Thread: What I'm Thankful For This Thanksgiving page

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Wow. It's been a rough year for me, both career- and financial-wise. Some of you know that I was laid off unexpectedly at the end of June; which totally sucks.

But in retrospect...when I was working 12-hour days, I didn't have time to take care of myself. I was putting on weight, blood sugar and stress levels were not acceptable. My doc wanted to put me on a bunch of meds...then Althaur introduced me to PB in the beginning of August. Since I wasn't working, I had lots of time to hang out here, get to know you...and ask for advice.

I'm 10 pounds lighter now, blood sugars run 80-90; even though I'm broke a lot of the time, I'm no longer subject to my former anxiety attacks and dark moods. My doc was delighted, albeit perplexed---meds averted.

I guess what I&#39;m saying is--- I am so thankful to Mark, my buddy Althaur, and the beautiful folks here on the Forum. I am convinced that you guys have saved my life. Happy Thanksgiving <3

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

There are so many things I&#39;m thankful for, this year and every year.

Number one is my family. I swear I have the best family in the world. They are always there for me when I need them, and it&#39;s no stretch to say that they&#39;re the best friends I have.

I&#39;m thankful that I have not one job, but two. When so many people can&#39;t find adequate work, I&#39;m happy to be working and making money, no matter how tired or cranky it makes me.

I&#39;m thankful for finding Mark and this site, this forum. I&#39;m thankful for finding a new, fulfilling way of life that&#39;s sustainable for a lifetime. I know living like this, I&#39;ll never be fat again. It&#39;s wonderful to know there are so many others out there living the lifestyle. The sense of community is wonderful.

I&#39;m thankful for learning about Dave Ramsey, whose advice and inspiration is helping me be successful with my money, so that I can be more well off than my parents when I get to be their age.

My ratties, my material comforts, relative security... I have a pretty darn good life. The gods have blessed me well.

shepherd is offline Junior Member

My husband and family, a teaching job, students who think (and tell me often) that I rock, amazing friends... so many many blessings.

And knowing I&#39;m finally on the right path to control my insulin resistance. Here&#39;s to the PB lifestyle and Crossfit!

In your face, Space Coyote!