Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How can I stop smoking? page 2

traintolive is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlesigh View Post
    Stop going to parties where people just get drunk!
    Thanks for your advice, but: The thing with that is: I live in Germany and everybody is allowed to drink from age 16 (beer and wine) and 18 (hard liquor and cigarettes), basically everybody smokes and drinks, so it's impossible to go to a party where no one drinks. I mean I still want to party and hang out with my friends..
    Grok from Germany

Primal since End/Beginning of 2010/2011

Conner P. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by traintolive View Post
    I am primal -- but I don't know what exactly you mean by carb flu..
    When most people start, they feel kind of shitty and crave conventional foods. I know I did. I was hungry alot and would walk through the grocery store and just look at all the food I "wasnt allowed to eat".

Quote Originally Posted by Conner P. View Post
    When most people start, they feel kind of shitty and crave conventional foods. I know I did. I was hungry alot and would walk through the grocery store and just look at all the food I "wasnt allowed to eat".
    Oh okay that's what I thought it meant.
    Grok from Germany

Grizz is offline Banned
    You WILL get one or more of these conditions:
    * Shortness of breath
    * Physical limitations - can't run or exercise
    * Bronchitis
    * Erectile Dysfunction in your 30s, 40s VERY COMMON; Do you want your sex life RUINED?
    Tobacco causes Erectile Dysfunction
    * Small Cell Lung Cancer ( no cure except remove lung )
    * Emphysema
    * Cancers in all fatty organs including brain cancers

* Smoking is a Disease
    Alan Carr book,"The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" is the BEST way to stop smoking.
    Stop smoking aids and quit smoking methods by Allen Carr, The Easy Way to Stop Smoking
    Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking > Books

* Great web site:
    WhyQuit - the Internet's leading cold turkey quit smoking resource

You might as well put a gun to your head & pull the trigger
    * Mark on Smoking:
    How to Quit Smoking | Mark's Daily Apple

Bottom line, I quit smoking 40 years ago and thank god I did. Many friends have died or suffering terribly from smoking.
    It was the TOUGHEST thing I ever did. I was severely addicted for over 1 year. For that 1st year the urge to smoke was INTENSE, although the urges became less & less frequent. To this day, I still LOVE the smell of 2nd hand smoke, and I know that I cannot puff on another cigarette or I will get addicted all over again. It is not possible to slow down smoking. It is ALL OR NOTHING. Smokers are addicted for life.

You will just have to make up your mind to stop smoking. More than 2 drinks per day WILL cause liver damage called cirrhosis of the liver. One of my friends died from this affliction, and he never drank anything stronger than beer. Just because your friends are STUPID, doesn't mean you have to be STUPID, too! It is your choice, decide wisely.

I am now 68 year old, strong & healthy. Breathing is great, strong sex life, workouts at the gym, and THANK GOD I QUIT SMOKING !

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-11-2011 at 01:40 PM.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I totally recommend the Allen Carr book that Grizz listed. It works.

avelin is offline Senior Member
    I'e sent a PM. Cognitive behaviour therapy helps along with alan carr's book

I have a list I made I will happily share
    Evolutionary. Ideology that fits biology

avelin is offline Senior Member
    I should add that I quit after smoking for 30 years
    Evolutionary. Ideology that fits biology

Quote Originally Posted by avelin View Post
    I should add that I quit after smoking for 30 years
    Congratulations! Good job!!
    Grok from Germany

Grizz is offline Banned
    traintolive,

I once met a man suffering from emphysema, his lungs were destroyed by tobacco. You never see these people in public because they are so crippled that they can't even walk 5 feet without gasping for air & from a lack of oxygen. Even with an oxygen tank he could not walk. Just breathing without hacking & coughing was a major chore.

I will NEVER forget that pitiful man. He gave me some advice, he said to never start smoking, or if I was smoking to stop so I didn't end up like him.

Don't be a DUMMY and hand your hard earned money over to the tobacco cartel for a product that literally RUINS your health over time. Show those BASTARDS who is BOSS. Don't let them steal another dollar from you! This is YOUR LIFE we are talking about. Screw up your health, or take care of your health. This is a decision you MUST MAKE NOW.

Before I had quit smoking (I had smoked for 10 years) I was suffering from shortness of breath at only 25 yrs old. I could not take a deep breath without coughing and running was out of the question. Strangely, I had TERRIBLE back pains every night. Pains were so bad that I had to get out of bed and sleep on the couch. Within 1 week of quitting, my back pains were GONE, and within 6 months my shortness of breath was gone.

Do you have any questions?

Grizz

Waskydiver is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Grizz has some great resources... "Why Quit"... Alan Carr...

I got through it myself... Actually... now that I think of it, I have just about one year exactly... I will check...

Don't have time now, but I will walk you through some techniques I used..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast