Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal in a non primal world? page

Niklas Guest

Primal Fuel

I'm in my room listening to ethnic tribal music.

Lately I have been craving this kind of music a lot, it helps me to relax and to look inside myself.

I have been reading of this 40 year old guy, overweight, sick, living a meaningless rat-race life and surrounded by idiots whole only interest in life is football and beer, who suddenly got tired of all this nonsense and got lean and healthy. What I'd like to ask him is what he's doing with hiw new found health and courage to react, now that his old life feels certainly too narrow.

You see, the more I get healthier, the more I realize what our mind and creativity can really do, the more I get in tune with my body and a more wild-spiritual side (not talking about religion) of myself, the more I get sick of the banal existence people around me accept as the "normality" and would like me to accept as the normality as well.

Really I can't stand this nonsense anymore: I can't stand waking up and listening the news just to find out what other retarded things our politicians have done, I can't stand trying to communicate with others just to find out that the only thing they want to talk about is fashion; reality shows; television; gossip or talk behind the back of others, I can't stand how our society is becoming more and more traditionalist (bad narrow minded traditionalism, I know even primitive tribes have their traditions) the more global it becomes and I can't stand how people around me can call their nonsense existence of waking up; doing something unexciting the whole day; watching TV all night and going to bed waiting for the same nonsense to repeat itself the next day... living. It's not. Not even an animal would accept such obscenity, they know better and rebel or let themselves starve when they feel themselves entrapped, caged and without hope for something better.

I'm just realizing that modern society for the most part is nothing but a bunch of human animals in captivity and they are trading their insight, smartness, instincts, fredoom and dreams for the illusion of being protected and well served by a stupid government. People are becoming like hamsters, mindlessly spinning their wheels leading nowhere.

The point is when what do you do, when you wake up, when you realize you're an hamster and your wheel is fixed firmly in place and your effort is useless, when you realize you're in a cage and suddenly want more?

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

When you take the red pill, there's no going back

Prioritize: What's most important to you to change in your life, right now?

Focus: What things most stand in the way of your achieving your goals?

Finally, this quote from Greg Swann seems appropriate:

"Freedom is not freedom from the state. Freedom is not freedom from other people, from your neighbors, your boss, your pushy relatives. Freedom is freedom inside your own mind, freedom from the torture and imprisonment of your ego in Room 101, the dungeon of the psyche. If you are free in your mind, you can find a way to liberate yourself from your pushy relations and your snoopy neighbors. If you are free in your mind, you can work by whatever means seem best toward liberation from the state. But if you are enslaved by lies or shame or humiliation or doubt or fear, you cannot be free no matter what your external circumstances."

bobbylight Guest

Looks like Grok found some mushrooms in the forest....

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

@niklas

you hit a chord for me right there. my thoughts and feelings exactly.

at least i get to do what i like for work, but lately ive found myself thinking along the same lines...

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member

Niklas, welcome to my world! LOL

It sucks sometimes, feeling like you're the only sane person in your world. You look at the people around you, who walk around completely ignorant. They're totally absorbed in the latest video game, who won "The Biggest Loser" and are devastated that Oprah is quitting her show. Sometimes I wonder if that ignorance really is bliss. How easy life would be if that's all I cared about.

Kudos in your choice of music, by the way. I'm a huge fan of tribal music- drumming especially. I don't know your religious perspective, but as a Pagan I find drumming to be wonderfully soothing. "It's like the woman's heartbeat soothing her child in the womb." That's the way a friend, and fellow Pagan, put it to me when I mentioned to her how I could feel the drumming deep inside.

For some of us, reconnecting with "the old ways" and being Primal isn't just a diet, exercise or lifestyle program. For some of us it's spiritual too.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this ramble. *sigh* I'm sort of in a funk right now too. I'm up early, getting ready to express my Grok-ness and go hunting, only to come back to the mundane existence of the rat race tonight. I do not want to work tonight.

bobbylight Guest

Diana, I am somewhat curious as to what you mean by pagan? I was under the impression that it was kind of like a blanket statement for polytheism. Is it an ancient form of polytheism?

bobbylight Guest

And also I often feel that people do not have their priorities straight in this world. People need to lighten up and realize that there is more to life than the BS most worry about. My realizations have mostly come from experimentation (abuse would actually be a better word to use) of psychedelic though. There is no doubt that grok would eat some mushrooms he found in the forest, and at one time or another, they might be the magic kind.

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member

I'm with you guys 100%! I've been having those same thoughts for the last 2 years or so, but I still haven't been able to figure out how to make a meaningful change in my life. I've explored a few options, but I haven't yet found any "realistic" solutions. Growing up in this society makes it much harder to break-out, you have to be willing to give up all the "perceived" benefits, any friends, most likely your family.

I can say one thing, being able to experience something different can really help you to focus on attaining that difference for yourself. Otherwise you're just reaching for a nebulous concept. For example, I lived in South America for 6 months 2 years ago, and that's when I really "learned" (first hand) that almost the entire American culture is based on two things - buying stuff and judging others based on the stuff they own. And it suddenly became easy for me to just stop partaking of that since I saw how other people (cultures) were so perfectly happy doing things like spending time with friends and family instead. Unfortunately, that WAS 2 years ago, and being back for those 2 years has started to "erode" what I learned... I feel myself getting sucked back into materialism every now and then. It's so hard to fight ALL the time.

Well, like Diana, I too now feel that I'm rambling...

Just wanted to say "Me too!"

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Damn! (Sirens blaring.) Niklas glimpsed The Matrix! Re-innoculate! Re-innoculate! (Using massive doses of TV and Madison Avenue.)

Neo(how appropriate)Paleo has it exactly right. Today, Black Friday, is a huge pimple of a symptom of what is wrong with our society. I opted out of Christmas over 30 years ago and have never regretted it.

Here is my standard: "The intellectually inferior discuss people, the average discuss events, the superior discuss ideas."

Niklas, welcome to The Cynics Club.

Catalina is offline Member

PrimalCon New York

OTB: "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up." Lily Tomlin

Niklas, keep exploring and questioning. . .you'll find that as you evolve, you will encounter like minds and spirits (like the ones on this forum!). There may be some growing pains, but it's worth it. The world needs more people who are awake, not stupefied.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast