Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal --- Blue Eyed Chick page

Smile Primal Journal --- Blue Eyed Chick

Primal Fuel
    Might as well jump in with both feet...

I have always been the chunky, less attractive friend - the one people don't really remember. I've always wanted to change that, but have never been motivated enough, I guess.

I've spent years dieting for a few days, and then over-eating for a month to make up for those days "without". I would go on a diet and immediately want something forbidden, like a cheeseburger. I would hyperfocus on not being able to have the cheeseburger and then eat my way all the way around it, resulting in a ridiculous amount of overeating of "healthy" options. I should have had the cheeseburger and be done with it!

Anyway, my sister is doing a modified Paleo diet with her husband and was telling me about it. She sent me the link to this place, and after reading the before/after thread, I'm pretty excited, and think that I can be successful, too.

I rode my bike for two miles yesterday and then again this morning. I ate low carb today (amazing!) I kept my carbs at 72g. I did over-do it on the fat today, but I'm going to call it a success. I also *did not want* a candy bar at the store when the hubby got one this evening. Another success!

We have this weight thingy in the garage that I've been looking at. For now, it is a lovely place to put clothes and other odd garage items. Tomorrow, it may become a weight thingy again.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Chick! Pretty hard to overdo the fat in Primal. That's different from Paleo. When your body wants a cheeseburger, enjoy it, just don't eat the bun. Pile on the cheese (unless you are dairy intolerant) and bacon too. Good luck with Primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

I just took my before pictures, and they are not pretty. Ugh.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Love me some bunless burger!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    I do my burgers as gigantic "burger salads": a bed of lettuce and then the burger, cheese and fixings all piled on top. No fries, no chips, no bread. It's a VERY healthy, VERY tasty way to handle cookouts!
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

Thanks you, guys! We had bunless burgers last night for dinner and not surprisingly, the bun takes away from the flavor.

I'm a couple days in, and I'm sure it's total placebo but I feel fantastic!

Carbs so far this week: 56 83 59

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eyed Chick View Post
    We had bunless burgers last night for dinner and not surprisingly, the bun takes away from the flavor.
    Yes. True. Anything but a really good, fresh-baked bun is a waste. I don't miss them.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I love a hamburger diced into a salad. Now, when DH bbq's, I always get him to cook extra so I can have one for supper and one in my lunch the next day. You get that in there with some avocado and olive oil and mmmmmmmm
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Yes. True. Anything but a really good, fresh-baked bun is a waste. I don't miss them.
    I was talking to a friend last night and told her nearly the same thing. I love fresh baked bread - the other stuff is just...filler. Since I rarely have an opportunity for fresh baked bread, it won't be an obstacle.

I weighed myself today. I'm down about 7 pounds - in three/four days. Is that even possible? I'm sure it's carb bloat/water, but I'll take it! My bra wasn't even as tight this morning. This stuff is crazy!

Is the 2 pounds a week = healthy weight loss a SAD myth, or is it true? My head is spinning with all of the misinformation out there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast