Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal --- Blue Eyed Chick page 2

belinda is offline Senior Member
    It's common to lose rapidly at the start of switching to a primal WOE. After that, if things are working right for you (and they may not, some people need tweaks) you will probably lose at the rate of .5 - 1.5 lb a week.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, burger salad! I used to toss crumbled ground beef into my salads w/ oil and vinegar and that was really good, thanks for reminding me!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

So I haven't been here on my journal but I'm still hanging in there. Yesterday was a cheat day and I probably need to tone that down a little bit.

As of today, I have lost 13 pounds. There is a definite change in my body shape - I am definitely more curvy in the right places. I can tell that I've lost some weight/inches in the waistline, rib cage, and the butt. I put on shorts today that were "Not in this lifetime" last week, but are now in the "In a few more pounds, these might actually be acceptable"

I am crazy excited about this way of eating and have gotten my BFF, her mom, and a couple other people on board!
    Last edited by Blue Eyed Chick; 06-25-2011 at 12:50 PM.

back and forth, back and forth.

I am having a real issue finding quick foods to eat during the day. I fast from 10p to 2p the next day on a regular basis. It's what I've always done. When I get home from work at 2p, I am not interested in a meal. I'm more snacky. I typically eat one meal a day (dinner 6-7p). I'm struggling with what to graze on from 2p to 6p that has substance.

Rode my bike 3.58 miles today. I ate a grilled chicken caprese salad today that was fantastic.

Could it be that I am seeing definition in my abs with riding my bke (for fun) being the only exercise I do? I still have a long long way to go. I was kind of disappointed when I searched back for a thread on "stretch marks" and pretty much figured out I am stuck with that crap. When I get down to where I want to be, all the excess skin is coming off. That is my gift to myself when all of this is done.

Today my abs feel sore/stretched and I didn't do anything but ride my bike yesterday and maybe have sex the night prior to that. Weird.

I need to toss my scale. Seriously.

Yesterday, I ate too much bacon. Maybe it was a combination of too much bacon, nothing else, and cramping from Aunt Flo, but good grief - I was miserable almost all day yesterday.

Today I am going to get my measurements and try to go by that instead of what the scale says.

I know I've lost some inches already - I'm going to have to dig for the last recorded measurements I did (last year) to see what the difference is because I did not measure first this time. Right now, mentally I feel pretty sexy, but when I look in the mirror and see all the loose skin from having four big babies, it's a little depressing. I'm hoping that some of that goes away as I lose weight. It's a little scary looking.

Last year:
    Chest: 44"
    R Arm: 14"
    L Arm: 14"
    Waist: 40.5"
    Hips: 46"
    R Thigh: 24"
    L Thigh: 24.5"
    Weight: 185

07/04/11
    Chest: 42"
    R Arm: 13.5"
    L Arm: 13"
    Waist: 38"
    Hips: 43"
    R Thigh: 24.5"
    L Thigh: 24.75"
    Weight: 180

Net loss: 9.5" and 5 lbs.
    Last edited by Blue Eyed Chick; 07-04-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well Done

Re the snacks - I just love cold meat left overs - quick easy and if the worst comes to the worst I get a cooked chicken or tin of salmon etc and just have that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast