Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here have a question or two. page

shezian is offline Junior Member

Smile New here have a question or two.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi
    Not sure if anyone can help. But is there a way that we can make sure we can track our daily intake of nutrients we are getting from foods?
    I am a little worried about my health lately as l have been feeling light headed and dizzy for a few weeks, and only now it has cleared up. i also had this a few months ago, then went away after about a month. A month of feeling dizzy, no energy and no appetitie takes its toll on my mental state as well.
    After this turbulant ride, this has made me look more closely at my eating habits and lifesytle.
    For the past 10 years, l have only eaten one meal per day. My weight as stayed stable on the entire time, l am in my correct weight range for my height. But l do go hungry most days and usually wait till 6pm to eat my dinner. During the week l eat protein and raw salads. The protein serve i have is normally around 200 grams, with a huge bowl of salad greens, then l have a cup of plain low fat yogurt after dinner. On the weekends l still have one meal per day, but it can be anything, as we can go out for Indian food or Thai Food, and l eat as much as l like and l also treat myself to desert and wine on weekends. So l usually gain some weight over the weekend and lose it during the week, hence why my weight has stayed the same all these years. I don't eat any fruit. I also run 3 times per week and do light weights.

All these years, l have never been sick but this year and last l have had these dizzy spells, and anxiety. Eating this way is hard, and l find that most days l am very hungry. I have never been scared of hunger. I just want to make sure my body is getting all the nutrients it needs. At 40 years old with twin girls l need to keep healthy for myself and them.

Do you guys think this way of eating is damaging my body? Are there any nutrients my body may be missing out on?
    I have had many blood tests over the years, and everything is normal, but my iron and especially haemoglobin levels have always been low. Just today l picked up my blood tests and my iron is now normal but my haemoglobin is low. But its been low most of my life.

Does anyone else here eat once per day and if so what do you eat?
    I am just not sure l am eating enough food or calories.

Sorry for it being so long.
    Cheers
    Sue

krassi is offline Member
    You can track everything by creating a free account at fitday.com

There's also a free PC software called CRON-o-meter which is pretty good

I once tried eating just one meal per day (warrior style) and I found it extremely difficult to consume all that food in just one meal. I gave up on it quickly and wouldn't really recommend it for anyone.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I think eating one meal per day is fine, but maybe you need to vary what you eat more. Why no fruit? A few pieces of fruit throughout the week shouldn't hurt. Also, if that's 200 grams of protein per day, then that is a huge amount. Swap some protein for some fat and/or carbs. You might feel better. Just make a few small changes, and it might do the trick.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Where is your fat? You're not eating nearly enough fuel. Protein is not fuel - it's building material and repair material. FAT is your fuel. Low-fat yogurt?

You need to be eating the way that Primal directs you to eat. Cut out the desserts, cut back on the wine, avoid the grains and rice and garbage carbs. Eat at least 50-60% of your calories in good monounsaturated and saturated fats, preferably animal fats.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Talking

I didn't think 200 grams was a huge serving of meat. Its a little more than the palm of my hand.
    I just wasn't sure what Mark would say on only eating one meal per day?

Cheers sue

Quote Originally Posted by shezian View Post
    I didn't think 200 grams was a huge serving of meat. Its a little more than the palm of my hand.
    I just wasn't sure what Mark would say on only eating one meal per day?

Cheers sue
    Ok, I understand now. You mean 200 gram serving of meat, and not 200 grams of protein per day. That amount of meat is reasonable. Scratch that part of my comment.

So what do you think its still okay what l am eating?

In other words do you think l am eating enough food to keep healthy. I will definately add more fruit to my diet. Which kind of fruit are the best and how much it optimal?

So what do you think its still okay what l am eating?
    I still think you may not be eating enough if you are feeling dizzy and hungry. One meal can be tough to get in all your day's energy requirements. I still suggest adding in some fat and healthy carbs. Like I said, a few small changes might be all you need. Have a smoothie with a banana and some berries, plus some coconut milk or regular full fat milk.

In other words do you think l am eating enough food to keep healthy. I will definately add more fruit to my diet. Which kind of fruit are the best and how much it optimal?
    To give you a better idea, you should keep a food log for about a week. There are programs like dailyplate.com and fitday.com that can help you record what you eat so you can see the nutrient breakdown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast