Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paleo breakfast for beginner? page

btownshreds is offline Senior Member

Paleo breakfast for beginner?

Shop Now
    hey guys. i looked everywhere to see if this ha already been posted....i just am curious.... for breakfast sometimes ill have two whole eggs and an egg white with farmer john sausage and a banana and avacado...i pretty much keep it around the base....

my question is i went up two lbs and im exercising and not eating over my calories....

any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Nion is offline Senior Member
    More info needed, male/female/age/weight?
    Do you have any health issues?
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

dado Guest
    banana has lots of sugar

Banana's are pretty high in carbs, I would check your daily totals to make sure you are at a 60/30/10 ratio. (fat/protein/carb)

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    It's hard to say...

Are you gaining fat or muscle? You need to measure body fat to know. Even then, it may be NEITHER:

Salt and fluid intake can EASILY cause your weight to change by more than two pounds IN A SINGLE DAY. A high salt intake (bacon and sausage, for example) will cause your body to take on additional water to keep your electrolyte levels in balance. Lower your salt intake and your body will purge the extra water weight as well. I've see a big, salty meal cause my weight to jump by 3.5 pounds in 24 hours. 24 hours after that 2 of those pounds were already gone again.
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

im male, 5'11, 247 from 275. i just have anxiety and depression, and i keep an eye on my carbs everyday and im always way far away from going over.

thank u gunnk....my question is, if im eating primal then naturally my salt intake is going to be higher because animal protein/fat correct?

gunnk i measure my body fat too. im 247 and my scale that measures body fat says im 37.7% body fat. doesnt makes sense. i have alot more muscle than fat man

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btownshreds View Post
    thank u gunnk....my question is, if im eating primal then naturally my salt intake is going to be higher because animal protein/fat correct?
    Not necessarily. Some meats are very high in salt - usually added during curing or to enhance flavor, others aren't. I make omelets for my family every morning: 2 eggs, ham, onions and cheese. Almost all the salt comes from the cheese with a little more from the ham. I don't salt the omelets. Sometimes I use bacon instead of ham -- then the salt content tends to be quite high and I can definitely tell the difference.

Same thing with other primal foods. I usually use unsalted nuts although MOST nuts at the store that aren't in-the-shell are loaded down with salt (and often use oils and flour as a binder to get it to stick). You have to watch for that.

In any case, a primal diet does not need to be high in salt -- in fact, Grok probably didn't have much salt in his diet unless he ate a lot of seafood.
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnk View Post
    Not necessarily. Some meats are very high in salt - usually added during curing or to enhance flavor, others aren't. I make omelets for my family every morning: 2 eggs, ham, onions and cheese. Almost all the salt comes from the cheese with a little more from the ham. I don't salt the omelets. Sometimes I use bacon instead of ham -- then the salt content tends to be quite high and I can definitely tell the difference.

Same thing with other primal foods. I usually use unsalted nuts although MOST nuts at the store that aren't in-the-shell are loaded down with salt (and often use oils and flour as a binder to get it to stick). You have to watch for that.

In any case, a primal diet does not need to be high in salt -- in fact, Grok probably didn't have much salt in his diet unless he ate a lot of seafood.
    very appreciated man. im a touring professional musician and its hard on the road...i just got back from europe and that was hardddd. where can i look on here for how to eat proper like grok?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast