Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here, and really enjoying the results - page

Tapper is offline Junior Member

Newbie here, and really enjoying the results -

Shop Now
    Hello all!

I've been "secretly" reading this forum for about a year now...and I decided to finally join the community, both in lifestyle and forum reading/writing.

I started Paleo two weeks ago today, and I just measured up (which I planned on doing every two weeks for a bit) and I must say, HOLY COW! Not at all what I expected, but everything I hoped for...Here are my starting photos:

While I admit I am not a large person, certainly within CW's range of healthy BMI and weight, I am not happy with my composition. I have little muscle mass, even though I worked out at least 50 mins per day and "watched what I ate". I'm jiggly in areas I'd prefer that are round and firm. I've got dimples showing, that I believe will go away once the weight is lifted in this areas. You know how when you press on fat, even if when standing it doesn't look dimply, it becomes dimply? I think that's what the weight of fat is doing - it's pressing against itself with the help of gravity and creating dimples. Anyway, I digress.

Here are my starting stats:
    5/30/11
    Weight 127.6
    Calves 14.5
    Thighs 20.75
    Hips 38.5
    Butt 39.25
    Waist 30.5
    Breast 31.75
    Bicept 11
    Forearm 9
    Wrist 6
    BMI 23.34
    Body Fat % 26.46%

AND AFTER TWO WEEKS!!:
    Weight 122.2
    Calves 14.25
    Thighs 20
    Hips 38
    Butt 37.75
    Waist 28.75
    Breast 30.75
    Bicept 10.75
    Forearm 9
    Wrist 6
    BMI 22.35
    Body Fat % 26.12%

That makes for a change of!!!
    Losses:
    Weight -5.4
    Calves -0.25
    Thighs -0.75
    Hips -0.5
    Butt -1.5
    Waist -1.75
    Breast -1
    Bicept -0.25
    Forearm 0
    Wrist 0
    BMI -0.99
    Body Fat % -0.34%

Horray! I'm so happy with these changes...my body is responding so well and I love it.

And I feel healthier too! Go figure! :P

Thanks all for the love and support I feel on this forum!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Welcome!

What kind of working out are you doing 50 minutes/day? The keys are full out sprints once or twice a week, and a bit of intense resistance work.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    welcome and congradulations. i have an huge success with marks daily apple and the primal lifestyle! welcome! you look HOT!!!

i went primal in feb 2010
    200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Yay! Welcome!

What kind of working out are you doing 50 minutes/day? The keys are full out sprints once or twice a week, and a bit of intense resistance work.
    I had been working out 50 minutes/day...but I've since cut that back to primal type working out...slow jog twice a week, walking every day, one day of sprinting...and I ride my bike leisurely to work 3 times a week.

By mentioning 50mins/day, I meant to show I was doing what CW suggests, but I wasn't getting results...now, I am. And I feel I'm working out less...it leaves me more time to read and hang out with friends, which I'm all for!

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    good job! I would kill to look like your be4 pics lol keep up the good work!
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Add in at least one day of strength training. Strength is king.

randamom is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations! I too have seen great changes in a short period of time. Who knew? I do miss cereal, but it's worth it! Keep it up!

Have any suggestions for strength training when you don't have a gym membership or weights at home? Like body weight type of stuff? I'm currently living temporarily with a friend, so I can't go and purchase too much stuff as I have my little room all by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by randamom View Post
    Congratulations! I too have seen great changes in a short period of time. Who knew? I do miss cereal, but it's worth it! Keep it up!
    I miss ice cream.... :P Though, I have made an absolutely amazing desert the other day....which helped fill the sweet tooth, while still on primal...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapper View Post
    Have any suggestions for strength training when you don't have a gym membership or weights at home? Like body weight type of stuff? I'm currently living temporarily with a friend, so I can't go and purchase too much stuff as I have my little room all by myself.
    Have you downloaded Mark's PB Fitness ebook yet? It's free! Great stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast