Thread: meh page

skunkcabbagebandit is offline Junior Member

Smile meh

Primal Fuel
    My name is Rebecca. I am 28 years old, 5'5" and arounnd 155. A few months ago I tried Atkins to jump start a weight loss. I started out at 159 and went down to 145 befor plateuing. Needless to say
    I've gained most of it back.

I felt fantastic but found it difficult and anoying to count carbs while trying to add some stuff back into my diet in order to find my carb tolerance.

I started working overtime at my job and taking care of four little ones made it pretty difficult to keep counting. Blah! Also I found Atkins lacking in some ways.

This diet sounds much easier. Instead of counting I just try to balance a few simple macronutrients : Meat, Veg, Fat. Simple. That hard part may be affording a 100% primal diet while feeding five other family members as well. I'll probably be 100% for a few weeks then simply try to lay off the grains as Avoiding them makes me feel so amazing.
    So glad for this forum.

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    To be honest it's fairly easy to put together a table that accommodates paleo and CW. Just rein in the pasta and potatoes a bit, and bulk up the veggies (everyone can benefit from the second part!). When I visit my parents we are catering to a paleo, a vegetarian, and an individual who refuses to eat vegetables. It's very much a Jack Sprat thing.

Actually, this brought to mind another bugbear of mine; if you are in the habit of plating up for people, stop it. Right now. Nothing drives me crazier than eating at a friend or relatives place and having them plate for me. How do you know what and how much they want to eat? Use serving dishes and let them help themselves.
    Last edited by jhc; 06-12-2011 at 11:02 PM.