Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can you tell me about Omega 7? page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

What can you tell me about Omega 7?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just discovered a new nutrient that is critical for our bodies... Omega 7. I have never read or heard of it until 1-2 days ago.

What can YOU tell me about the omega 7 fatty acid? Someone told me macadamia nuts are rich in omega 7. I'm surprised Mark has never wrote an article on this nutrient. Or has he?

I want to learn more from YOU. Stabby... where are ya?!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

canio6 Guest
    Meaning no disrespect but you hadn't heard of it until yesterday. I hadn't heard of it until now. Yet, we both seem to be in reasonably good health. My point, perhaps worrying about every single tiny little nutrient might not be a great idea. Eat, eat naturally, live well. It is what Grok did after all. It's not like he sat around the fire and said, "Hey Grokkette, how much Omega 7 in this buffalo?"

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    1.Omega-7 fatty acids are a healthy form of trans- fat.
    Trans- fat gets a bad rap because some kinds of trans- fat increase cellular inflammation and irritate the linings of arteries. Omega-7 fatty acids like vaccenic (literally "cow") fatty acid found in dairy products is a trans- fat that helps your body overcome inflammation, if you don't eat too much of other fatty foods.

2.Omega-7 fatty acids are not found in non-fat foods.
    It may seem obvious, but you don't get your omega-7's in non-fat dairy products. Only dairy products made with whole milk or at least 2 per cent fat milk provide these fatty acids. Omega-7 fatty acids are in liquid milk, cheese, and yogurt.

3.The omega-7 fatty acid in dairy products may actually lower cholesterol.
    Scientists at the University of Albert have found that feeding lab rats vaccenic acid for sixteen weeks lowered total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides. This is not, of course, the effect that you would expect by feeding yourself lots of cheese and butter.

6.Too much omega-7 in the diet causes an unpleasant side effect.
    When omega-7 fatty acids accumulate in the oily sebum that lubricates the skin, they are broken down into the chemical 2-noneal, which causes the phenomenon known as "old people smell." Frequent washing and specially formulated cosmetics eliminate the smell.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Owly is offline Senior Member
    This would appear to be what you're talking about:

Vaccenic acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Meaning no disrespect but you hadn't heard of it until yesterday. I hadn't heard of it until now. Yet, we both seem to be in reasonably good health. My point, perhaps worrying about every single tiny little nutrient might not be a great idea. Eat, eat naturally, live well. It is what Grok did after all. It's not like he sat around the fire and said, "Hey Grokkette, how much Omega 7 in this buffalo?"
    And i sort of agree since i cannot seem to find out where this came from either. nect it will be omega 99

soon they will be suggesting we eat a balanced diet full of all edible things onthe planet just to make certian we are covered and to stop single sourcing our nutrition.... er oh wait nah they will make us all eat corn
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Ah! This is what I know it as. The poorly written trans-fat laws caused companies to reformulate their products to remove it and replace it with less healthy items.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    From Wiki:
    Mammals convert it into rumenic acid, a conjugated linoleic acid,[5][6] where it shows anticarcinogenic properties.[7
    So basically it's CLA. Great stuff! It's why I eat dairy and grass-fed ruminants.

I think you got the wrong idea. I don't care deep down. But, guess what? I LOVE learning and I had no idea that omega 7 existed. So, why not learn more about it? It's fun for me. Educational, exhilarating. I am a curious guy who is curious about how the world works including myself.

I think you got the wrong idea. I don't care deep down. But, guess what? I LOVE learning and I had no idea that omega 7 existed. So, why not learn more about it? It's fun for me. Educational, exhilarating. I am a curious guy who is curious about how the world works including myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    From Wiki:

So basically it's CLA. Great stuff! It's why I eat dairy and grass-fed ruminants.
    Amen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast