Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you have for Thanksgiving? page

ega2081 Guest

Shop Now

I'll start...I had two chicken breasts, pees, green bean casserole, mushrooms, brussell sprouts, ham, chicken gravy, two cups of coffee, and a small amount of dark chocolate!

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

Dark meat turkey, sirloin, homemade venison salami and a few small pieces of Havarti cheese. Made sweet potatoes w/butter and heavy cream for everyone else which were warmly received, and my gravy came out perfect despite the lack of taste testing

bobbylight Guest

Chinese buffet (mandarin in canada if anyone knows about it)...I am an American stranded in Canada right now, it is like a ghost holiday up here unfortunately.

All you can eat Chinese isn't traditional thanksgiving food, but it is damn delicious.

Vick is offline Senior Member

Bobbylight be thankful you are an American stranded in Canada. Up here we provide access to ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, CNBC, etc. YOU aren't that far away from home.

My son is a Canadian stranded in the United States. Access to CBC and CTV is denied.

As for being a ghost holiday... Canadian Thanksgivings date back long before yours in the U.S. We celebrated in October. I'm sure you enjoyed the Monday without classes at Mac.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Lol no Thanksgiving here... mom's working and I'm alone at home, but here's what I had (it was delicious, nonetheless):

Kale and Broccoli with Olive Oil

Some Turkey Breast I bought from a restaurant nearby

Pumpkin Puree with Butter

Blueberries (hey, closest thing to cranberries I had, lol)

Milk

For dessert I made these dark chocolate pancakes, something I've been thinking of doing for a long time... It was basically just eggs and cream cooked into pancakes in CO, and sprinkled lots of dark chocolate and stevia on top, then I closed them.

And finished it off with some coffee.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Katt is offline Senior Member

Roast chicken, steamed broccoli w/butter and a wedge of avocado. Finished off with tea cut with cream.

I finally learned how to brine. So the brine for the chicken consisted of salt, honey, pepper and fresh sprigs of rosemary.

The chicken cooked for several hours at a lower temperature and I draped bacon over the top while it cooked, until the last half hour. The bacon disappeared very quickly after I removed it from the bird.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

gdavis Guest

EVERYTHING IN FRONT OF ME!!! I have been eating 90% clean so I went for it...mac n cheese, green been casserole, bread, stuffing, turkey w/ gravy and two pieces of peanut butter pie!! It was off the chart delish for a day anyway!

bobbylight Guest

Vick, I have been up here for a few years and celebrated thanksgiving in October. I do celebrate with my aunts, uncles, and cousins, but not my brother, sister, or parents. And then in november, they are all celebrating, but I always have a ton of school work to do and classes. I always feel like Canadian thanksgiving isn&#39;t the real thanksgiving just because most of my friends and family aren&#39;t celebrating it at the same time.

Anyway, I don&#39;t know why anyone would want CTV and CBC anyway to be honest . The only good thing about Canadian TV is the fact that a lot of it is uncensored even on basic cable...something that definitely is not the case in America.

Anyway, a bit off topic, but there are a bunch of things I really like about america. I would say one of them is netflix, and if you have never had netflix, you do not know what you are missing. It is amazing. Also cheaper cable, tv, phone, cell phone, groceries, electronics, clothing, and pretty much anything else you are going to buy. Canada does have free healthcare (which is nice for my poor ass) and tim hortons...it is a decent trade off I guess.

Queen of the Jungle is offline Junior Member

Mostly turkey and salad and a little plain baked sweet potato.

But then...a few bites each of stuffing, cranberry sauce, ham, sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie, and cheesecake. No more than a few smallish bites of each, I promise.

But then...later, we celebrated my son&#39;s 6th birthday and I ate a piece of birthday cake. Yikes!

ega2081 Guest

@Raphael S., alright...I need to know exactly how to make those pancakes if you don&#39;t mind. Dumb it down a bit for me....I&#39;m kinda new to this....lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast