Thread: Alchohol burn off page

Tclack is offline Junior Member

My dad is desparately trying to eat more primal foods.

He's kind of ruining our thanksgiving. I bough an expensive ass pork loin (free roaming, grass fed, no antibiotics, etc.). He's letting it soak in bar-be-cue sauce with HFCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#!@#!@$!#$!@#!@#!@ what a waste.

I confronted him and he said "oh yeah it's gonna burn off, just like cooking with alchohol"

F!@$^% ME!!

I should have just bought a corn fed factory farmed pork loin. Is there any truth to this. I heard it was a myth that the alchohol just burns away, let alone HFCS.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

The alcohol does burn, as it's catching-fire-point is something like 70 degrees C

As for the hfcs, sorry http://blog.regardingme.com/high-fru...f-when-heated/ :/

So this time the hfcs isn't going to kill anyone, but i doesn't just burn off. In fact, no sugar does - it caramelises, then just burns!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Aw *hugs* don't let it ruin thanksgiving. It's still gonna be better than a regular pork loin soaked in hfcs!

Maybe you could cut the outside off if you're really worried, just eat the part without sauce?

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

FairyRae is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Oh man! I would cry. (My ds is corn sensitive so I'm really a stickler about *any* corn syrup.) Maybe next year you might do the cooking w/ him?? Or give him a homemade BBQ sauce to use for marinade?? Check out this delicious recipe: http://www.nourishingdays.com/?p=1416

That's a tough situation!

My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco