Thread: Hungry page

Griffin is offline Senior Member

Hungry

Primal Fuel
    Hi All!

Please bear with me but I am just, just starting off on this adventure. I have the BP on order as well as Robb Wolf's The Paleo Solution.

My wife and I are working on this together but are really at the point where we're finishing off the last of the junk in the house and easing into the process. We were talking tonight and I told her I always feel hungry. I'm eating a lot of vegetables and fruits and meat as well and we're cutting out our carbs.

Any suggestions? From what I have read here online, I'm guessing we need to more fat. What are some good sources of the good fats?

Thank you!

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    If you're not counting calories, a handful of nuts. Have you tried a protein shake? I am very active and always hungry but a shake with a scoop of whey protein staves off hunger for a long time.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Go easy on the fruit. Make sure to get LOTS of fat - butter, fatty meat, coconut oil, avocados, whole dairy (if you do it), olive oil. But make sure some of it is saturated.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    This seems to happy very frequently when people start. Just eat what you need to in order to not be hungry with a focus on meats, fats, and veggies. I am about nine months in and find my appetite naturally cycles - a week or two (or three sometimes!) where I am eating like crazy and then a phase where I have no appetite. It all balances out in the end.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    A bag of raw, creamy pecans will fill you up sooo fast!

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Any suggestions? From what I have read here online, I'm guessing we need to more fat. What are some good sources of the good fats?
    Thank you!
    Fatty cuts of meat.
    The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D. Tips & tricks for starting (or restarting) low-carb Pt I
    The Science Behind The “Low Carb Flu”, and How To Regain Your Metabolic Flexibility - GNOLLS.ORG

onalark is offline Senior Member
    I was just writing about this today. When I first started paleo/primal, I'd eat a steak the size of my head, and still feel hungry. This wasn't true hunger, though; if I wanted to take a guess, I would say it was my body's carb craving making itself known.

The feeling eventually went away. Reminding myself that I'd just eaten roughly 800 calories and 30+ grams of protein and there was NO WAY I was actually hungry helped. I'd say it was 2-3 weeks before I stopped feeling like I needed bread/potatoes/rice with dinner to "round it out".

I limit myself to 5 almonds when I feel hungry. 5 doesn't look like a lot, but it does the trick at around 3-4 PM if lunch was skimpy on the protein. It carries me long enough to have dinner on the table by 7-ish.

jamespeter1121 is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the update...

Need help in your PC and Laptop..we are also…
    Engaged in providing services of computer services that includes annual maintenance contracts, implementation network design services data recovery services, onsite backup services and network design services.
    Computer answers offers you the best professional services in online computer repair. It is a time-saving and cost-effective resource for home computer repair.