt even worse. I can't imagine that.

My best to you.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Baglady is offline Junior Member

Marie, you have my deepest sympathy. I will say a special prayer for you.

I too had an experience this past summer that hit me so profoundly that I have been making those contacts with people from my past and letting them know I love them. I had a dear friend from 30 years ago whom I hadn't seen in 20 years, diagnosed with lung cancer in June. I made a long journey (over 1000 miles) on my mororcycle to attend a fund raiser for him and see him in August. It was a very short visit but straight to the point. A huge hug, a kiss and an I Love You, nothing else need to be said. We got home and 20 days after our visit he passed. How grateful I was to have had that hug & kiss! Now I tell my family and friends often how I feel.

Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

Marie Guest

Thank you all... and I am sorry for your losses as well.

My only consolation is that I was able to spend nearly every day with him in the hospital, and the last thing I did for him while he was conscious was rub his feet, and the last thing I said to him was "I love you." By the next morning when I came back, he was sedated and on a ventilator. He never regained consciousness.

I am in shock and my heart is broken. Who the heck dies from a scoping procedure???!!!

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I'm sorry too Marie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast