Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Don't I feel Hungry? page

irnmunkey is offline Junior Member

Why Don't I feel Hungry?

Primal Fuel
    Started Primal about 10 days ago and I never feel hungry anymore for instance yesterday I had lunch at 130pm and nothing else till 10am today and even then I didn't feel hungry at all buit felt I needed to eat.

I am very overweight weighing around 360lbs atm. So not feeling hungry is very strange it doesn't affect me at all I have lots of energy and don't feel tired anymore at all.

Is it just because my bodty has changed to burning fat stores so my brain doesn't send me hunger signals! Confused want to know what I should do I, perfectly happy on 2 meals aday. Usually Brekkie is eggs, bacon, mushrooms tomato and then some fruit. Lucnh is usually just Salad and meat of some type.

Any Ideas?

Digby is offline Senior Member
    You are now a fat burner, not a carb burner; carbs create the intense addiction-like cravings. Real Hunger is actually more of a mouth sensation than a thought, as is thirst. Be glad, and keep it up. Soon you will weigh just a few stone appropriate to your height and build. Good luck-- or more good luck. Lots of people would like your condition.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry. Enjoy! Your body will tell you when it wants something more. I look forward to seeing your story in Mark's Success Stories.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Hillyman is offline Junior Member
    You get hungry when your blood sugar dips below a certain "normal" level. What is happening now that you are Primal is that you are not flooding your body with carbohydrates (especially refined carbs) that cause the blood sugar in your body to spike. With the spike, your pancreas produces insulin to bring down the blood sugar. However, this can result in too much blood sugar being taken out because the pancreas keep producing the insulin until the blood sugar is within the normal range; once the insulin production stops, the remaining insulin circulating in the body continues to take sugar out of the bloodstream, and so you go below the normal range. Ergo, you get hungry. Apparently, with Primal your blood sugar level is now within the normal range, even after meals.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    It seems as though you might be one of the lucky few who don't experience low-carb flu. This will make things a hundred times easier for you.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Kerry Ann is offline Member
    I call it Ketosis magic lol

I'm a veterin low carber so im very familiar with that. Another nice side effect from being in ketosis (body burning fat instead of carbs like someone said above) is like a euphoric state with lots of energy. Some people get it, some don't.
    Some more fun side effects of being in ketosis is stinky breath, extra stinky sweat and tossing and turning at night..

irnmunkey is offline Junior Member
    Excellent well I'll just keep going as I am then. ;o)

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irnmunkey View Post
    Just be sure to drink a minimum of a litre of liquids a day, and stick to lower carb fruits to keep the ball rolling. As someone plagued with cravings until I stopped all sugars/artficial sweeteners and most carbs, I seriously envy you.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irnmunkey View Post
    Grok on!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Fammer is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am looking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast