Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding-worthy paleo desserts page

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member

Red face Wedding-worthy paleo desserts

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone know some super delicious desserts that would do well in a wedding setting? Nothing too fancy, just for a casual outdoor summer evening.

Something slightly more interesting than avocado chocolate pudding, though I'm not opposed to having some for the kids!

I've read Mark's article, Primal Wedding Menu, which was a great read (and aren't Mark's articles always great reads?) but didn't have desserts. Through the comments, I found a paleo blog that has some desserts, but I'm sure people here might have some secrets up their sleeves!

(*) paleo/primal, whatever. Doesn't have to 100% strict. Thanks in advance

I'm sure the boyfriend would make his famous cheesecake... so that's one dessert.

These berry yogurt cuties would probably not hold their shape for very long, but could work in small shot glasses or wide candle cups. And wouldn't they look great surrounding a silky chocolate (cheese?) cake?
    What else, what else...
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 06-12-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: scrumptious!
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

norak is offline Senior Member
    How about a mix of fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries with whipped cream and vanilla sauce?

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Following from Norak's idea, you could turn the fresh fruit, whipped cream, and vanilla sauce into a beautiful trifle with the addition of some coconut cake. In a large footed clear glass bowl it would be beautiful.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

PatrickF is offline Senior Member
    It depends on the direction in which you want to be less strict.

If a fruit heavy course is fine: One of my favorite desserts is spicy roasted apricots and nectarines. With orange juice+zest, butter, a bit of both sugar and honey, star anise, cinnamon, vanilla, bay leaf, pepper. It's pretty much this recipe (ignore the advertising): http://www.schwartz.co.uk/recipedetail.cfm?ID=11466
    The spices and the roasting turn even ordinary fruit into a special treat with an elegant and complex taste.
    Last edited by PatrickF; 06-12-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Dairy, nuts, fruits, yes, all allowed for wedding day (since guests won't be Paleo, I don't think it would be right to be so strict).

Nice, Patrick, that sounds real savoury. My family would love that.

Hmm, who can say no to a trifle? :-) Could skip the cake though, and turn it into a parfait. Could even use chopped nuts. Hmm, dreaming about pistachios, now! Maybe even a quick strawberry syrup. Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to make lemon curd without sugar... lemon curd would be great with a trifle/parfait too.

Chocolate covered strawberries.
    Oh, and check out these pretty raspberry cheesecake bites I found!

Non-dessert idea: strawberry-kiwi-spinach-shrimp-bacon-pecan-salad? (note to self: give it a try :P)

Strawberry kiwi-something dessert sounds good.. maybe simply add whipped cream.
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 06-13-2011 at 07:34 AM.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Primal Almond Butter Pumpkin Brownies | This Primal Life <- just made these last night, yummy
    Stuff I Make My Husband: Pumpkin Tiramisu perhaps the ladyfinger recipe here might work for a lighter trifle.
    maple cheesecake with boar bacon! | batty.us <-- had to be mentioned

Paleobird Guest
    If you blend full fat coconut milk together with dehydrated blueberries, it turns out the most delightful shade of purple and sets up the consistency of mousse in the fridge. You could stevia sweeten it for non-primals. This mousse could be used in parfaits or other layered creations or just by itself.

Haha, I think we'll be all set with cheesecake!
    I think those ladyfingers will work nicely on a trifle, good eye spotting them.
    Hmmm layered bloobewwy poooddddiiiiinnnnng! Thanks all for the suggestions, this sure is looking good!

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Strawberry cheesecakes bites are very pretty and tasty. Many different variations on the filling - most call for splenda or sugar, but you could easily use honey or maple syrup and make them primal. Very wedding-ish looking.

Izzylu is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Check out the recipes in the Cafe Gratitude cook book. Raw food sites are great for paleo/primal. Grains need cooking! So... the Tiramisu (be careful preparing the "cake" part, I think the measurements are off) is absolutely unbelievable, same with the Lemon Cheese Cake. Prepared with Agave but if your letting loose a little, this is where it's at! I brought both to work and people could not believe it. Congratulations!
    Strong is the new Skinny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast