Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anxiety page

gingko66 Guest

Shop Now

Can you tell me what is best to do, eat for my anxirty, depression problem.

Thank you

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I think it's better to find the cause of the anxiety and work on that.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

You're talking to the anxiety king...or used to be.

First, go talk to a professional and they will help you with coping mechanisms and strategies to combat the thoughts before they turn into anxiety. That is the most important thing. Second, take up something like yoga that will help you focus on your breathing.

I've barely experienced any anxiety since going primal, mind you there have been a couple times that probably would have set me off in a downward spiral before, but I was able to cope. Now does primal eliminate anxiety? IMO, no. But apparently it helps reduce it. Just speaking from my personal experience.

I grok, therefore I am.

syzchan is offline Member

I second Lovestoclimb's advice. Also to note, when I first starting yoga, I hated it - it seem too slow paced and the whole take-some-time-to-breath was hard to learn for someone who felt I always had to be on the go. But I'm stubborn and kept hearing good things about yoga so kept forcing myself to try it and now I love it!

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

And even if you don't really enjoy yoga too much, there are always alternative breathing exercises and techniques you can find out there. Coping with anxiety pretty much boils down to controlling your thoughts and deep breathing. Changing the patterns self talk is also extremely important.

The guy I see always says...

"The mind is like a monkey...who's drunk...and stuck in a cage...with a scorpion."

Learn to quiet the mind and the world is your oyster.

I grok, therefore I am.

JamieBelle is offline Member

I have struggled with anxiety my entire life. I have been in therapy regularly for the last three years, and have been on medication regularly for the last year. I am decreasing my therapy somewhat, but plan on continuing medication for the foreseeable future.

Diet might help, but in my opinion it doesn't always eliminate mental health issues.

maba is offline Senior Member

I haven't read this book myself, but the review says the author recommends diet and nutritional supplements to help with depression.

http://www.amazon.com/Mood-Cure-4-St...9162654&sr=8-1

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Maba great recommendation. The mood cure and the diet cure all by Julia Ross will change your life.

Can I ask what your diet looks like? Anxiety and depression is part of over 1 in 2 American's lives today because they follow the SAD.

It could definitely be a lack of a key amino acid, and protein in general. I would uptake my protein intake, maybe look into a GABA and/or 5HTP supplement to restore your amino acids. Do some reading in the diet cure before you start supplementing, but definitely up your protein intake, especially from meats.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I've had an anxiety about driving in the snow for the past couple of years. It was to the point where I almost passed out couple of times while on the highway. I'm kind of looking forward to the snow this year to see if eating Primal helped a little. I think it's going to be way better this year.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Oh, forgot to mention. If you would like to try some natural supplements, valerian root might be a good solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast