Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AbstractPersona's primal life! page 3

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Awww, what a pretty lady! Finger-nomming, fish harassment, sleeping in the sun are my guys' favorite activities too!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Saturday, June 18
    B: 3 egg omelet
    L: nothing, my stomach feels rotten.
    D: nothing, my stomach feels rotten.
    Ingredient breakdown at FitDay.
    Sunlight: a little

Sunday, June 19
    B: Sliced apples and peanut butter.
    L: beef, sweet potato, butter.
    D: Chicken leg and zucchini.
    Snacks: Parmesan cheese. Strawberries. Coconut strawberry kiwi drink.
    Exercise: 1 hour walk
    Sunlight: 1 hour arm and lower leg exposure, and I still don't have a tan.

Monday, June 20
    B: strawberries, 2 slices of the boyfriend's pizza... so sick of eggs, @_@''
    L: chicken drumstick
    D: chicken vegetable soup (with delicious homemade stock, muahahaha!)
    Snacks: more strawberries. Coffee! Think I had some cheerios. *sigh*

Tuesday, June 21

L: leftover soup
    D: leftover soup
    Snacks: STRAWBERRIES! Finished the bucket of strawberries, because that's the only primal snack I had. Pancakes... Instant noodles... even though I know how sick and bloated I feel after eating flour... stupid!

Wednesday, June 22
    L: shrimp and red pepper coconut curry.
    D: walked to the little convenience shop and grabbed some antipasto salad (yap, with pasta )

Thursday, June 23
    Fasting because I don't feel hungry and food is expensive, so I'd rather not eat when I'm not hungry. That way there's more for me to eat when I am hungry, teehee!
    Exercise: one hour walk... plus half hour browsing a thrift store, then 30 minutes hurrying home to get my wallet, then rush back to the thrift store before it closes... then a slow-paced walk of relief coming back home ;-)

Friday, June 24

B: cheerios... at this point I'm just rolling my eyes. I'll start over next week.
    D: 3 egg omelet
    Snacks: sunbelt fudge dipped coconut bar.

Weekly stats:

Need to up calorie intake, eh? But I never really feel hungry during the summer.
    It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't eating crap. I'll have better food in the house next week, though! Yay!
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 06-24-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

I've had no energy or motivation since I was sick, but that could be because I stopped the thyroid medication. I'm not sure if I'm willing to start taking it again, so I'm wondering how to go about fixing this.

But I've also been eating grain products, and I bet that plays a part in my lack of energy.
    It's amazing how sick and bloated those make me feel now. I mean, I've been eating grains my whole life...

Having no energy means I don't feel like cooking or walking anywhere. I haven't been eating breakfast because I have no energy to make it, and I've been waking up late since it also takes me forever to get out of bed.

I have no energy to walk to the grocery store and buy primal snacks. Those are really expensive too, so I feel less guilty by eating the grain products we have at home.
    So I perpetuate the cycle. Ugh.

I'm going to ask the boyfriend for help with this diet, because I really want to heal my thyroid. Though I should be able to do this on my own, I think I'm going to need his encouragement. Bleh, that makes me feel lame.
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 06-23-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Be kind to yourself, you're still healing
    Do what you CAN do and when you're ABLE to do more, you'll WANT to do it!

When I had we're-going-to-call-it-chronic-fatigue-because-we-don't-know-what's-wrong-with-you I couldn't do anything strenuous without getting flattened for days and had no energy. I found easy workarounds that were suboptimal, but that's what I had to do to get through it.

Lean on boyfriend a little, I'm sure he'll be happy to support you and go get primal snacks and encourage you. I mean, we're all here to encourage you and that doesn't make you lame, right =)

When I had we're-going-to-call-it-chronic-fatigue-because-we-don't-know-what's-wrong-with-you I couldn't do anything strenuous without getting flattened for days and had no energy. I found easy workarounds that were suboptimal, but that's what I had to do to get through it.
    That's funny you say that, it reminds me that before I started taking anti-thyroid drugs, I could barely wash more than 4-6 dishes without feeling hopelessly depressed and suicidal, I'd give up and start crying.

Lean on boyfriend a little, I'm sure he'll be happy to support you and go get primal snacks and encourage you. I mean, we're all here to encourage you and that doesn't make you lame, right =)
    I guess you're right, but I feel really bad to put "pressure" on him. He was out of state for 5 months this year, so he didn't see how sick I eventually got before I went for help.

But I waited that long because I felt like an hypochondriac, a lazy person, I mean, he kept waiting for me to do the dishes, then after 3 months he would get so disgusted he would just wash them himself. The house was never clean, we couldn't have people over. I tried to clean but I always made more of a mess than before I started. I feel bad asking for his encouragement when he's already had to put up with so much. And I should be able to do this (taking care of myself: primal, exercise, motivation) on my own.

I wonder if he was shocked when he came back. I was so much better. The house was clean and I easily did daily chores, and it didn't feel like a burden at all.
    I don't think he ever believed me when I told him I used to be a normal person, in fact, a pretty damn fine human being; responsible, strong (since I was a little kid, even older boys called me Rambo), intelligent (science, math, foreign languages), I loved working SO much, I always looked forward to going to work, even if it it was a boring job.

He met me right before I started having problems, so he only knows the retarded side of me that can't do 2 digit math, that needs to start over when counting over 10, the side of me who can't hold down a job for more than a month, the side of me with social anxiety, panic attacks, laziness, etc.

I hope he noticed that I was a little better after taking the medication, and even better after doing primal.
    I want to go back to my normal self. But I feel weak motivation for some reason O_O

OH MY GOD. What a confusing rant. *sigh*
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 06-23-2011 at 05:12 PM.

I want to go back to my normal self. But I feel weak motivation for some reason O_O
    I'm one of those lame people who actively strives to feel happy and reads books on how to do it, etc. The times when nothing works is when you feel crappy physically due to lack of sleep, illness, bc your uterus is trying to kill you, etc. So cut yourself some slack and feel as good as you can (even if that is "meh") and know that when your body is ready, your true nature will return.

but I feel really bad to put "pressure" on him
    It's not really pressure, I think guys like it if you ask them for something tangible. If I'm lying there feeling crappy and Mr. Otter says, "Can I do anything?" and I say "No", he'll just wander off. That used to kind of hurt my feelings ("Hey, you're supposed to respond by spontaneously finding something to cheer me up" -- totally not a fair thing to think).

But if it's something specific like, "Please get me some organic almonds and a funny movie" then that's something he can go DO, and then you can thank him and feel happy that you're not eating crap, and not eating crap will make you feel better physically and then you'll seem happier and that will all be his doing. You'll get what you need, he'll get to help you directly and it's a win-win all around

Just wait 'til you get your six-pack and all your energy back, he won't even know what hit him!

Wow ottercat.
    *slaps self*
    Just last week I was thinking about that. Your advice is so obvious, I can't believe I forgotten about it.
    So glad to have someone to remind me, when I'm in a slump!
    And you know what? I'm going to keep a "Motivation" folder. Then I'll keep motivating posts, and advice like yours. That way I can look at it when I'm not thinking straight.

Thanks, you've been a huge help

Saturday, June 25
    B: 3 egg omelet.
    L: kiwi, pecans.
    D:beef, broccoli, "oven fried" sweet potatoes.
    Walked for 1 and a half hours; there was no sunlight, so didn't get Vit D :-/

Sunday, June 26
    B: kiwi, pecans.
    L: sausage, bacon, a few bites of scrambled eggs. Moose tracks ice cream for an afternoon snack.
    D: ground beef burger, wilted collards, mushrooms. Dessert: Plum.
    Walked for about an half hour, then some, again, no sunlight, so no Vit D T__T

Monday, June 27
    B: plum.
    L: beef stew (beef, onions, carrots, celery, potatoes)
    D: salmon, onion, arugula.

Tuesday, June 28
    B: fruit and nut trail mix. Unfortunately the dry fruits were sweetened, but I had to make do.
    L: steak, spring greens, balsamic dressing. That was goooood.
    D: (snack: cashews)
    Finally bought some Vitamin D supplements!

Wednesday, June 29
    B: 2 egg omelet (spinach, chorizo, mushrooms, mozzarella) cooked in butter.
    L: strawberries and nuts (almonds, pecans, cashews), with whipped heavy cream.
    D: pork and mushrooms in heavy cream sauce, with baked curried cauliflower.
    Snacks: coconut strawberry kiwi smoothie, because my throat felt really dry all day. Was hoping all that fat I ate today would have make it feel better, since that's worked before. Dessert: M&Ms stolen from the boyfriend >:-D

Thursday, June 30
    B: Strawberries, Zucchini pizza boats (mozzarella cheese, since that's all the cheese we have, salt & pepper, chili paste for flavor, since I have no pizza sauce)
    L: cashews. need to stop eating so many nuts, but I can't think of other snacks that are affordable :-P
    D: 4 meatballs (pork, garlic, onion, eggs, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, spices) cooked on butter, tomato puree and broth. arugula, tomato, cucumber salad and a quick vinaigrette. Stole a few spaghetti bites from the boyfriend's plate, oops :-D Dessert: 4 small strawberries.

Friday, July 1
    B: 5 bacon slices, 2 egg omelet, half of a small pancake (my plate looked empty! ), mint tea.
    L: leftover meatball salad with an added hard-boiled egg. spiced tea with honey.
    D: (writting ahead of time) ginger beef stir-fry with almonds, broccoli and some cauliflower.

Weekly stats:

I hope FitDay is wrong about the calories, because I've been eating even when I'm not hungry (dinner). There's no way I can eat more!

Last edited by abstractpersona; 07-01-2011 at 12:43 PM.

This forum needs some of those smileys that are cheerleading with pom-poms

You're doing awesome!

Cool

Please Otter, no cheer-leading pompoms, unless they're cheer-leading kitties. :-D

This week was fun. Random thoughts!
    1)
    I never thought meatballs would be more delicious in a salad than on spaghetti. It's like the world is backwards; what are they thinking, serving it in spaghetti? Bleerghhh!

2)
    I had knee pain at night yesterday, probably because I went for a walk with flip-flops that were too big for me. I had to keep my toes squeezed tight to hold on to the flip-flops. Oh, how I wished to go barefoot!
    But anyway, it was funny because I seriously couldn't remember what pain felt like! It was a reminder of how my hands, wrists, collar-bone, knees, and ankles used to hurt. Every. Single. Day.

3)
    Related to #2, I really, really want to walk barefoot :-| I loved walking barefoot during my teens, but that was in my rural village in Portugal, that's a whole different story. When I'm walking, the urge to simply pick up my flip-flops is so strong... why don't I just do it? Pleeeh!

4)
    I keep eating dinner just because the boyfriend eats it. I need to eat a big breakfast (about 7 or 8 AM); he doesn't eat breakfast. My breakfast keeps me full until 2-3 PM. He munches on junk all morning, then he's starving by noon. I don't need to eat dinner, though sometimes I'll eat a small snack. He likes to eat really late, 7 or 8 PM. I've been following his hunger, and it sucks! Need to work something out.

Last edited by abstractpersona; 07-10-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast