Thread: Super yummy breakfast page

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hi my fellow Groks and Grokettes,

Thought I'd share breakfast this morning. I'm IF'ing till tomorrow's breakfast, so I wanted it to be full of protein and fats!

I browned some spicy italian sausage in some CO in my biggest skillet, then added a huge bunch of chopped spinach, wilted it, and added in 5 cloves of minced garlic. (I LOVE garlic!)

I added plain tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, garlic powder and chili flakes. Allowed everything to simmer for about 15 min. While simmering I thawed some frozen cooked shrimp (the nice big ones) and detailed them. Spread them on three plates (me hubster and the babies).

I tasted the sauce, adjusted seasonings and added a handful of fresh parmesan. Then I cracked 5 eggs into the sauce and covered. Cranked the heat up a bit so lots of steam poached the eggs. Served on top of the shrimp.

OMG it was so yummy and satisfying.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

CJ4400 is offline Member

Sounds absolutely scrumptious!! I just discovered the joy of sausage. Delicious!

Queen of the Jungle is offline Junior Member

Sounds great!! YUM!!

Del Mar Mel Guest

Sounds yummy! I am currently working on perfecting my favorite omelette at a local breakfast joint. Last nite I made my fave "Creative Stereo" omelette of 3 eggs stuffed w/ sharp cheddar, bacon and artichoke hearts. Google "Summerland Beach Cafe" and check out their Omelette menu for ideas. This is a must when my family visits. It doesn't get better!