Thread: New guy from NY. Trying upgrade my eating habits and fitness level page

RLaVigna is offline Junior Member

New guy from NY. Trying upgrade my eating habits and fitness level

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I just joined this forum and ordered The Primal Blueprint, The Primal Blueprint Cookbook, and Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals.

All my life I have been very active and in pretty good shape until the past few years. Increasingly over the past 5 years, I kept getting real sick from food I ate and it took a while to figure out what was wrong. I found out I have Celiac Disease which is being gluten intolerant or specifically:

Celiac disease is both a disease of malabsorption—meaning nutrients are not absorbed properly—and an abnormal immune reaction to gluten.

I came across this group while researching how I should eat so I can continue with a fun and active life that I've been accustomed to.

I am a single 50 year old guy looking forward to learning from this forum and meeting some new friends.

Rich
    Last edited by RLaVigna; 06-13-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Rich. You will find lots of answers and support here.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Good luck to you. Celiac disease has definitely been associated with gluten, especially in wheat. During the Nazi occupation of Holland in WWII, bread was unavailable and celiac disease disappeared. I know that I've read about that, but at this point have been unable to locate the reference. Think my ex got custody of that book. Whatever, I can give personal testimony that eliminating grains from your diet will make you feel better.

Welcome to this community, and hope you benefit from going primal as much as I have.

RLaVigna is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the reply. I have no choice but to follow either a strict or slightly modified primal diet. No wheat, rye, or barley. The worst thing for me to give up is beer. I love beer. I mean I use to love beer.