Thread: Shakes

Shakes

Shop Now
    I'm really stretching to find breakfast ideas that are fast and filling. Somewhat sensitive to eggs and fish and there's just so much meat I can eat in the AM. I've seen a few posts with people mentioning shakes - usually with coconut products. Does anyone have good shake recipes to share that don't involve commercial protein powders?

Thanks

Protein powders can be added to any shake, or left out... They're just a supplement, they don't actually add to the flavor. So really you could take any shake recipe and leave out the protein powder if you want. I like the protein powder because I am not great at getting enough protein through other foods.

I like any combination of coconut milk or almond milk (coconut will give a thicker consistency) and frozen fruit... Especially mixed berries. I also really like about 6oz almond milk with a tablespoon or two of almond butter and a tiny bit of vanilla extract. That's the shake I usually throw my protein powder into. I prefer simple shakes because I'm always out the door to go somewhere. It's hard to go wrong with a shake as long as you like the flavors already! The ratio should be about 1/3 solids (fruit, berries) to 2/3 liquids in order to get a good consistency but it's kind of fun to experiment.

Shop Now
    Thanks Secret

A few questions if I may:
    Is there a concern that a shake like that is too carb-y (especially if you leave out the protein powder)? I tried one coconut milk from So Delicious b/c is was recommended in everyday paleo - I really didn't like it! And I love coconut! Not sure if I bought the wrong thing, or what. Is there a brand you prefer? I've heard people mention canned coconut milk. Also, does this keep you full for a while?

much appreciation!