Thread: Show off a kill/forage page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

Show off a kill/forage

This is a thread wherein you brag about edible things you've killed or foraged. Simple as that. It can have pictures or not, but as a rule it must be Grok worthy. No stories about picking apples unless you jumped a fence and got shot at while getting them.

I have nothing that great yet, so go.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Caught from my kayak, 4km out to sea. Provided several meals, including a fish head curry

Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Paleobird Guest
    Several lobsters speared with a Hawaiian sling in the Sea of Cortez. Also snorkel dove for buckets of clams (which turned into awesome ceviche) in the same area. Sorry no pictures. All got eaten to quickly.

When I was a kid you could pick abalone off the tide pools here in San Diego. Long since depleted.

p.s. Damnit Peril! What are you doing posting a close up of that handsome picture of yourself? (yeah, the fish is nice too I suppose). You know I already have a raging crush going on you. Talk about a tease.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-10-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Had to marinate that sucker for 6 years.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Mostly foraging these days. Knotweed, fiddleheads. I found a nice big mugwort plant at my parents house, and I'm patiently waiting on some burdock growing behind the house.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Watching the BBC Human Planet series on BluRay. Some of those hunter gathers are unbelievably ballsy

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    p.s. Damnit Peril! What are you doing posting a close up of that handsome picture of yourself? (yeah, the fish is nice too I suppose). You know I already have a raging crush going on you. Talk about a tease.
    Do you have a grill? Would love to catch a yellowtail off La Jolla and grill the head for you
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Watching the BBC Human Planet series on BluRay. Some of those hunter gathers are unbelievably ballsy

Do you have a grill? Would love to catch a yellowtail off La Jolla and grill the head for you
    Come on over anytime.