Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Loitering page 3

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I really shoulda said, "Ew!" I think I might have encouraged him by saying thanks. Today, fortunately, was a treadmill day. I would have worked out at home, but there's day care at the gym. (No one under the age of 13 is allowed near any exercise equipment, so for a couple brief hours, I got to let someone else watch my kids.) On treadmill days, I interact with no one, just keep my head buried in my Kindle, the way I like it.

Did 45 minutes MS (light cardio) and a sprint session. I sense I'm not doing my sprints fast enough, but I've got knee issues and can't go any faster than 4.5 mph. I didn't feel like I was going all-out, though my blood pressure got up to about 150, which is about 80% of my maximum heart rate. Maybe I'll incline the treadmill more next time, maybe that'll help. I don't think they incline beyond 15, and I'm already at 10, so this will only do for a time. Maybe my knee will have improved by the time that happens?
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

I've been so BAAAD! I finally got my coconut flour in, and it's been non-stop eating since. IF? Who has time when there are so many tasty muffins to sample? I'm so ashamed of myself. The only thing I've been doing right is going to the gym. And praise God I'm at least working off a few of the needless calories I've been gulping down. I've just missed wheat so badly without realizing it. This 'phase' will pass, with a little willpower on my part, but in the meantime, I've eaten about 4 muffins tonight alone. Gahhh!
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, paleo muffins? Is that the recipe you posted in the recipe section?
    I haven't done much with the coconut flour bc everything comes out dry...
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Yep, that's the recipe. I'm beginning to regret I found it, lol. But, OTOH, the kids love them, and if I can get them to eat paleo without them noticing, then everyone will be a winner. If I can learn that I don't need to eat them immediately after baking them.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what my perfect weight is going to look like. Back in the day, it was 120#, and I was a size 3. I'm wondering if I'll still need to lose that much, since your bones are supposed to get heavier with primal, and your muscles do grow, even if they don't get big. And I feel stupid even thinking that way, since this isn't exactly a diet. You shouldn't stop eating properly just because you can wear your jeans from your freshman year in college again. (And, yes, I still have them, 22 years later. Decades of wishful thinking!) Part of it is just me wishing for a goal I can achieve and cross off my list. No matter how many times I tell myself it's not like that.

Two LHTs at the gym, skipped my time walking. Have to make up for that tomorrow. I hope it's cool enough to walk outside instead of at the gym. But, I live in the South, probably wishful thinking again. Oh, well. I've been feeding myself very badly lately. Nothing that is specifically not primal, but in crappy combinations, not enough vegetables. I know I can do this, just wish I could figure out how to make myself do it again. I haven't gained thus far, but that scale's been stuck at 135# for a couple weeks. All my own fault, I'm sure. Blah!

Crap, I'm bad at keeping journals... And my memory is no good, so I can't even fill in the spaces... BUT, I can remember my workouts since Friday. I'm not exactly slacking, but I'm not exactly giving 100% all the time.

Friday - 2 LHT, Saturday - MS for 1 hour, Sunday - 2 LHT, Monday - MS for 1 hour

I'll be on track to get at least 3 hours MS, all my LHTs, but I still need to sprint, I think.

Got ticked off at a kid working alone at the gym on Sunday. He insisted that I not work out in socks. I told him, my shoes aren't much better than socks, he didn't care. So, I got out the only shoes I had there. He wasn't happy, but what could he say.

I'm planning on working out in my flip flops next week, lol. It's just irritating to me, because I wasn't working out with any weights, I was in no danger of hurting myself or anyone else, there is no law in GA that you must wear shoes anywhere, and I never signed anything agreeing to work out in shoes. And that little 17 year old boy was insisting I put on shoes, even though I've had conversations with the gym owner while I was barefoot, not even wearing socks. What a little turd. I hope he can't get a prom date next year.

People on this forum crack me up way more than they should. I won't get into it now, but it's amazing how people will dig in their heels and insist that someone is doing something wrong, even though no one's asked their opinion. I'm doing what works for me, you do what works for you. I won't tell you how to do your thing, except to make a suggestion when you're having problems and ask for advice, so don't bug me about how I'm doing my thing unless I ask your opinion.

I even forget what the thread was about, wasn't anything I even commented on, but why criticize someone else when they're not hurting you. They may be doing a silly thing or something just for attention or whatever, but being insecure and childish when you are a child is a very natural thing, IMO. I just laughed and moved on, more people need to learn to do that.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Did you tell the gym people that you were being badgered by a little twerp?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If I need a good laugh, I'll go onto one of the "MY version of primal/ paleo is SACRED and everyone else is WRONG!" threads and laugh my fool head off.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I thought about telling on him, but it just seemed like too much hassle. I worked out in socks yesterday and today, per normal, no one said a thing, and I really don't like being one of those people who make a big fuss over stuff, KWIM? They've got an upstairs area in they gym, where little twerp can't harass me. I'll just hang out there on Sundays, lol. I'm an almost 40 year old woman hiding from a teenager at the gym. WTF?

Lol @ naiadknight. When I first started this, I looked at the differences between people like Wolf, Sisson, Cordain, etc., and even the experts don't agree on every point. Why should a bunch of schleps on one of the forums?

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    There's a big sign up in my gym that says Vibram 5-fingers aren't allowed in the weight room, but there are a lot of stupid signs. "Don't walk through the weight room", there's a sign at one end, but not the other. The alternative route is through a basketball game. "Don't spray sanitizer on the machines, spray it on a towel first", etc. The woman who runs the gym is literally spherical and I don't think she spends any time there other than at her desk.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

WTF? Vibrams aren't allowed? Seriously? Any idea why, or is it just one of those random things? And don't walk through the weight room? As my friend Joe would say, "Whaaaat?"

Update on my workouts: Tuesday - 2 LHT, Wednesday - 1 hour MS, Tomorrow - Sprints. I'll be good on my LHT, Sprints, and meet the bare minimum for MS, although I might warm up for the sprints with half an hour MS. My oldest kid is schizophrenic about going to the gym nursery. Some days, she gets really bored and begs to never go back, some days, she's like, "Already?" when I come to take her home.

Thirty-three days until school starts, only seven weeks. And then they'll be separated most of the day, so they won't be ready to kill each other by dinner time. Hope I can make it!
    Last edited by Sanctus Real; 07-01-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast