Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: No Loitering page 6

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    Decent day, both eating and working out. 45 min on the treadmill, IFed until around 1600. Daily totals: 3 sausages, 4 slices of bacon, 3 eggs, about 1/8 cup of cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of SF ice cream. I probably maxed out my calories, despite fasting, but I know I didn't eat too many. That's what counts, right? Very proud, though. No nuts today for the first time in a couple weeks, though I was sorely tempted.

Tomorrow, we have an installer coming in to take care of the ceiling fan. I'm going to try doing my push-ups, planks and squats before heading out to the gym, then walk for about an hour at the gym and do my pull-ups and overhead presses. That is what I'd like to do. Whether it's what I'll actually do, who knows?

Still exploring the homeschooling thing. A friend of a friend is going to try to help me figure out what course to teach my kids over Fall Break. I'm thinking I'd like to try teaching something small, like maybe Bible lessons. I think that'll be something I can pick up for teaching only for a short time, I won't really need continuity for it, they've already been used to Sunday school, so they've got a little background in it. I'm hoping this lady can recommend something for me to give it a try with. It's just my worse nightmare to have to send them to public school. In Georgia, of all places. *shudder*
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

What a hellish day. The ceiling fan installer threw my entire schedule off, damn him! He was supposed to show between 0800-0930, didn't show until 1000. I was fretting about him screwing me up, had finally just decided to do a little cardio while I waited,and he even screwed that up by showing after 5 minutes. He thought I was surprised he showed, I told him, yes, I was. When you're half an hour past your installation window with no phone call, that generally means you aren't coming. He made up some silly excuses about living an hour away. I was like, even if you didn't find out until 0800, you still could have made it on time. Grr!

So, I ended up doing half an hour on the treadmill at home, while he took care of things, waited around another half hour while he wrote up his paperwork (seriously), didn't call him on the big scratch on my floor because I just wanted him OUT, took the kids to the gym for the precious little time of childcare left, but just took care of the exercises I don't have the equipment for at home, the overhead presses and pull-ups, though I threw in a couple sets of squats when I saw I had the time. Came home, fed the kids, did another half hour on the treamill, my planks and push-ups. Then, I got a call from my hubby that our kids' school was having Open House tonight. (They'd been trying to call, but our phone has been screwed up of late.)

I had a talk with my hubby about the kids and school. He doesn't want to start homeschooling them so young, and I get his reasons. They don't really have friends yet, and I haven't been able to find a homeschool school (sounds strange, but they do exist) in the area, which would really help with the social aspect that hubby is worried about. It's just so darned expensive to send them to private school! Things look good for this year, though. They're combining Kindergarten and 1st grade, so my girls are going to be in the same class together, along with their friends, Ashley and Amanda (also sisters, same age difference). I think it'll be good for them to be in class together, though I worry that they'll get into shouting spats. I guess we'll see what happens.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

And the week got worse! Busy, busy, freakin' BUSY. So much to take care of before school starts! It's times like this when homeschooling becomes so attractive to me. If I homeschooled, I could set my own school schedule, year round, as long as I got 15, 4-hour days a month, I'd be complying with state law. And no uniforms! And no school clothes! We can do school every morning in our PJ's if we want. (And probably would, knowing me and my girls.)

Still, I love the idea that they'll be out of the house all day starting next week. I may just be hating on the beginning of the school year, switching my schedule again.

Whew! Been MIA this week. I'm still primal as ever, but I guess I'm just starting to relax into the lifestyle or something. Well, this week, 'relax' is not the right word. *roll eyes* I'm not exactly stressed, just suddenly very busy. Weird how, when you suddenly get six free hours in your day, you find it's so full of chores and such that you can't really relax.

My oldest daughter is turning 7 tomorrow. Where the ---- did all the time go? I swear I was just freaking out over being a mother in the hospital a couple weeks ago. That whole night was surreal. Hubby and I were getting ready for bed around 11:00pm, had just had prayer and devotions, so I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth when my water broke. And I was so not expecting my water to break at the beginning of labor. That's just in movies, or so I thought. And then the stupid thing kept breaking every time I got myself clean and ready to go to the hospital, might have had something to do with her being breech. What a crazy night, and what an awesome ending! At 4:00 am. I don't think I slept until they released us from the hospital, I was so freaked out.

Omigosh... I am so. worn. out. My daughters begged to go to the gym nursery today, after I'd already worked out this morning. I though to myself, why not. I can handle working out again. Except I decided since it was a LHT day, I'd just lift again. Bad idea. Just trust me on that one. Bad idea.

DD#1's birthday went well. My dad sent her $100, so I took her to the store to buy a doll like the one she loves in the gym nursery. We couldn't find one, so what did she end up picking out? A $1.50 piece of crap toy that she's already destroyed. And she doesn't want anything else. I guess I'll use the money for something educational for her. She had her chance at an expensive toy, now said chance is passed.

I can't wait until my gym membership is up. Can't wait. People at my gym are either absolute jerks or just a bizarrely inappropriate when they try to have a conversation with me. The other day, I was doing pull-ups and some old guy just out of nowhere started mocking me. "Look at the little baby doing pull-ups." Seriously. WTF? Then, today, this guy saw me doing push-ups and felt the need to inform me that it was a good exercise, but he ought to warn me that it might make my breasts shrink. Again, WTF? And I hate it, because it is in the exact perfect location, a 5 minute drive from the kids' school, daycare is provided. I just need creepy old men to leave me alone, and it would be perfect.

Maybe I should get rude back. I always want to be rude back, about an hour later. I've been too creeped out to say anything, but I should have told the crazy guy today that doing bench presses would give him even bigger man-boobs.

ErikaE is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Real View Post
    I can't wait until my gym membership is up. Can't wait. People at my gym are either absolute jerks or just a bizarrely inappropriate when they try to have a conversation with me. The other day, I was doing pull-ups and some old guy just out of nowhere started mocking me. "Look at the little baby doing pull-ups." Seriously. WTF? Then, today, this guy saw me doing push-ups and felt the need to inform me that it was a good exercise, but he ought to warn me that it might make my breasts shrink. Again, WTF? And I hate it, because it is in the exact perfect location, a 5 minute drive from the kids' school, daycare is provided. I just need creepy old men to leave me alone, and it would be perfect.

Maybe I should get rude back. I always want to be rude back, about an hour later. I've been too creeped out to say anything, but I should have told the crazy guy today that doing bench presses would give him even bigger man-boobs.
    UGH! This is why I hate gyms. I was so disappointed to find out how weird and ideological Curves is (not to mention the one near me is only open between 10am and 6pm), because an all-female gym sounds pretty freakin' sweet to me after having so many experiences similar to yours. I miss wet saunas, too.... I think you should get rude back, fair's fair.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” -- Joseph Campbell

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Been a long time! I am still alive, though after that nasty virus that attacked my entire family, I'd say I'm lucky.

Working out again, eating way too many almonds. But they're so good! I know I shouldn't buy them, they're one of those foods that I simply cannot stop eating. I'll put a handful in a cup and tell myself that when it's gone, no more. Yeah, no more until I go back into the kitchen for another handful! And I have to buy the giant-a** tub of nuts, too. I can't get just a bag, no. That won't last more than a day. I need to stop buying nuts.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456