Thread: Hi Im Nate page

aireals is offline Member

Hi Im Nate

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone my name is Nathan. Im 21 and I live in the boonies of NH. I discovered The Primal Blueprint after watching Fat Head and this book was suggested on his site. I was absolutely enthralled by its ideals when I started reading it. Ive always believed that a proper diet should reflect the way our ancestors ate but never found any sort of literature to put a true science and understanding behind it. I really enjoy dieting but have a hard time committing to it, but have high hopes to stick to this. I am 5'11 and weigh 155 lb so Im not looking necessarily for the complete weight loss but I would really like to trim up and put on muscle using the Primal eating methods. I am hopefully shipping out to the air force in 6 months and would like to weigh atleast 10lbs more and be in much better shape, and hope to continue with the Primal Blueprint after I come back from basic. Im basically a skinny fat kid, my heartbeat stays around 80 beats per minute resting which is terrible. The only problem Im having is finding food. To get grass fed anything regularly I have to drive 45 minutes to get to the local co-op and 45 minutes back. That goes for a good amount of organic produce as well. Thank you for reading my life story and I look forward to embarking on this journey of sorts with the support of everyone.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi Nate. Welcome.

Organic and grass fed are great. But not required. Don't let the lack of those stop you. Stock up when you have a chance to get to the co-op. Are there any farmers where you are in the boonies who you could get stuff from, even if it isn't labeled "organic"?
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

aireals is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Hi Nate. Welcome.

Organic and grass fed are great. But not required. Don't let the lack of those stop you. Stock up when you have a chance to get to the co-op. Are there any farmers where you are in the boonies who you could get stuff from, even if it isn't labeled "organic"?
    I havent really had a chance to look around yet. Our farmer market opens soon I believe and I will definitely be doing some investigating then. I actually wasnt sure if it was even a good choice to eat store meat, because of the Omega 6 to Omega 3 balance.
    Last edited by aireals; 06-11-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm 6' tall and 155. Been primal for about 4+ years. After 4 months I lost 30 lbs of fat from around my middle. Now I'm looking to gain 15 lbs of muscle, if that's in the genes. I started Crossfit last week 3x/week to see if that will put it on...