Thread: Can't fnd my motivation. :( page

Kerry Ann is offline Member

Can't fnd my motivation. :(

Primal Fuel
    before having my 8month old son I was going to the gym about 6 times a week for 2hrs a pop. I had to stop going to the gym and ate a horrible diet for my pregnancy (I was on mod bedrest for some bleeding)

Anyway now I just can't get back into exercising. I had recently started doing Chalean Extreme and even in like 2 weeks started seeing results. But I stopped doing it and just can't get motivated again. I can't afford the gym and don't have time (but have weights etc at home) . I walk atleast 10000 steps a day, don't own a car and have to take a subway to and from work, and usually go walking on my lunch break. I want to get back into lifting weights and stuff but just can't motivate myself. . Any good tips?

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    You have a toddler and no car. Hi Mrs. Grok. You are getting exercise the way our female ancestors have for the past 3 million or so years. Get what rest you can with an 8 month old.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Dragonfly is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    You have a toddler and no car. Hi Mrs. Grok. You are getting exercise the way our female ancestors have for the past 3 million or so years. Get what rest you can with an 8 month old.
    +1 Chronic cardio is not Primal & not good for you!

When you are ready, try the PB Fitness workout (free pdf at the top of the Fitness Forum.) I do bodyweight exercises for 30 min once a week, dance once a week and walk 7-10 hours a week. Super fit now and plenty of energy.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Google simplefit and do a day of hill sprints. All very quick workouts.

Toefuzz is offline Member
    My wife had a similar problem after having our kids, though it was with running instead of lifting weights. We were actually talking about it last night and she said the best way to motivate herself was to set a definite goal. For example, this year she wanted to run in the Disney Princess Half Marathon and the Mackinac Bridge run. She was able to complete both of them this year (obviously training for the half marathon took awhile). On a side note, she was one of 400 selected to run the bridge out of thousands of entries... pretty neat.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Ann View Post
    Anyway now I just can't get back into exercising. I had recently started doing Chalean Extreme and even in like 2 weeks started seeing results. But I stopped doing it and just can't get motivated again.
    “BODY BY SCIENCE” — ESPECIALLY FOR WOMEN
    BODY BY SCIENCE FOR WOMEN WORKOUT VIDEOS

Twinwolf is offline Senior Member
    Google Crossfit and do their workout of the day (WOD). It's posted on their blog and for the most part can be done with little or no equiptment. As with all exercises they can be modified to fit what your level of ability is and what you have available to use.

Outside of that there is primal fitness ebook on here that has plenty of available workouts.. All very "Grok-like" and able to be accomplished while you're baby is napping.

Good luck! Oh and I agree with Hedonist.. Get what rest you can with an 8 month old.. Fuel your body Primally and you will do fine!

Peace.
    "If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is."

My Journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30234.html

Starting weight prePB - 258 lbs on 5/6/11

244.2 lbs on 6/3/11 (28 days in!)

240 lbs on 7/1/11 (59 days in!)

234.2 on 7/15/11 (73 days in!)

228.2 on 8/12/11 (101 days in!)

224 on 8/28/11 (117 days in!)

220.6 on 9/14/11 (134 days in!)

Goal weight PB - 205 lbs

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Check out this blog: The Daily Fitness Solution Blog or bodyrock.tv for minimal equipment workouts.

Kerry Ann is offline Member
    thanks everyone!