Thread: For any of you doubters, it does work! page

randamom is offline Junior Member

For any of you doubters, it does work!

Shop Now
    Hello all! I've always been in decent shape, but struggled to lose extra fat, despite exercise and eating what I thought was a good diet. Just before coming upon MDA, I was doing the "grazing all day" approach and actually gained weight! Ugh! I was so disappointed.

I've been following the primal lifestyle for about 6 weeks. I'd say my biggest change has been eliminating grains and most dairy, and really being concious of my carb intake. I have also accepted that I don't need to kill myself with ridiculous cardio to feel that I'm doing my body good. I train 2 days a week with a group doing circuit training/cardio and then 2 days of cardio on my own, usually a spinning class or boot camp. If I miss a day, no worries!

I was measured today at my gym, and since April 11, I have lost overall 6 in. and dropped 2% body fat. I am at 23%...5 yrs ago I was 32%. I still weigh 142, but I know if I continue this lifestyle, more weight will come off, in time. I am very happy with my results! Anyone who is thinking of trying this needs to. Do not expect a ton of weight to fall off if you don't have alot to lose. Also, be easy on yourself...I still allow myself some yummy things, but I'd say 95% of the time I remain primal. You will feel better and look healthier! There is so much support for the facts here, and it all makes sense.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Welcome. I'm glad it's going well. Yeah, don't worry about the weight as long as the inches and body fat are improving.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.