Thread: Mustard Greens? page

starrchilde is offline Senior Member

Mustard Greens?

Shop Now
    What is your favorite way to cook mustard greens?

I've never used them before, but we got quite a few in our CSA basket this week, so it's a side with dinner one night soon. Will they work similar to kale? I usually just wilt that with bacon and everyone seems to like that ok.

Thanks!
    ~ Chris

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didnít understand the assignment.

I told them they didnít understand life.
    ó John Lennon

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Look up Southern Mustard Greens and all will be right in your world. Use 'em like you would spinach: raw, sauteed with any oil you want, in a stirfry, in eggs...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    If I fry up some meat with fat, especially pork chops, I take the meat out and give the greens a quick saute.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Rapunzel is offline Member
    I sautee 'em in bacon fat with garlic/ginger/chili paste and then top them with a smidge of coconut cream.

I also really like them dehydrated as a crunchy snack.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Blanche them first, drain well in a salad spinner, then pop into hot bacon fat. Add bacon bits to serve, along with some balsamic or sherry vinegar on the side.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

starrchilde is offline Senior Member
    Great, thank you! We're having ribs for dinner Sunday night, and it sounds like these will go perfectly as a side.

I'll also have enough left over to try the dehydrated version too - sounds a lot like kale chips, which I absolutely love.
    ~ Chris

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didnít understand the assignment.

I told them they didnít understand life.
    ó John Lennon