View Poll Results: For a single meal and the percentages of calories, what is low carb to you?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5%

3 6.98%
  • 10%

11 25.58%
  • 15%

12 27.91%
  • 20%

8 18.60%
  • Who cares?

9 20.93%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For a single meal and the percentages of calories, what is low carb to you? page 2

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So, if I eat all my protein for breakfast/lunch and have my veggies(carbs) for dinner, even though I eat less than 50g a day - is that not low carb?

maurile is offline Senior Member
    I voted "Who cares?" for a few reasons. But mostly because even if I cared about staying low-carb overall, I wouldn't care about percentages in a single meal. I'd care about percentages over the course of a week.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    My carbs are usually around 10% a day. That's roughly 80g of carbs. I take in usually 180g of fat a day and 200g of protein on lifting days (150g on off days).
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty dang low carb, so I'm pleased to read that you'll be throwing in some options that work for moi....
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    I have my carbs fixed at 60g right now on 1600 calories

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    So, if I eat all my protein for breakfast/lunch and have my veggies(carbs) for dinner, even though I eat less than 50g a day - is that not low carb?
    This is most definitely low carb.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by maurile View Post
    I voted "Who cares?" for a few reasons. But mostly because even if I cared about staying low-carb overall, I wouldn't care about percentages in a single meal. I'd care about percentages over the course of a week.
    Right. I should have stated myself more clearly and I may start a new thread, new question because its very important.

The reason why I asked this question was for my Smoothie eBook. When can I call a smoothie low carb and when can I not? Where is the cut off or should I just use my own judgment?

A smoothie I made a few days ago has 20 grams of carbs, 9 from fiber. For caloric percentage its 17%. I say this is low carb. What do YOU think?

Quote Originally Posted by GoJenGo View Post
    I'm pretty dang low carb, so I'm pleased to read that you'll be throwing in some options that work for moi....
    Does this mean under 50 grams? Oh I'll for sure have low carb options along with some very low carb.

My new thinking is to have 100 killer, awesome, out of this world recipes and then one variation of each recipe that is low carb for people like you.

Then 100+ recipes from people who submit recipes and 100+ recipes from restaurants. It's a HUGE project and it costs you $4.44 for today......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12