Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Loitering page

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member

Cool No Loitering

Shop Now
    So, finally getting around to joining this forum. It's Friday night at 10:07 pm. Can you say 'bored', lol?

I've been at this a short time, discovered primal from YouTube. I was doing Atkins for awhile before. This suits me much better, especially that fitness is such a major component of this all. Atkins advised you to work out, just didn't tell you much beyond that, and most of his acolytes (other forums) don't get into exercise so much as they do exchanging recipes. I'm not criticizing that by any means. I just needed to know what to do with my exercise, because I was clueless. This site has helped me immeasurably as far as that goes.

My eating has sucked today. All I've had all day long is a couple handfuls of almonds, simply because I'm too lazy to cook anything for myself. I usually do much better than that, but I've had strep, don't really feel like eating. I hope and pray I'll be better tomorrow.

Exercise: 2 sets of EMs, 1/2 hour on the treadmill (too hot to walk outside)

I'm about 13 pounds away from what I used to consider my perfect weight, don't know what will become of that number, though. I look forward to simultaneously getting more muscle and losing some fat, so I'm not going to drive myself crazy with goals and all that. My goal is to feel like I'm 21 again, but with less drinking.
    Last edited by Sanctus Real; 06-14-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Lovely primal day today. Let my husband sleep in this morning (he usually lets me, but I was feeling generous today), IFed until 6:00, had 3 eggs with goat sausage and bacon and am feeling pleasantly full. An hour MS on the treadmill this afternoon. All is right with my world right now.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Another great day, awesome workout. LHT and a little MS, and I feel great. I'm still working on mastering the 5 EM and tried to do a knee pushup without padding my knee. I failed at that, lol, but lesson learned.

I feel like I'm ready to move up on all the EM, but I know that's a recipe for exhaustion, so I just moved up on the pull-ups. I don't care who says I shouldn't, lol, but I've been using the assisted pull-up machine and am gradually reducing my weight on that until I'm able to do it without assistance. I like gradually building my strength this way, tried it the way MS recommended, but it just frustrated me so badly. The same goes for overhead presses; I'm doing those my way, too. I was getting dizzy from trying to go upside down, so that didn't work for me so well. I can tell, though, using a barbell for overhead presses is really working my core. Next week, I'll advance on the push-ups, so I won't have to worry about my evil knee anymore.

One thing at a time. *sigh* Being patient is so hard!

It's weird, I really didn't expect to lose a lot of weight doing this. I thought the muscle gain and fat loss would kind of equal each other out, especially at first. Not quite happening as I expected. Weird.
    Last edited by Sanctus Real; 06-14-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: I am the typo queen.

It occurs to me that I need to keep track of my workouts online, to help me avoid forgetting to do something. And I need to be organized about it, too, so I'm writing it all down at once, altering as I see fit. While the little ones are out of school, my workout week is going more Friday through Thursday, so I'll start with that for now.

Friday, 6/10 - 2 LHT (I always mean EM by that for now), 1/2 hour MS
    Saturday - 1 hour MS
    Sunday - 2 LHT, 1/2 hour MS
    Monday - 1 hour MS
    Tuesday - 1 LHT, Sprint (8 HIIT)
    Wednesday - Sick Day
    Thursday - 1 hour MS

For the week, that'll equal 5 sets of EMs, 5 hours MS, and 1 Sprint. I'm planning on a little MS every day, no matter what, unless I'm already doing LHT and Sprints. I've only got so much energy, lol! I figure I can take a break anytime from the MS category, and it won't be a big deal. I'm not really planning on breaks, but I know those days will come. I'll either be worn out or have something planned.

I had a good workout today. I finally bucked up the courage to advance in several categories at once with the EMs. I chose to do it on my day when I only do one set, for obvious reasons. It went very well.

I advanced to Inclined Push-ups from the Hand and Knee ones. A little harder, but strangely, a little easier, too. For my Pull-ups, I didn't advance, but I tried Chin-ups on my second set. I don't know if it's the weather or what, but my left arm (that was broken years ago) really acted up on those. Must try again another day. I also advanced on Planks, sort of. I am either not strong or not coordinated enough to go to Mark's Level 3 for this one, but I could do Level 4 just fine. I'll try Level 3 again at a later date, I guess.

I didn't advance on the Overhead Press, obviously, because I can't do Mark's progressions. Upside down doesn't appear to be an option at the moment for me. I'm doing barbell overhead presses, which are REALLY working my abs. I haven't moved my weight up, still taking all my effort to just do 20 reps, so I'll give that a little while. And I'm happy doing Potty Squats for now. I managed to do 50 reps today without taking a break. That was a first, so my time may be coming.
    Last edited by Sanctus Real; 06-15-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Change for Sick Day

I took today for a sick day, I had a feeling that might have to happen. My body still isn't completely over the strep, glands are still swollen, etc. I foolishly was trying to ignore it, but this morning, it put a gun to my head and told me that I *would* be sleeping in, and I *wouldn't* be exercising today. Still have a freakin' headache, but I am sure that htis will pass. I just had to have children. I think they picked it up at the gym nursery, and I thought I'd escaped with only a light touch of it, but I think it took advantage of my weariness yesterday.

I've already done all the musts for this week, so if I end up taking even another day, I can still come back. Ignoring my body has really evil consequences.

I don't know what is up with me. I totally ditched my planned workout at the gym, did my own thing. It felt good, but I don't know if I should make it a habit. We'll see what happens, I suppose. So, I'm revising this week to this:

Friday, 6/10 - 2 LHT, 1/2 hour MS
    Saturday - 1 hour MS
    Sunday - 2 LHT, 1/2 hour MS
    Monday - 1 hour MS
    Tuesday - 1 LHT, Sprint (8 HIIT)
    Wednesday - Sick Day
    Thursday - 2 LHT, 45 min MS

Week's totals: 7 LHT, 1 Sprint, 3.75 MS

Plans for next week:

Friday, 6/17 - 45 min MS
    Saturday - 2 LHT, 30 min MS
    Sunday - 1 hr MS
    Monday - 2 LHT, 30 min MS
    Tuesday - Break or MS?
    Wednesday - 2 LHT, 30 min MS
    Thursday - 30 min MS, Sprint

That makes for 6 LHT, a Sprint, and at least 3.75 MS, possibly a little more. I guess I'll see if that's too much, or if I can handle it.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    LOL, I need a glossary for all the acronyms!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Sorry about the acronyms... Just easier than typing everything out. MS = Moving Slowly, LHT = Lifting, EM = Essential Movements, and I don't think I used any others.

On track for 45 min cardio (MS) today, think I've figured out my trouble with chin-up is the underhanded grip doesn't work for me, but I tried with a parallel grip today, that worked fine. At least I can do it this way until I get a doctor's opinion.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the translation!! I just have to know what everyone is talking about =D
    What do you do for Essential Movements?
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast