Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too old for crossfit? page

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Too old for crossfit?

Shop Now
    I will be 43taken July 1st and I am wondering if that's too old to start CrossFit?

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Yep too old... you should stick to water aerobics, tia chi, and walking. lol.

No... 43 isn't too old... what's your fitness background?

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Nope, not too old! We have people in their 50s who do CF at my gym, and I know there are folks older than that out there doing it. My partner is 39 and just started last year, so it's definitely doable at 40-ish.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    http://jasonferruggia.com/no-excuses-no-limits/

This should give you your answer in short order.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Primal Nini is offline Junior Member

ah..no...I am 47!

I am 47 and I just started Cross fit 2 weeks ago and am loving it (see my thread in the *other* cross fit thread) As I said in the other one, it's all scaled to your ability and you don't have to do the same level as the hard core athletes that train there (or the buff 23 year olds!!) LOL..

good luck!

Scout is offline Junior Member
    How long is a typical Crossfit workout at a Crossfit gym?

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Our classes are usually an hour. That's usually 10-15 minutes to warm up, 25 minutes for strength, and then 20 minutes for the WOD. This may vary depending on whether it's a 20-30 minute WOD or a quick 5 minute one (in which case the other bits will be longer, often with skill practice thrown in such as learning muscle-ups or doing mobility work).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

davem is offline Senior Member
    How much fitness would one have to have as a base to start CF? (I think it ties in with the age question well enough.)

RLaVigna is offline Junior Member
    I am 50 yrs old and up until last month could not figure out what was making me sick (diagnosed with Celiac Disease May 25, '11) and even while getting sick i pushed myself to do as much as I could. Remember Jack LaLanne? He cross trained until he died at age 97. As long as you are alive you are never too old.

Make sure you work around any physical issues you may have by starting slow since you are so old!

Richard

PookDo is offline Senior Member
    What is a muscle up?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast