Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earl Grey protein smoothie!

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Earl Grey smoothie?

Blasphemy! (says the British-raised tea snob, lol!)
    Yup, I know, I know! Traditionally you don't put cream in Earl Grey either, but I always have. American heathen! At least I buy Twinings!

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Death View Post
    Back in the non-Primal days I used to steep loose earl grey leaves in a cup for a couple of days to make a "concentrate" and then add that to vanilla ice cream in a blender. Good with chai and green tea too.
    Ooookay! Think we can primalize this?

Aarti Party's Earl Grey Kulfis

Quote Originally Posted by HillsideGina View Post

Mmmm....stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com has a primal version of sweetened condensed milk!

Edit: I was thinking about doing something like this with goats milk, and I was thinking how good blueberry goat cheese is...so I'm thinking blueberry goats milk kulfi pops! lol. Crazy.
    Last edited by jqbancroft; 06-14-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HillsideGina View Post

In retrospect, I suppose it wasn't so weird if you think of it as tea with a loooooooottttt of cream and sugar. XD I never thought of earl grey + chocolate, though. PURE. GENIUS.

KULFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 I will give a million dollars* to whoever invents primal-ized kulfi.

*imaginary currency

In retrospect, I suppose it wasn't so weird if you think of it as tea with a loooooooottttt of cream and sugar. XD I never thought of earl grey + chocolate, though. PURE. GENIUS.

KULFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 I will give a million dollars* to whoever invents primal-ized kulfi.

*imaginary currency

The only non-primal ingredient in the kulfi was the sweetened condensed milk, right?

*facepalm* I missed jqbancroft's post. I am going to have to try that sweetened condensed milk sub.

KULFI HERE I COME

*facepalm* I missed jqbancroft's post. I am going to have to try that sweetened condensed milk sub.

KULFI HERE I COME

Also, if you don't want the flavor of coconut in a particular flavor, I'm sure you could cook down milk on your own and use your own primal sweetener (some honey, stevia, combination of the two, etc). I think that's what I'd do for the earl grey flavor!

Shop Now
    This actually sounds yummy. I will try this with some vanilla whey powder & heavy cream.